Introductions

Options
124»

Replies

• bahnbahn
    bahnbahn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity on Nov 18 so I'm just about where you guys are. I wasn't keen on everything in the Nutrition plan so I've been tracking my calories on here making sure I'm staying within the limits of the plan.

Good luck everyone!
  • Imaan2012
    Imaan2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity on Nov 18 so I'm just about where you guys are. I wasn't keen on everything in the Nutrition plan so I've been tracking my calories on here making sure I'm staying within the limits of the plan.

Good luck everyone!

Welcome!
  • smileyyogini
    Options
    hi! *waves* Im Melody.

I am 35, wife, mom, crocheter, Avon lady. I love yoga and working out but...I also love food. I have wanted to start Insanity for a long time and yesterday I bought it! I am so excited. I expect it in the mail tomorrow. Im taking measurements in the morning then hopefully pressing play for the first time tomorrow night.
  • dmeda
    dmeda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi! Im Dee
    Im a mum of a 3 year old and soon to be bride (7 months to go!). I restarted insanity yesterday. I completed it once at the beginning of the year and although I didnt loose any weight (i actually gained 4 pounds!)but I toned up quite nicely! unfortunately I have not excersised since then. This time round I plan to change my diet and keep up with healthy lifestyle! Its good to know Im not alone!
  • brihodges
    brihodges Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm Bri. I'm a 28 year old (soon to be 29!) teacher and mother to a beautiful 3 year old. I've had difficulty with my weight for the past 5 years or so. I lost 50 pounds for my wedding, back in 2008. A few months after I got married, I learned I was pregnant. I gained 75 pounds during my pregnancy! (I have a HUGE weakness for pizza!) I've been fighting to get the baby weight off for the past two years off and on. I have about 20 pounds left to go. I've done Insanity on and off for about the last year, but started doing the program seriously in November. Along with Insanity, I also try to get out and run at least one or two times a week. So far, I've lost almost 10 pounds, but I feel myself starting to lose interest and motivation. I'm hoping that having a group to turn to will help turn me back around!
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm Bri. I'm a 28 year old (soon to be 29!) teacher and mother to a beautiful 3 year old. I've had difficulty with my weight for the past 5 years or so. I lost 50 pounds for my wedding, back in 2008. A few months after I got married, I learned I was pregnant. I gained 75 pounds during my pregnancy! (I have a HUGE weakness for pizza!) I've been fighting to get the baby weight off for the past two years off and on. I have about 20 pounds left to go. I've done Insanity on and off for about the last year, but started doing the program seriously in November. Along with Insanity, I also try to get out and run at least one or two times a week. So far, I've lost almost 10 pounds, but I feel myself starting to lose interest and motivation. I'm hoping that having a group to turn to will help turn me back around!

Welcome Bri I'm Vanessa
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    hi! *waves* Im Melody.

I am 35, wife, mom, crocheter, Avon lady. I love yoga and working out but...I also love food. I have wanted to start Insanity for a long time and yesterday I bought it! I am so excited. I expect it in the mail tomorrow. Im taking measurements in the morning then hopefully pressing play for the first time tomorrow night.

Welcome melody get ready !! lol
  • logdunne
    logdunne Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I just stumbled across this group today after starting insanity last week :-)
    Im Lois, 26, from good old blighty (England)
    I work in housing (supported housing for the elderly)- which is fairly dull.
    My hobbies mostly consist of tabletop roleplay, wargames, and LARP, I also make and sell custom Larp weapons (to fund the aforementioned hobbies :-) ) So yes, I am a geek- and proud :drinker:

Ive pretty much reached my original goal weight of 166lb, started at 220 in january (I wanted to lose weight because no-one takes a fat chick in medieval costume with a foam sword seriously, i have since discovered that this had very little to do with being fat and a lot to do with running around in publing places dressed as a goblin) . In the process of loosing weight I discovered another goal, I dont just want to be thinner, I want to be fitter :-)
    I am lucky enough to have a friend who comes over every day to do insanity with me.
  • violetcharms
    violetcharms Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hiiii guys! I'm Debbie,26, from Malaysia =)

I was doing Insanity for nearly a month back in November (and almost was able to trick myself into loving it and not wanting to scream at Shaun T and tanya-bot) until I hurt my lower back AND left hip joint concurrently. Been bumming around and eating way too badly (even up til lunch today).

