Let's get to know eachother -- Self-introduction

Options

Replies

• ljtyler7
    ljtyler7 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am Laura and am 36 years old. My husband and I moved from Texas to the UK about 2.5 years ago. It's really hard to get motivated here in the winter since it's so cold, rainy and dark! I am hoping to lose at least 10 pounds during our 10 week challenge. My favorites are:
    color- orange
    food- Mexican
    hobby- reading
  • livinglife72
    Options
    Hi my name is Renee. I want to loose 15 lbs on the challenge, Iam from Ohio but I currentl live in Virginia. favorite color--pink,favorite season--spring not to hot not to cold, favorite food--anything sweet,favorite book--shades of grey series, If I could visit anywhere I would go to Jamaica,or hawaii,any place that has sun and sand,

Iam a mother of 3 grown kids, my first grandbaby is due in April, I am a full time college student working on my associates degree in medical assisting, I am married to a wonderful man who has stood by me for 15 years,I have struggled most of my adult life with my weight, I just want to feel good in my own skin oh,and look so good I want to look in the mirror instead of break it.
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I am Terri. I started MFP in February 2012, but only really started using it on November. I love MFP and all of my MFP friends! They have made all the difference. I don't know how much I will weight by 01/01/13 because I am still losing for the New Year's Eve challenge. All I know is this that I must be dedicated this time to post a "before" pic! YIKES!!!

Good luck to everyone, but I warn you that I will be voted the most improved! (Yes, trash talk!!)
  • ericadawn92
    ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I'm Erica, 20 years old (but will be 21 by the end of the challenge!), and I'm not sure how much I hope to lose in 10 weeks (lol). I'm currently only 9 lbs away from what I think is my goal weight, so at least that, but really my main goal is to get rid of the little layer of flab that's left on my stomach and feel GREAT in a bikini for the first time in my life! So if that only takes me losing 2 lbs and doing a lot of toning or if it means losing 15 lbs and doing a lot of toning, I'm in it to get rid of that fat! :)

A little about me: I'm a full-time college student in Minneapolis, MN, but Wisconsin is my home. Travel, photography, relationships with friends/family, and my relationship with God are the most important things in my life.

I've been on MFP since the beginning of October 2012 and have already lost *almost* 20 lbs, which has been FANTASTIC, and I've really gotten into good 'habits'/lifestyle changes that will hopefully last a lifetime..which include exercising at least 5 days a week, and usually more. I've also been watching what I eat, of course.

I'm excited to do this with you all! Feel free to add me as a friend on here as well :)
  • luna16belle
    luna16belle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :)
    My name is Lauren, Im 20 and I'm restarting! I fell off the wagon recently so have no idea what I weigh due to the fear of what it might say!!

March 20th happens to be my 5 year anniversary with my boyfriend so it'll work out well I think. I know I'll remember the deadline, and it'll give me some motivation!!

Most of my previous weights are on my profile, but to make it short amd sweert, my HW is 180lb and my LW is 124lb. I'd like to be 10lb lighter at the end of this challenge. I will do this by getting back to Zumba, workout DVDs, monitoring my food intake and by setting a few rules for myself :)

I'll post a pic when I work out how to!!

A few general things about me:
    Fave colour is red or purple
    Fave book is Eragon. Though I also enjoy dark fantasy, Mills and Boon and erotica
    Im pagan
    Only ever had one boyfriend <3
    I love how my eyes look with makeup, and hot pink lipstick too!!
    Im addicted to texting (so if a UK girlie would like some text support thatd be cool)
    Food weaknesses are bread, crisps and chocolate :(

Feel free to add me :)
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    How much would you like to lose by the end of the New Year New You 2013 challenge??

Lets get to know each other -- Where are you from? What is your favorite color, season, food, television series, books, and hobby? Where would you visit if you could visit any place in the world!!?? -- and why? What are your favorite workout routines? RAMBLE ON MY FRIENDS!! lol :) Feel free to add your own questions to the mix!

Holly crap! I think I'm the oldest person here :noway:
    Hi, my name is Ghette I'm 44 years young. .:bigsmile: I live in Saskatchewan, Canada. My favourite food is Chocolate.:laugh: I don't watch T.V. I read what ever I can get my hands on. My hobby would be gardening, I love working on my pond. The only place I would :heart: to visit is Australia. I want to see the animals in their natural environment. My favourite work out routine is anything that gets my big butt moving and my heart rate up.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys, I'm Steph. I'm 37, have two girls, also Canadian (BC). I am forever trying to lose the last ten pounds! With my second pregnancy I was over 200lbs, but now I hover in the purgatory of the 140s endlessly. Enough!!! 135 is my LTG, my prepregnancy weight from 9 years ago.
    Santa is bringing me Insanity DVDs for Xmas. That combined with a higher protein diet should get me there. It's just the consistency thing that gets me. I sabotage myself as I get close to goal.
    Let's do this!!!!
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Kim, I'm 25. I'm married, have two sons. I signed up for mfp almost a year ago, but didn't really get too serious about it until April. My goal for next year/during the challenge is to lose those last few pounds, and some inches! I'm going to start heavy lifting in January, so not sure how that will effect the scale. but as long as I start looking better, clothes fitting looser, i'll be good. I'd love to fit in a size 6 by summer/shorts season.
  • CoffeeAndRunningShoes
    Options
    @Melisa-

