Fitbit vs Body Media Fit

Options
braves1girl
braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
I know this has been asked before, but I can't find it. :embarassed: I am going to ask for one of these for Christmas and I can't decide which one. :huh: Anybody have any advice/opinions they can offer? I know the Fitbit website is free and there is a charge for the BMF, does anyone know how much it costs for the BMF? All advice/opinions are greatly appreciated!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I think one of the most important differences is that the BMF is much more accurate for strength training burns. So if you do a lot of lifting, you'd be better going with the BMF.

If you're all cardio, either of them would be pretty good :smile:

I :heart: my BMF, but I'm primarily lifting so that's why it works so well for me.

Awesome Christmas prezzie to get, btw!
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I just got my fitbit one last week and I LOVE it! I don't wear it for exercise though. (I estimate my calorie burn and "add it" in my head to my fitbit.) I haven't synced my fitbit to mfp yet because I've heard rumblings about "negative calorie adjustment" and such...I can't believe how
    a) accurate it is - it's almost dead on the Scooby calculator
    b) easy it is to wear/hide
    c) much I love the sleep tracker! so cool to see on a graph the next day
    d) much it makes me more active -- e.g. parking farther away, getting up and walking around more, etc.

I just ordered a Polar HRM online and look forward to wearing that for my actual exercise...
  • braves1girl
    Options
    Thanks ya'll!!!:flowerforyou: LuLu, how much is it per month for your BMF? I have been lifting for a month now and I do moderate cardio as well. So not sure which :noway: ...I'll wait and see if there are any more opinions...
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    $6 or something per month? Nothing worth sneezing at, anyway :)
  • braves1girl
    Options
    CanGirl40 I have a Polar HRM and I absolutely LOVE it!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: It is for sure the best thing for me I've gotten since I started my healthier lifestyle! It's so cool seeing how many calories I'm burning! Hope you love and enjoy yours as much as I do mine!!! :flowerforyou:
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Love my BMF. Think the website is $6.99, but you get some free months at the beginning. It made weight loss so much easier to know how many calories I was burning each day. Lost the last 25 lbs. in about 7 months.