You know you're primal/paleo when....

Options
primalkiwi
primalkiwi Posts: 164 Member
Okay so CW sees us as being a bit out there, let's see what quirks we have that make us primal/paleo.

These are mine to kick it off...

1. Salad and sliced up steak, leftover beef casserole / chilli / curry seems like a perfectly normal breakfast

2. You have to floss your teeth after every meal

3. Saturated fat is guilt free goodness

4. Your workmate brings a chocolate cake to share and knows you won't eat it so brings you a bowl of cherries picked off the tree in her yard so you won't feel left out

:laugh:

Replies

• primalperson1
    primalperson1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I like that!
    I always have that kind of breakfast.....I love being Paleo!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    5: When you catch yourself sucking the marrow out of a bone - after you're finished gnawing on it.

6: You pour the remaining bacon fat from the pan into a little jar to fry your eggs/veggies in later.

7: You take ten KM walks over ten mile runs any day, and know you're doing yourself good because of it.

8: "Bacon-wrapped" is your most used - and favourite - adjective.
  • GnaBean
    GnaBean Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    9. When you almost feel guilty for eating delicious meals, feeling full and satisfied after every meal, and still losing weight.

10. Putting butter in your coffee makes more sense than flavored chemical powders.
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    11. When you have great Triglyceride, HDL, and A1c numbers.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    12. When you dream of how delicious your next meal will be, full of veggies and meat.
    13. When you find yourself brainstorming how to have an entire holiday meal paleo, and be sure everyone else likes it.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    14 - When you silently judge your partner for trying the samples at Costco (....FULL of nitrates and ...grains..eww!!)
    15 - When you look puzzled when someone says "OH Bacon is bad for you..!"
  • GnaBean
    GnaBean Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    16. You cringe when co-workers brag about their "healthy" whole wheat bread sandwich.
  • primalkiwi
    primalkiwi Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    16. You cringe when co-workers brag about their "healthy" whole wheat bread sandwich.

that they have with their cup of low fat, low sodium soup in a packet. Even more so when they pair it with white bread slathered in margarine. Oh and their little 'daily treat' packages of chips.

I keep my mouth shut when they are all complaining how they are raveneous by 10am and they can't figure out why I'm not joining them eating cookies etc to keep the hunger at bay until lunch (little do they know I usually have a 7 hour gap between breakfast and lunch too).
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    17. When there's no room in your meat freezer for more meat.

18. When you talk about "my cow".

19. When you drive from farm to farm on a Sunday looking for pastured eggs that cost less than the ones at the grocery store, and try not to think of the gas you're burning up to do so.

20, when you buy vibrams.

21. When you start looking for recipes with heavy cream.

22. When you're kids say "Mom can't eat that. She's a caveman"

23. When your trainer who weighs 100 lbs and is ripped starts asking you for nutritional advice.
  • quickfeet101
    quickfeet101 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    These are so awesome! I am on day 1 primal, so I don't have any to add, but it is just great reading them!
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    24. You save bacon grease! ...and everything else that can be used as a broth or cooking agent.
  • tracy1344
    tracy1344 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Lol. I do or say so many of these.

25. You seldom venture into the middle of the grocery store.
    26. You cringe at the thought of eating protein that grew up on grain when you don't eat it yourself.
  • tracy1344
    tracy1344 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    17. When there's no room in your meat freezer for more meat.

18. When you talk about "my cow".

20, when you buy vibrams.

22. When you're kids say "Mom can't eat that. She's a caveman"

These really are me! I even wear my vibrams to church. Lol

My kids usually say "mom can't eat that cause its not Whole30".
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    27. You always have a large water bottle close by.
    28. You feel like the "skinny" guy, because most of the other guys in your age group are very beefy if not fat.
    29. You insist on going to a marriage counselor Instead of giving in to your vegan/animal rights activist wife (true story).
  • Cavewomancafe
    Cavewomancafe Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I got some good laughs out of this board!
    My additions are;
    ~ You used to be bread addict and now it tastes like cardboard and you can not figure out how you ever liked it.
    ~(I second) that having salad for breakfast seems perfectly normal
    ~Pulling off 18 hour intermittent fasts seems perfectly normal too and you do it a couple times a week
    ~Your kitchen aide mixer, that used to be the most busy kitchen appliance in the house goes largely unused except for grinding meat to make your own sausage
    ~Homemade olive oil mayo is a staple in the house now
    ~The cold cereal cupboard has been turned into a food storage container cupboard.
    ~Your on a first name basis with your local farmers
    ~Your husband, that is a crazed hunter that you thought was a little possessed is now a revered hubby that you encourage to "go get em"! :happy:
  • CaitlinedB
    CaitlinedB Posts: 67 Member
    Options

Or their "healthy" fat free breakfast muffins. :noway:
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    30- When you've converted your spouse to loving paleo cookies over wheat flour cookies.
    31- Spending $80 on nuts at Trader Joe's. (We dont have a TJ's near by, so we stock up)
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    27. You always have a large water bottle close by.
    28. You feel like the "skinny" guy, because most of the other guys in your age group are very beefy if not fat.
    29. You insist on going to a marriage counselor Instead of giving in to your vegan/animal rights activist wife (true story).

OMG, I feel for you in regards to #29. Fortunately, I'm single but now I can't seem to show any interest in someone that eats a "normal" diet. As if the pickings weren't slim enough already in my little Arctic town... but I LOVE being single anyway.

(FYI: provide the wife the latest research on plants that show that they have measurable behaviour and respond to predators. Life is life. As long as it is treated with care and respect there is no reason not to eat any life form, in fact, we HAVE to. Until we can harness our own energy from the sun, that is.)
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    32. when you no longer struggle with hunger and achieving a healthy weight is just a matter of time
    33. when you have to laugh, cry, beat your head against the wall in response to all the posts titled "help me I can't lose weight"
    34. when you try to help the "help me I can't lose weight" types and you just get ridiculed and laughed out of the room
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    When you go out to the local pub for dinner (all organic locally sourced grass fed meat) and ordering the pork with a large portion of crackling is the healthy option- god I love this lifestyle