Introductions

Options
I'm Vikki, 36 years old with about 80 pounds to lose. I've already lost 34, but can feel myself creeping back up a bit. I want to be healthier by Christmas. It's an ambitious goal, but I know it's doable as long as I track, track, track. Welcome, friends!

Replies

• marbear1397
    Options
    Hey I am joining! Lets go we can lose ten pounds by christmas! I am at 138 pounds 5' 4'' and goal weight about 120 to 125. I'm going to be 128 by christmas:)
  • emboss03
    emboss03 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm up for the challenge. I keep yo-yoing between 205-210 lbs and would LOVE to get under 200 and stay there. Let's do this!!!
  • VikkiGettingFit
    Options
    What a great Christmas gift to yourself, Marbear: reaching your goal weight! Welcome!
  • VikkiGettingFit
    Options
    Welcome, emboss! What a great goal to get into the 100s!
  • lateatra
    lateatra Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I would like to join the 10 pound Christmas challenge. I am 5'3 and weigh 153 pounds. I am so excited and can't wait to get started! Let's go!
  • healthyme79
    healthyme79 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes! This would be great! We have 1 month! December is my b-day month but it would be great to make this happen. :)
  • mygreatyear2012
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone. I am so happy to have found this website and this group. I am definitely on board to lose 10 pounds by Christmas. I am finally committed to making the lifestyle changes required to living a healthier and more active life. My current weight is 250 pounds and I would like to lose 80 pounds. I am still searching to see what type of meal plans (don't want to use the word diet) I am going to follow to help me reach my goal, so please feel free to offer suggestions.
  • StephanieLisette
    StephanieLisette Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, This is great! I have been overwhelmed with so much great food and friends and celebratory glasses of wine. It has been a fun ride, but it's time to switch gears. I began an exercise program today, and it felt fantastic! I am so happy to join the challenge with all of you beautiful people. Here's to Christmas :)
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am in! I'm Julie, I am 35, in the ATL area. I have A LOT to lose and a mini goal sounds like a great motivator. Good luck to everyone!
  • Jtucker1991
    Options
    Hello I'm Jordan! I am new to MFP and have recently commited to making a change in my life in regards to my weight. I am 21 years old and have a 3 year old daughter, I work full time and attend undergrad full time. I am 5 ft tall weighing in at 228lbs. My starting weight before I found this website was 238lbs. My goal weight would be about 150lbs (for now). I am so excited to participate in this mini goal and hopes for it to motivate me to stay on track.

Soooo how does this work?
  • VikkiGettingFit
    Options
    Welcome! I see this group as a place to check-in at least weekly with your progress on the scale, as well as non-scale victories. Post about any challenges you encounter to get help from the group and let us all know when you're making good choices so we can share in your joy!

This looks like a great group of motivated individuals. Let's do this!!
  • emboss03
    emboss03 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Let's keep in contact each day for support and encouragement. I've found its so much easier to stick with something when you have a great support system! Feel free to add me as a friend, let's do this!
  • jlr316
    jlr316 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jen, and would LOVE to lose 10 pounds by Christmas! I currently waver between 142-145 and it would be great to see 130 again
  • godsworshipper1
    godsworshipper1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I ready to lose 10 by Christmas. I'm a Yo Yo dieter that need some serious help!
  • acolouthic
    Options
    Hello everyone! I haven't yet gotten involved in the community here; this seems like a great place to start. I made a promise to myself at the beginning of this last summer to reach 120 lbs by Christmas. Now that I only have 9 lbs left to lose, this seems like the perfect group for me. :)
    We can do this! -10 lbs would be a great Christmas gift.
  • galilanee26
    galilanee26 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi! This sounds like a great mini goal and just what I need before Christmas arrives. I've lost 38 lbs since joining the site, a little over halfway to my initial goal of 75, and am in need of extra motivation to see this thing through the holidays. Good luck, everyone!
  • mdcnwolf
    mdcnwolf Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey all, Glad to have a chance to join a group that is completely motivated. I was down 34 lbs, but in the past few days, I have gone back up. Need to get tail in gear and get these lbs out of here. I am game.

Got a way to go and would like to reach my final goal by my next birthday. HELP!!!!! LOL
  • sshort03
    Options
    I am Susan..and today is my 48th birthday...not sure how much I weigh..too scared to check the scales..I am busting out of my size 14 uniform pants...I must weigh at least 185...I will find a scale and see the truth for myself..want to start exercising and counting calories today..I work third shift so heading to work at 10PM and have found that I am eating all the time. tracking the food is such a eye opener no wonder I am overweight eat way too much food. Happy to join this group..thanks
  • suzywantsitall
    suzywantsitall Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi, Iam Suzy, from cold Wisconsin. Been a MTP member for 100 days, and have lost 31 pounds so far. And would love to say goodbye to another 10 before Christmas. When I take that winter coat off in the spring I want to be able donate it because it is way to big. Finding hard to get water in, so any suggestions would be great. :smile:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I've been on MFP a while, but found myself backsliding the last few months. That needs to stop immediately, so I'm in to lose 10lbs for Xmas.