You know you're primal/paleo when....

Options
2»

Replies

• tk1531
    tk1531 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    35. when you pass a car on the road with a "I heart bacon" bumper sticker and feel a bit of jealousy
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    36. When you checkout at the register and the clerk mentions how healthy you have shopped.
    37. When you notice all the junk others pile in their cart and feel bad that they don't know better.
    38. When you spontaniously sprint, just because you can and it feels good.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    38. When you spontaniously sprint, just because you can and it feels good.

Blimey, I do this all the time. :P

39: When you look at an animal - any animal - and think "Hey... hey, I could eat that"
    40: When a recommended "3-4oz" serving of meat is what you call a snack.
    41: You can't stand sitting around the house and take any excuse to get outdoors and walk, sprint, carry something or even just have a nap.
  • Myzztique
    Myzztique Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Okay so CW sees us as being a bit out there, let's see what quirks we have that make us primal/paleo.

These are mine to kick it off...

1. Salad and sliced up steak, leftover beef casserole / chilli / curry seems like a perfectly normal breakfast

2. You have to floss your teeth after every meal

3. Saturated fat is guilt free goodness

4. Your workmate brings a chocolate cake to share and knows you won't eat it so brings you a bowl of cherries picked off the tree in her yard so you won't feel left out

:laugh:

Absolutely love this post.

42. when you get absolutely bored of reading other weight loss, diet and recipe forums
  • GnaBean
    GnaBean Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    43. When others ask about your success, and you tell them, and they say "I could NEVER give up ____ (bread, sugar, wheat, soda, whatever)" and you just shrug, shake your head and walk away!
  • EROG1970
    Options
    43. When others ask about your success, and you tell them, and they say "I could NEVER give up ____ (bread, sugar, wheat, soda, whatever)" and you just shrug, shake your head and walk away!

If I had a £1 for everyone who has said that to me after they find out Ive lost over 5 stone in 9 months.Im so fed up with it Ive now started to tell people I drink a secret potion made by elves who live in the forest behind my house.
  • GnaBean
    Options
    Yes, a secret potion! Because THAT they'll do!
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options

If I had a £1 for everyone who has said that to me after they find out Ive lost over 5 stone in 9 months.Im so fed up with it Ive now started to tell people I drink a secret potion made by elves who live in the forest behind my house.

Haha I get this all the time- that and oh my buddy type needs carbs
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Overweight people eating SAD tell you that you're going to have a heart attack.
  • GnaBean
    Options
    Overweight people eating SAD tell you that you're going to have a heart attack.

Or overweight people eating SAD telling you that we NEED grains.

For? :laugh:
  • taureanbuddhist
    taureanbuddhist Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    27. You always have a large water bottle close by.
    28. You feel like the "skinny" guy, because most of the other guys in your age group are very beefy if not fat.
    29. You insist on going to a marriage counselor Instead of giving in to your vegan/animal rights activist wife (true story).

OMG, I feel for you in regards to #29. Fortunately, I'm single but now I can't seem to show any interest in someone that eats a "normal" diet. As if the pickings weren't slim enough already in my little Arctic town... but I LOVE being single anyway.

(FYI: provide the wife the latest research on plants that show that they have measurable behaviour and respond to predators. Life is life. As long as it is treated with care and respect there is no reason not to eat any life form, in fact, we HAVE to. Until we can harness our own energy from the sun, that is.)
    I used to be 'your wife'...very true story...I was a Vegan/vegetarian for the entire time that i have been with hubby, over 8-9 years total...until I read 'The Vegetarian Myth' about 2 years ago...life changing to say the least. Now I am the one that pushed for us to get a beef/chicken and now pork share...and am trying to get us off grains (and most dairy)...

I never cooked hubby's meats when I was a vegetarian/vegan, but I respected his choice. Now we strive for organid/local produce and grain free meats. it is a process and a transition...it takes time and is something she will have to come to on her own.

Best of luck to you guys!
  • mrsraushel
    Options
    Okay so CW sees us as being a bit out there, let's see what quirks we have that make us primal/paleo.

These are mine to kick it off...

1. Salad and sliced up steak, leftover beef casserole / chilli / curry seems like a perfectly normal breakfast

2. You have to floss your teeth after every meal

3. Saturated fat is guilt free goodness

4. Your workmate brings a chocolate cake to share and knows you won't eat it so brings you a bowl of cherries picked off the tree in her yard so you won't feel left out

:laugh:

YES to the flossing! I had kale stuck in my teeth for who knows how long after lunch yesterday! :/ embarrassing!

That's so sweet that your coworker brought you cherries!
  • mrsraushel
    Options

hahaha the elves that live in the forest behind your house! I'll have to remember that.

You know, I used to be one of "those people" who could never give up carbs (I Loooooove pasta) or cheese. But I came around.

American culture / diet is hard to buck--it's so instilled in many of my family/friends that they cannot fathom eating REAL food and they are amazed that I eat this way and have success with it.

And don't even get me started on all the "fat free" "lite" "sugar free" bs. Gross.
  • Lenpayasa
    Lenpayasa Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    --you google coupons for coconut oil and ghee.
    -- you listen to Robb Wolf's podcasts for fun
    --you feel sorry for the Cake Boss, Paula Deen, Rachel Ray and that guy from Diners, Drive-ins and Dives
  • countrygirlsheart
    Options
    [/quote]

ROFLOL!! I can't quit laughing at this!
  • sheilabeila66
    Options
    You get excited when after a workout your hubby tells you that you stink of amonia (a true sign that you are a fat burner vs. carb burner)!
  • GnaBean
    Options
    You get excited when after a workout your hubby tells you that you stink of amonia (a true sign that you are a fat burner vs. carb burner)!

I did not know this! Interesting!