Catfish tv show

Options

Replies

• dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I feel this way about reality TV in general.

Me too.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    You guys should have seen Dr Phil today! This guy was engaged to his Internet gf...they had never met in person. Dr Phil proved her a catfish. Then this lady has given her BF 180,000 dollars...oh they've never met either. And even after Dr Phil told her her bf was a catfish, she still insisted he was real.

Wow. Just wow. I can't even find the words.

I think my life is better for not ever seeing this show.

That's exactly how I feel about Dr. Phil too! :tongue: But Catfish is a guilty pleasure for me.:wink:
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    You guys should have seen Dr Phil today! This guy was engaged to his Internet gf...they had never met in person. Dr Phil proved her a catfish. Then this lady has given her BF 180,000 dollars...oh they've never met either. And even after Dr Phil told her her bf was a catfish, she still insisted he was real.

Wow. Just wow. I can't even find the words.

I think my life is better for not ever seeing this show.

That's exactly how I feel about Dr. Phil too! :tongue: But Catfish is a guilty pleasure for me.:wink:

I can't stand Dr. Phil. Here is one of my favorite contrasts;

Dr. Phil: If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

Einstein: Insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting the result to change.

One sounds eloquent, articulate and enlightened. The other sounds like an inbred hick trying to make your ears bleed.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I feel this way about reality TV in general.

Me too.

I'll 3rd this one too FTW
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    This intrigues me but I don't get that channel... will see if I can watch it online.

I have always said, my online dating experience could be a best selling book!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    This intrigues me but I don't get that channel... will see if I can watch it online.

I have always said, my online dating experience could be a best selling book!

If you have Hulu it's on there!
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    looking forward to the reunion next week

Me too. Can't wait to see what kind of crazy they have up their sleeves now.

When is the reunion?

It is tomorrow at 10
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I can't stand Dr. Phil. Here is one of my favorite contrasts;

Dr. Phil: If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

Einstein: Insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting the result to change.

One sounds eloquent, articulate and enlightened. The other sounds like an inbred hick trying to make your ears bleed.

Completely different target markets.

--P
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I watched it for the first time yesterday. How awkward.... I saw the one with the guy in NJ and the girl in Orlando... I mean, he knew she was lying and he just stuck around anyway. Then she was mad when he didn't want to commit. It was insanity.

this was pretty awkward but it hink she was just sef conscious and insecure.
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    A Soup spoof on Catfish and PoF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNWSHFgQEDo
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I don't usually watch too many reality TV shows, but I absolutely love this one. I watched Catfish: The Movie after catching a marathon day of the show while I was at work and was hooked. I find it interesting because I have done my fair share of online dating and have caught the people trying to Catfish me before I got involved (unlike most of these folk I don't trust easily and use every way possible to figure out who they are). I've also been dumped by a boyfriend for a girl that was tricking him into believing she was someone different. He talked to her behind my back while we were dating, and apparently they had been online friends for years. He never video-chatted or met her in person but they talked on the phone and texted a lot. She lived in Canada and they never even met. But he was "so in love" with her. He broke off our relationship to continue this odd phone/text relationship. I don't know how it broke off. But when I checked her online screennames and did a little research, I discovered that she sent him fake photos of herself and located other profiles with pictures of her real self that were Photoshopped up...and found candids that others had tagged her in. She was extremely overweight and not very attractive at all. Never really told him this. Perhaps he found out himself :)
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    yesterday's episode was just crazy. how do you ask someone you never met to marry you?
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    yesterday's episode was just crazy. how do you ask someone you never met to marry you?

I do it all the time
  • pa_jorg
    Options

I do it all the time

And now you have an even wider audience to ask in Cali :drinker: :drinker:
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

I do it all the time

Wha?
  • pa_jorg
    Options

I do it all the time

Wha?

After the Supreme Court ruling yesterday.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

I do it all the time

Wha?

After the Supreme Court ruling yesterday.

OH! That never stopped me before anyway.

But yesterday was a pretty decent day politically speaking :)
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    Spoiler alert!!

Anyone see the latest episode? Looks like there was finally a love match. Lol
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I love this show.

I didn't read all the responses but I watched last nights episode and the after show today

the couple talked for 8 yrs.
    they were who they said they were.
    they ended up making a great couple
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I love this show.

I didn't read all the responses but I watched last nights episode and the after show today

the couple talked for 8 yrs.
    they were who they said they were.
    they ended up making a great couple

I was shocked that it actually worked out for once. They were pretty cute.

I'm always yelling at my tv for how stupid these people on Catfish are.