does anybody else do this??

Options
13»

Replies

• kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I know men like Mike in real life and I typically ignore them. One is married to a good friend of my mother's. He's 48, balding with a beer gut and he's 5'10 if he's lucky and he feels the need to have a pretty little thing of his arm and if women aren't thin, blonde and knock outs they aren't worth his time. His wife is 44, looks like she's 20, size 3, dresses provocatively and constantly lives in fear of gaining weight and getting older and not being enough to "keep her man". I'd prefer my life, even if I look 34, am a size 6, and doubt live in fear of not being enough for the one I love.

This guy is 5'10", has a beer gut, and my personality.. and he's dating a younger woman who looks 20, is a size 3, and keeps in shape. Sounds like this guy wins in every aspect of getting a woman. This guy might even be my new personal hero.

A lot of guys might want to take note here :laugh:

I was thinking the same thing. This scenario doesn't sound real at all. Is she a horrid rotten bully of a person that deserves this guy or something?

No, she's a very sweet and hard working woman that had it rough early on in life. She married and got pregnant young, her husband went to jail and she had to raise her son on her own. Lived on practically nothing until she met "Tom". He promised her that if she kept herself up she never had to work a day in her life ever again. They have a nice house, horses (which she loves), motorized toys, take nice vacations and she has everything she ever wanted...but "freedom" to be who she wants to be, she has to be what he wants.

I guess you have to make a choice in life what you want. If you can give up something for another and be happy, then go for it. But now, after 5 years of this "arrangement" she's miserable, but is afraid to go back on her own. She wants to get a job so she has her own money, but he won't let her. She feels like she's in prison...
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Well as you all know.. I have a particular fondness for Mike! I really can't explain it..but I love the extreme, non-nonsense, tell it how he sees it approach, and I've always thought much of it was just to stir up debate or have a little fun. Perhaps I don't believe anyone would actually be that extreme in real life! :tongue:
    Considering I am the antithesis of anyone M would ever date.. I'm not sure why it works.. but I love that man!

Don't forget the booties when you visit :laugh:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I know men like Mike in real life and I typically ignore them. One is married to a good friend of my mother's. He's 48, balding with a beer gut and he's 5'10 if he's lucky and he feels the need to have a pretty little thing of his arm and if women aren't thin, blonde and knock outs they aren't worth his time. His wife is 44, looks like she's 20, size 3, dresses provocatively and constantly lives in fear of gaining weight and getting older and not being enough to "keep her man". I'd prefer my life, even if I look 34, am a size 6, and doubt live in fear of not being enough for the one I love.

This guy is 5'10", has a beer gut, and my personality.. and he's dating a younger woman who looks 20, is a size 3, and keeps in shape. Sounds like this guy wins in every aspect of getting a woman. This guy might even be my new personal hero.

I was thinking the same thing. This scenario doesn't sound real at all. Is she a horrid rotten bully of a person that deserves this guy or something?

No, she's a very sweet and hard working woman that had it rough early on in life. She married and got pregnant young, her husband went to jail and she had to raise her son on her own. Lived on practically nothing until she met "Tom". He promised her that if she kept herself up she never had to work a day in her life ever again. They have a nice house, horses (which she loves), motorized toys, take nice vacations and she has everything she ever wanted...but "freedom" to be who she wants to be, she has to be what he wants.

I guess you have to make a choice in life what you want. If you can give up something for another and be happy, then go for it. But now, after 5 years of this "arrangement" she's miserable, but is afraid to go back on her own. She wants to get a job so she has her own money, but he won't let her. She feels like she's in prison...

So basically she choose to be arm candy and submerge her personality. Of course she is miserable but honeslty cant blame the guy on this one. He told her what he wanted she decided she was willing to do it to get what she wanted. It was a buisness transaction
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I think Patrick is cute so I like to see him post. :blushing:

Having a crappy day, but this made it a bit brighter. Thanks. :flowerforyou:

--P
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Well as you all know.. I have a particular fondness for Mike! I really can't explain it..but I love the extreme, non-nonsense, tell it how he sees it approach, and I've always thought much of it was just to stir up debate or have a little fun. Perhaps I don't believe anyone would actually be that extreme in real life! :tongue:
    Considering I am the antithesis of anyone M would ever date.. I'm not sure why it works.. but I love that man!

:-) Nice one.

--P
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

So basically she choose to be arm candy and submerge her personality. Of course she is miserable but honeslty cant blame the guy on this one. He told her what he wanted she decided she was willing to do it to get what she wanted. It was a buisness transaction

Exactly.

