Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fitbit vs Body Media Fit

braves1girl
braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
I know this has been asked before, but I can't find it. :embarassed: I am going to ask for one of these for Christmas and I can't decide which one. :huh: Anybody have any advice/opinions they can offer? I know the Fitbit website is free and there is a charge for the BMF, does anyone know how much it costs for the BMF? All advice/opinions are greatly appreciated!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    I think one of the most important differences is that the BMF is much more accurate for strength training burns. So if you do a lot of lifting, you'd be better going with the BMF.

If you're all cardio, either of them would be pretty good :smile:

I :heart: my BMF, but I'm primarily lifting so that's why it works so well for me.

Awesome Christmas prezzie to get, btw!
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    I just got my fitbit one last week and I LOVE it! I don't wear it for exercise though. (I estimate my calorie burn and "add it" in my head to my fitbit.) I haven't synced my fitbit to mfp yet because I've heard rumblings about "negative calorie adjustment" and such...I can't believe how
    a) accurate it is - it's almost dead on the Scooby calculator
    b) easy it is to wear/hide
    c) much I love the sleep tracker! so cool to see on a graph the next day
    d) much it makes me more active -- e.g. parking farther away, getting up and walking around more, etc.

I just ordered a Polar HRM online and look forward to wearing that for my actual exercise...
  • braves1girl
    Thanks ya'll!!!:flowerforyou: LuLu, how much is it per month for your BMF? I have been lifting for a month now and I do moderate cardio as well. So not sure which :noway: ...I'll wait and see if there are any more opinions...
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    $6 or something per month? Nothing worth sneezing at, anyway :)
  • braves1girl
    CanGirl40 I have a Polar HRM and I absolutely LOVE it!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: It is for sure the best thing for me I've gotten since I started my healthier lifestyle! It's so cool seeing how many calories I'm burning! Hope you love and enjoy yours as much as I do mine!!! :flowerforyou:
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Love my BMF. Think the website is $6.99, but you get some free months at the beginning. It made weight loss so much easier to know how many calories I was burning each day. Lost the last 25 lbs. in about 7 months.