Introductions

Options

Replies

• Lifeislike
    Options
    Hi, I would like to lose 10 lbs before christmas too. I'm 5"10 and 185-190 lbs (it fluctuates). I'm really ready to lose the weight my ultimate goal is to get to 150lbs. I already workout 5x a week so I'm going to cut dow on eating and drink loads of water ( I hate the taste and find it difficult to even drink a cup a day)
  • Kejlina
    Kejlina Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Oh hai :)

I'm at the beginning of my health journey. Having a short tern goal will help me keep on track!
  • SlimOnceMore
    Options
    Great idea! I would LOVE to lose 10lbs by xmas! I'm bidding on ebay for Turbo Fire &/Or P90X which I hope to win and get by the end of next week. In the mean time, I need to remain active with a step aerobics dvd that I already have.

And I've just binned a selection of chocolate biscuits!!! This snacking has to stop!

Good Luck everyone :flowerforyou:
  • nicnoo83
    Options
    I'm 28 (soon to be 29) and am from London. I weigh 180pounds and am 5ft 8" I struggle with my body image and my weight is really depressing me. I have two young daughters and find when they are in bed my food demons emerge... 10lbs by xmas would be fantastic... so I will commit to this goal and do my best to get 10lbs lighter... good luck everyone ! Nicola x
  • valleej
    valleej Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI I am ready for the challenge! Joined gym today (30 day membership) so I have that to motivate me. Would love to lose 10 lb. by xmas. Have not had any luck losing any yet! Just maintaining at 20 lb. overweight. 10 lb. would be GREAT!
  • shersilvey
    Options
    Hi, I am all in! 50 yrs old and recently gained about 10 pounds. I will be happy to say goodbye to it by Christmas. I like to row and walk and basically just want a body I can be proud of. I look forward to this journey with you.
  • Lhlanman
    Lhlanman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Carl I have been a mfp member for a while now and lost 19 pounds over the spring but now have slipped back nearly all of the weight. I am having blood pressure and sugar issues and really need to lose about 100 pounds. If I could lose 10 pounds before Christmas and then maintain that over Chirstmas that would be a great start. Good Luck to everyone!
  • laurajean120
    laurajean120 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    im 36 mother of 2. I would love to lose 10 pounds by christmas.Im 187 to be in the 170's would be great. im in. Fell free to add me im always looking for new friends so we can support each other. My SW was 220 CW187 GW120. height5'5
  • beige2012
    beige2012 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi I am joining too! I am 5ft 4 and have been stuck at 140 forever. I will be 130 by Christmas :)
  • ImCommited4Life
    Options
    hi. im 5'3 and 320 lbs. i hope to be down to at least 310 by christmas... hoping since im just starting and im so big, i will lose even more by christmas:)
  • madalinekg
    Options
    hello. i'm 5'4 and at my all time high of 190 pounds. i would love to lose 10 pounds by christmas, if not more. i have had MFP before but quit using it when i accepted being out of shape.. now i want to lose weight again, this time for good! :)
  • kellystr8
    kellystr8 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kelly and I've been on my weight loss journey for almost 9 months and have lost 60lbs doing so. I wanted to stop at 155lbs (down from 215 lbs), but I would like to lose 10 more pounds and definitely stop at 145lbs since I'm 5' 7" and don't want to look TOO skinny.
    Good luck everyone!
  • laurie09s
    Options
    Hi my name is Laurie and I'm 20yrs old. During my high school years I was always active in cross country and soccer and never realized that my quick metabolism was due to all that intense exercise. I never aknowledged what I was eating until I was forced to: 50lbs heavier in just a year due to college and inactivity. I lost a bit of weight just doing restricted calorie diets that werent for me. so I joined myfitnesspal this month and have lost about 5lbs...i started out 132.5lbs and am currently down to 128. My goal weight is 110. This is the first group I have joined and I cant wait to get connected with everyone and get some new diet and exercise ideas! good luck everyone : )
  • bunn3950y
    bunn3950y Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is a great motivator. I am willing to give it a go. I have gained 13 pounds in the last four months without trying. So maybe by trying, I could lose 10 pounds by Christmas. Thanks, I'm so ready to start.
  • LisaJEGibson
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm new to this program and am on day two of tracking my food. =) I have over 40 total pounds to loose. I saw this and thought it would be a great motivator to stay on task. Best of luck to all of you. Going to let my boxer take me for a walk now. =)
  • BLTemple07
    BLTemple07 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Brandi and my highest weight was 25 I dropped to 218 and gained back up to 234.. I would love to lose 10 lbs by Christmas or more even. lol I need support and people to push me. Feel free to add me as a friend too! Thanks for the group!!
  • derekldavis
    derekldavis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, This Derek is from Chicago, I'm looking for motivation to keep track and stay focused.
  • dschinaa
    dschinaa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) My name is Gina and I'm 18 years old. My current weight is 130 lbs, another 10 and I will have almost reached my goal. Losing those last 10 lbs until christmas would be brilliant, for once my new years resolution won't be to get those last few pounds off. I'm sorry if my English sounds weird, I'm German. Good luck everyone!:)
  • Heather_RT
    Heather_RT Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Heather. I'm 36, and my current weight is 170 (but my weight the day before Thanksgiving was 167!) so my goal weight for Christmas is -- oh, let's say -- 157. (I just gained about 3 pounds from Thanksgiving)

I am very motivated to reverse that problem and lose 10 pounds by the next holiday. It is very ambitious -- but I have done it before, I can do it again. I am going to try the "Fat Smash" diet again -- it's worked for me in the past. It's usually a great kick start to weight loss. (I once lost 7 pounds in about 10 days). I don't believe super fast weight loss is actually sustainable, but I am looking at this as - again - a kick-start to my long term, sustainable weight loss and healthy lifestyle. Cheers!
  • vkmcewen
    vkmcewen Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Victoria, new to MFP. I'm almost 40 and looking to lose 20 pounds. This looks like a lovely group that will keep me motivated.