I have tried PB2, but it isn't for me. I find the texture odd at best and the health benefits are minimized by the oil removal. Peanut butter is calorie dense but it has important nutrients that PB2 does not, especially for a vegetarian. Also, PB2 has added sugar which I try to avoid. As long as I stick to the right serving (which for me isn't that hard) and track it I think personally I am better with the real thing. Thanks for the suggestion though. A lot of people love PB2, I guess I am just odd.
  • manohirarevolutions
    Options
    How much would you like to lose by the end of the New Year New You 2013 challenge??

I would like to lose 60 lbs in 2013! My ultimate goal weight is 122 lbs and I hope I can reach it at my 33rd birthday in August 2014.

Hi!

My name is mano. I'm 31 year old, 214 lbs and 5'2. I'm from Jakarta Indonesia.

my favorite food are grilled chicken with soya sauce, chicken satay and chicken nugget. so anything from chicken.

my favorite tv series is Breaking Bad and my favorite book is God of Small Things from Arundhati Roy.

If I could visit any place in the world I would visit Mecca. why, because for muslims, we're encouraged to visit Mecca (for Hajj) at least once in our life.

my favorite workout routines are walk and low impact aerobic dance.
  • Foggy7640
    Options
    Hello everyone !!!
    My name is Isabelle, Iam 36 years old and I am the mother of 3 wonderfull kids .
    I am at the moment in parental child-rearing leave (my youngest is 10 month old :), oh and I am french...
    My goal for "the New Year New You 2013 Challenge" is to lose around 10 lbs....and my ultimate goal is to lose 35 lbs more by the end of 2013.

My favorite color is green
    My favorite Season is auntumn (with all those colors...)
    I like asian cooking
    My favorite televisoin series is "Friends"
    The place I would like to visit , without hesitation Japan ... and I would love to go back to New York
    My favorite workout routine is the Leslie Sansome Walk at home programm ( I walk with her Dvds 7days/week)

Well I guess that' s all....Have a nice day all !!!!
  • Poeticmoe
    Poeticmoe Posts: 176 Member
    Options

Lets get to know each other -- Where are you from? What is your favorite color, season, food, television series, books, and hobby? Where would you visit if you could visit any place in the world!!?? -- and why? What are your favorite workout routines? RAMBLE ON MY FRIENDS!! lol :) Feel free to add your own questions to the mix!

Holly crap! I think I'm the oldest person here :noway:
    Hi, my name is Ghette I'm 44 years young. .:bigsmile: I live in Saskatchewan, Canada. My favourite food is Chocolate.:laugh: I don't watch T.V. I read what ever I can get my hands on. My hobby would be gardening, I love working on my pond. The only place I would :heart: to visit is Australia. I want to see the animals in their natural environment. My favourite work out routine is anything that gets my big butt moving and my heart rate up.

You're not alone - I'm 44 yrs young too! :)
  • karag413
    karag413 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am Kara, I am a born and raised TX girl, in and around the DFW area my entire life. I am 34 years old, single and no children. I am a bit of a workaholic and watch way too much TV. I started this journey, well hell; I started this journey when I was 4 years old, but this time around in May 2012. I have lost 69 lbs to date and want to lose at least another 45-50. I have no clue what my “goal weight” should be as I am 5*9 and have a larger build. I am shooting for 175, and I will go from there. My next big goal (just hit my first this weekend, lowest number I have EVER seen on the scale) is 190 by my 35th birthday in April. I have been 300+ lbs most of my adult life except for about a year in 2005, my highest weight ever was 330.

Color: Pink
    Season: Fall – really any; other than the Texas summer.
    Food: Mexican
    Shows: Big Bang Theory, The Walking Dead, Doctor Who (also terribly excited about the Christmas special)
    Travel: Africa. Primarily Kenya, the Turkana Basin – I would love to go on an archeological dig during the day and watch the stars all night.
    Pets: None
    Workouts: Zumba, Treadmill, 30 day Shred – I have to change it up, I get bored very easily.

