Let's DO THIS!

Options
13»

Replies

• Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Got my day 6 and 7 in this morning! I did them back to back.

Yesterday would have been my day 6 but my workout time got bumped because someone was coming over unexpectedly (which normally is fine except yesterday afternoon and evening was spoken for), I had to jump in the shower quick before they arrived. I have to admit, I took longer than normal because its not my fav person in the world, when I got out hubby said she called and decided to do some other errands. GRR!! I didn't want to get all sweaty in the little time I had left because I wouldn't have had time for a second shower.

Anyway...left the house, plans fell through, got home very late and tired there was no way I could throw on Jillian.

This morning I got up and did a back to back workout to catch up.

I use the tips here form all of you to help through those really tough parts! The jump rope and sometimes during jumping jacks I step side to side.

Thinking ahead... This past summer hubby and I did 30 day shred off and on, we switched it up between the levels but only did level 3 once. I am a little afraid of what is to come in level 3!
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Well... I feel a LOT behind everyone else when I look at our Shredder Board, but... slow and steady can still win *my* race, no?

Day one I was hot, red-faced, like jelly when I finished, taking shaky steps... and when I tried to take stairs the next morning, I almost collapsed! My legs were like rubber, and SO achy. By bedtime, I was sore around the ribs, too.

By day two, I talked my husband into doing the challenge with me (he's using canned veggies as his weights). I wasn't as hot, wasn't red-faced, but WoW... those muscles were screaming!

Day three was even better. I think this is going to be REALLY good for us. I'm still totally feeling it for the whole next day, but it's a good feeling - a feeling of accomplishment! Seven days to go!!

Good luck to all of you. This is for a GREAT cause!

Great job on working yourself hard! And for getting hubby in on the challenge with you. It is nice to have support at home too!
  • traceface71
    traceface71 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Got my day 6 and 7 in this morning! I did them back to back.

That's just crazy talk! But, I'm totally jealous of both your discipline and endurance...I'd still be a panting pile of mush if I tried back to back. Good work!!

* edited to say: quoting obviously isn't my strong suit
  • tamerashoemake
    Options
    I never thought I'd say this, but today's workout was actually fun. I'm not near as winded as I was last Monday. Dog helped me balance during the quad stretches at the end. His head was just the right height to keep me from falling over :)

I'm too chicken to look ahead to see what Level 2 is like. I'll just stay here in my ignorant bliss, happy to be able to do the Level 1 workout with a smile on my face for the next couple of days.
  • dancerom
    dancerom Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm back! I was taking 2 days 'off' and really enjoyed them! Now I'm looking forward to todays shred!
    Have a great start in a new week!
  • dancerom
    Options
    and done! Feeling sweaty, shaky and great!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done. Missed yesterday due to being too busy. Will try each day this week except Wednesday and Saturday I am too busy.
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Done Day 7 earlier today. I can feel a difference in my strength (getting off the couch, reaching things, etc), my clothing is starting to become looser again :), and the workout is becoming easier. When I do it at the gym, I used 8lb weights for some of the exercises. The 5lb weights I have at home just are not heavy enough for my bicep curls. Only have one 10lb at home. Alternated the biceps using the 10lb.

So excited for Thursday when I finish Level 1! I have never done Level 2 before. I have watched it a few times and it looks tough!
  • dancerom
    Options
    Day 8 - done.

Wow... it feels good.
    Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    For anyone who is still sore (or for future workout reference), here are a couple of things to try:

1. Oranges/Vitamin C - Yesterday on EverydayHealth.com I read that oranges help get rid of that after-workout pain. (For me, it's in my thighs...the squats, lunges/side lunges, and boxing in 30DS were some of the hardest moves for me.) Apparently the vitamin C in oranges is what does it. I'm not sure how true this is though, because I take vitamin C pills every day, and I was QUITE sore anyway.

2. Bromelain - It's supposed to help with minor muscle injuries, sprains, etc. I took it right after my first 30DS workout and I was a lot better off the next day than I expected. Here's a little more about it, if you're interested. http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/bromelain-000289.htm

Does anyone else know ways to get rid of the long-lasting muscle soreness that comes with new/really hard workouts?
  • traceface71
    traceface71 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I had to skip yesterday due to a headache and nausea but I jumped back on it today! If I do an arm curl you can actually feel a ball of muscle!! And it doesn't require lots of poking around to find it!!! Who knew!?
  • dancerom
    Options
    For anyone who is still sore (or for future workout reference), here are a couple of things to try:

1. Oranges/Vitamin C - Yesterday on EverydayHealth.com I read that oranges help get rid of that after-workout pain. (For me, it's in my thighs...the squats, lunges/side lunges, and boxing in 30DS were some of the hardest moves for me.) Apparently the vitamin C in oranges is what does it. I'm not sure how true this is though, because I take vitamin C pills every day, and I was QUITE sore anyway.

2. Bromelain - It's supposed to help with minor muscle injuries, sprains, etc. I took it right after my first 30DS workout and I was a lot better off the next day than I expected. Here's a little more about it, if you're interested. http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/bromelain-000289.htm

Does anyone else know ways to get rid of the long-lasting muscle soreness that comes with new/really hard workouts?

3) Magnesium helps!
  • dancerom
    Options
    Day 9 - done! I don't feel to good today, but it's my usual november-first-snow-knee-and- shoulder-pain. So after the years I know it's gonna go away in a few days...
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Done with day 7 and I'm not seeing the scale move yet. I am hoping for some difference in measurements since I have been sticking to my calorie goal except for Thanksgiving day. I am not sure if I will be ready to do level 2 in 3 days. My shins hurt a LOT when i am doing the jumping jacks and jump rope. I think I need better/newer shoes. I am seeing a bit better endurance. I also read on another post that someone gained like 7 pounds after doing this for 10 days due to retaining water because workouts cause you to do this at first???? Ugh.