Looking at W4D1...Eeep!

Options
2»

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to let you all know that I finally cracked W4D1!!

It was all the pace! I thought I was going slow already but after reading somewhere that somebody was overtaken by two old ladies powerwalking I realised I wasn't going quite that slow (lol) so I tried it - and voila! - I killed it!!

So thank you to everybody for your support here... now it's onward and upwards :happy:

Yay! :happy: Well done!
  • sahm23ladies
    sahm23ladies Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Nope..I got my *kitten* kicked!!
    I actually think I could have done it, but my shins and calves were killing me - so once I couldn't run anymore I just walked it instead

Guess I'll try again tomorrow :)

If your shins and calves hurt that bad you may want to analyze your gait. The first time I did the C25K my knees killed me but thankfully not this time and I think it's because I adjusted my gait slightly. And I keep a faster pace now too. I would also recommend ice packs after you run. It works for me!

Good luck! Don't give up!!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making it through Day 1! That gives me hope.

I start Week 4 tomorrow and just had a look at the program. I'm worried, too, that I won't get through this. That's a big jump in running time but I'm going to give it a whole-hearted try. Wish me luck.
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    week 4 day 1 was horrible for me too, it took me three attempts to get it, so I'm going to be a bit behind because you definitely need a rest day between them. I had to slow it down to 4.3 to make it, usually my run segments are 5.0 mph on the treadmill. I was still doing a jogging motion, but slower. My hold up is my legs, shin and ankle pain. I still have the ability to keep going, but, the pain gets a bit much. I'm on the treadmill until I get better shoes, week 3 I did just fine on pavement, but that couple extra minutes is too much on pavement with my current footwear. Don't feel bad if you bomb it, just try again in a couple days.
  • Ms_Pixie
    Ms_Pixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making it through Day 1! That gives me hope.

I start Week 4 tomorrow and just had a look at the program. I'm worried, too, that I won't get through this. That's a big jump in running time but I'm going to give it a whole-hearted try. Wish me luck.
    Good Luck!!!!!
  • PaytraB
    Options
    I did it!! I sucessfully completed W4D1. I did slow the pace down a little, though. I feel great.
  • hlsc
    hlsc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yea! Just did W4D1 this morning. It wasn't easy and the cold wind blowing in my face was not fun, but I did it!
  • PaytraB
    Options
    hisc, it's true determination if you're doing this outdoors at this time of year. Extra points for doing that!

I finished Day 2 today. It went pretty well. Just the last minute of the last 5-minute run was hard. Had to push myself through that.
  • hlsc
    hlsc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Plex! I am in Texas, so the weather usually cooperates, but we've had some very chilly weather these past two days. I did day two this morning in 25 degrees (no wind though thankfully). Today felt a bit easier than Monday.
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I knocked out W4D2 yesterday as well and it was tough. This is my 2nd week of W4 too. It is amazing how your body begins to adjust to running even for those out of shape like myself. Keep up the good work everyone!
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Are we ready to move on to Week 5?

I finished W4D3 today. Although I still find the 5-minute segments to be long, they seem a titch easier to get through. Imagination or reality? :D
  • Ms_Pixie
    Ms_Pixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Plex!! have you started W5 yet? I'm attempting day 3 tomorrow (dum dum duuummmm)..
    I surprised myself by being fine with W5D1 & 2, so I'm actually looking forward (a little) to day3
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Pixie, I did Day 1 yesterday and made it through! Day 2 is Tuesday.

Good luck tomorrow. You can do it! Let us know when you do. It'll inspire us. Day 3 looms for me on Friday.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I will start W4D1 tonight. I have an app on my phone where I get "coaching" form the app computer. I do mine on a treadmill so I start out on a 2 or 3 incline and go down if necessary. When starting out, my "coach" tells me that I need to focus on the time and not the speed. Go faster than a brisk walk but slower than what I have been running on my intervals if necessary. I am hoping I can complete this tonight. :) I think I can. I actually started c25k on October 25th. I go one week at a time but I am horrible at running consistently. Luckily, even though it's taken me 2 months to get to week 4, I have not had to repeat any weeks.
  • LBournes10Again
    Options
    I just completed W4D2 Wednesday. On the first run of week four I was nervous, But i did have to stop for a few second in the last 5min run! I am really worried about week 5.