If she's so miserable, she should just leave. No one is forcing her to stay with this man. She wants to be so independent so bad, she should grow a spine and bail on him.

However, it sounds like all this "bad stuff" that this guy does, doesn't outweigh the nice house, motorized toys, and nice vacations in her mind.

As always, I think we are only getting a slight fraction of the entire story here. I'm sure there is much more to the situation (maybe she does love him..?)
  • MikeM53082
    Options

.. and the promise not to get a fingerprint on anything!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

Oh, I completely agree. And more than likely she thought she'd be happy like this. I guess what I'm saying is that men like Mike exist. And there are women that are like my mom's friend that entertain their philosophies. Do I want that, even if I was blonde, petite and fit, no. Could I do a "sugardaddy" arrangement and be happy, no. But that doesn't mean it's wrong. But if that's the life you choice you need to own it. Every situation has ups and downs.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

Oh, I completely agree. And more than likely she thought she'd be happy like this. I guess what I'm saying is that men like Mike exist. And there are women that are like my mom's friend that entertain their philosophies. Do I want that, even if I was blonde, petite and fit, no. Could I do a "sugardaddy" arrangement and be happy, no. But that doesn't mean it's wrong. But if that's the life you choice you need to own it. Every situation has ups and downs.

I guess that's why they say "Be careful what you wish for". She is basically imprisoned, imagine trying to get back on the job market now. It's sad but when she really wants to she'll find a way out. I wonder if he is truly happy in the marriage, or if he feels just as horrible with a loveless marriage that only sparkles when people admire his arm candy.
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options

There is so much dirty to be written in response right now... but I will be good. :wink:
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

There is so much dirty to be written in response right now... but I will be good. :wink:

Yeah, you don't want to be too dirty cause then Mike will come at you with some paper towels and windex! lmao.gif
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options

Yeah, you don't want to be too dirty cause then Mike will come at you with some paper towels and windex! lmao.gif

LMAO!!!!
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    normally means you haven't been with nearly enough women to realise that no woman is in fact special.
    That is so sad. Are you really that jaded?
    You can read this in two ways...

What this really means is: no your life won't end if you are not with that woman/man (he/she is not that special), and yes you will probably meet someone else in the future that you will be able to love with all your heart should you want to do so.
    Everybody is special, thus nobody is special. Or you are unique, just like everyone else.

(People having a case of "oneitis" often need to hear that, otherwise the stakes are too high and they screw up. Imagine if your entire happiness - as they see it - was determined by a single conversation with a single person!!!)
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    normally means you haven't been with nearly enough women to realise that no woman is in fact special.
    That is so sad. Are you really that jaded?
    You can read this in two ways...

What this really means is: no your life won't end if you are not with that woman/man (he/she is not that special), and yes you will probably meet someone else in the future that you will be able to love with all your heart should you want to do so.
    Everybody is special, thus nobody is special. Or you are unique, just like everyone else.

(People having a case of "oneitis" often need to hear that, otherwise the stakes are too high and they screw up. Imagine if your entire happiness - as they see it - was determined by a single conversation with a single person!!!)

Sounds like two unnecessary extremes. Everyone is special, therefore everyone is special as far as I'm concerned. But if someone's happiness is linked to a single conversation to a person, then they have put that person on a pedestal so high they're setting BOTH of them up for failure. You can be realistic and value an individuals traits all at the same time.
  • MikeM53082
    Options
    oh i know there are men just like mike. i've enjoyed reading their conquests and such. but there are men that aren't nomadic in relationships. they want "the ONE" and over at BB.com they call it 'oneitis.' LOL! the part that rough is that they treat "the one" like they treat "not the one." so, she doesn't get that in his eyes, she's special :-)
    Hmm... "Oneitis" would normally considered a pretty bad thing and normally means you haven't been with nearly enough women to realise that no woman is in fact special.
    I doubt they use the term with fondness but rather to make fun of the dude who is into this "one" woman and are probably encouraging him to get over her.
    The other aspect of this is that if you have been with enough women, you are inclined to realise that all women have their share of problem and not put the woman you are interested in on a pedestal, thus minimizing the chances of a oneitis and optimising your chances of success with the said woman.
    I think it should happen naturally though, you shouldn't be forcing it (i.e. playing games to look "disinterested").

No one is special?

why_so_mean.jpg
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

LMAO!!!!
    Don't forget the booties.
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Mike!! I see your pu$$y!!!!!

why_so_mean.jpg