Tomorrow marks day one of my 12-day year end annual leave, and I plan to start on a low-intensity Insanity intro til Sunday and restart my Day One Fit Test next Monday =)

Need to lose around 6-10kg, and follow through with some intense strength training/toning exercises. This time around, I wish i could follow the Elite nutrition guide more closely... as I'm sure the reason why Im not losing much is because of the high fat diets I tend to fall back into.

I love the motivation from support groups and MFP in general, canot wait to restart this Insane journey with all of you

Cheers!
  • Imaan2012
    Options
    Wellcome Lois & Debbie!

Good luck on this Insane journey :-))
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    How's it going folks - starting Insanity on Jan 2nd - I plan to be too heavily hung over on the 1st.
    Well, I'm starting at around 5ft 8 and somewhere between 240 & 245 lbs.
    There's a lot of fluctuation currently - tis the season after all.
    Mind you, this time last year I was 269lbs, so there has been some progress already.
    Weight wise I don't really have a target - it's more about fitness for me.
    I used to be quite a good footballer and played at a decent standard, now I manage a pretty poor amateur reserve side and I couldn't even justify starting myself there.
    My big goal is to merit 90 minutes in Centre Midfield again.
    The Insanity appeals to me because it's pretty much 2 solid months. 6 days a week. I've had some pretty bad injury problems over the last lot of years and it's been a long time since I've been able to train intensively and regularly so this will be a major challenge. Weirdly, I think it will take as much of an adjustment in attitude to actually force myself to do it as it will take a physical effort.
    But I'm really lookin forward to mopping the sweat off my floor.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hey all

I was recommended this group through a friend. My name is Dee and I have done insanity for 10 days at the start of December before I broke my toe, ruptured liqaments and had an asthma attack. I am now back doing it again after starting 2 days ago and I have to admit its much easier second time around. My start weight for insanity is 303lbs. Ideally I would like to lose 30lbs in the 60 days. Please find my stats below

Start date: 29th December 2012
    Starting weight - 303 pounds
    BMI – 49.32
    Waist – 56 inches
    Chest – 54 inches
    Hips – 63 inches
    Neck – 19 inches
    Top of inner thigh – 46 inches
    Top of arm – 26 inches
    Body Fat Percentage - 44%
  • Imaan2012
    Options
    Hi Dee & BigDougie!

welcome to this group!
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am 11 days in my Insanity program. So far so good. Abit sore some days but nothing too serious. Still enjoying it and I look forward to the workout each day!
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am 11 days in my Insanity program. So far so good. Abit sore some days but nothing too serious. Still enjoying it and I look forward to the workout each day!

Welcome! Stick with it! I have 3 workouts left until round 1 is done, it really is fantastic!
  • brypres
    Options
    Hi all! Thanks to Beckyloo80 for making me aware of this page and Adam for starting it!! I am Rica and I am 31 years old. No reasons for the extra 25 pounds I’ve gained in the last year and a half other than just being plain old lazy - I never had to work out before and always had a good metabolism. Then I turned 30. Lol. This is my second attempt at Insanity, the first time around I got all the way to about the second week in month 2 and then I just gave up, no real reason that I can think back on. I was so close to finishing. I want to complete the two months this time – I keep telling myself it is only two months, just do it. I totally need the motivation and support to make it all the way through this time. One day at a time, is my new motto!

Today will be day 5 of the first month of the insanity plan. I have not been following the diet plan, not sure what to think about that.
  • Chevygurl79
    Options
    Hi ya'lls I just jumped back onto the Insanity train. I did it back in '11 while my husband was deployed and then he came home. LOL We ate everywhere, decided to add a little minion to the family and well here I am back to wanting to loose the weight. Unfortunately this time I'm 30lbs heavier then what I was when I did it in '11 and our little guy is 7 months old and I still weigh the same amount I did when I delivered him. Knocked out Day 2 earlier.
  • jackflak
    jackflak Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! I'm Jack-43 yo. Have done Insanity before-last time was July or so. Started to see some good definition and the spare tire was turning into a bicycle tire. Let myself go on eating and exercising during December and paid the price with about 10 extra pounds. So doing insanity again and following the nutrition guide. Last time I didn't follow the nutrition guide and bonked often. So hopefully upping my calories will help-but dang that's alota food! I finished day 3 today!