Feel free to add. I honestly believe the key to my success has been friends and motivation from this site.
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hello Fellow MFP'ers! My name is Pat aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I am so glad I found MFP, I've been back and forth with gym memberships for over 10 years now, and not much has changed, except the gym gets more and more of my money each month. My biggest issue is that I lack motivation, motivation to stick with a schedule, motivation to commit to a change, motivation to see something all the way through. My 9 yr wedding anniversary will be March 20th next year, and I would like to be fit and trim and be able to feel pretty and presentable on this special day. I'm tired of walking around in hoodies, large men's tee shirts, and stretchy pants. Time to get serious and dedicated, and i think with the motivation and help from this group, i should be able to successfully do so!! So nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww on to the questions :smile:

I'm from Houston, Tx
    Favorite Color varies. I have no biases, lol I used to HATE pink when I was younger, but now it's not so bad. As I've become older, I've become more tolerable of things. lol
    Favorite Season is Spring!
    Food = ANYTHING TASTY!
    TV Series = Big Bang Theory, I can watch re-runs over and over, this show is hilarious! :)
    Books = I'm not much of a reader :(
    Hobby = Gardening
    If I had the ability to visit any place in the world, it will definitely be New Zealand, I'm a big scenic freak, and New Zealand, just seems to be a place made of dreams.
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! My name is Amanda and I'm from Baltimore, MD. I'm so excited about this challenge. It actually fits PERFECTLY into my goals since I'm leaving for Cabo on week 10 and I'm looking to drop 15-20 lbs by then (I know it will be tough, but it's worth a shot). Here's a bit about me:

My favorite color is purple (GO RAVENS!) and my favorite season is fall. I'm a huge fan of the Big Band Theory and Modern Family. I'm addicted to my Kindle and read at least 1-2 romance novels a week. My hobbies are photography and graphic design :)

If I could visit one place in the world it would be....ahh, I can't choose one! I'll name my top 3: Italy (I want to try the food and especially the wine!), New Zealand (I hear it's gorgeous), Ireland (because I'm Irish).

As far as my workout routines, I'm currently on Level 1 of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I also run (completed my first 5K a few months ago) and use the elliptical. Once I finish 30DS, I'd like to start JM's Ripped in 30 and JM's 6 Week 6 Pack.

I'm so happy I'll have some support through the next few months. I wish I had buckled down months ago, but I can't change the past so I'm in for some HARD work. I can't wait to see everyone's results! We can do this. No excuses!!
  • ItsSamantha
    Options

Hi everyone!!

My name is Samantha & i am 25 years old.I am married & a mother of 3 kids.I would like to lose 15-20 lbs in the first 10 weeks by the end of 2013 i would like to lose 40-50 lbs!

I am from Kentucky born & raised!

Favorites; color pink,season spring,food pasta,tv series The Vampire Diaries,books i don't read much but i loved The Twilight Saga,hobby singing & dancing.

I would love to visit California because i would love to see a celebrity in person and just see how it is there.I know it is so different then where i live.

My favorite workouts are Jillian Michaels & Shaun T,they are also the only workouts i have done so far.I will finish Insnaity December 31st & plan to do it again!

I am in love with this site & so glad i came across it one day in July & i am hooked!!
  • Shikonneko
    Shikonneko Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Bonan matenon al cxiu! My name is Courtney (the second XD) and I'm just a humble code monkey currently living in St. Louis MO. Really awkward to have no snow here at this time of year but it helps to keep me going to the gym. My goal isn't a weight goal... I seem to not be able to move much weight... so I'm going to try to lose two inches off my hips and navel area (two inches each, not cumulative). I think that's reasonable for the way my body is behaving recently.

My favorite color is purple, but I tend to be a little picky about it; none of that pink stuff! My hair was purple for several years but I can't seem to find a local stylist who's willing to do it. I absolutely love spring and fall, just anything that isn't too hot! I've been heavily nursing on Netflix, lots of Scrubs, Futurama, Law and Order: SVU and random animes (Hetalia Axis Powers is great, do it!). I'm a huge My Little Pony fan as well (any bronies or pegasisters out there?). I think I might try Dr. Who next to see what all the fuss is about. I really like to read, and I'm almost done with the fourth Ice and Fire book... waiting for the fifth one to come in a size other than jumbotron so I can put them all together on the bookcase. I think my favorite food is ... any sort of bread. Muffins, bagels, loaves, hard bread, soft bread, you name it. I loves me some bread.

Hobbies gets it's own paragraph, I think I've collected too many. Outside of reading, I love love love video games. I'm currently playing the latest Harvest Moon game on my 3DS and learning to play Halo on my XBOX. I've played Final Fantasy XI (the MMO) for ... 8 or 9 years now, and don't plan on giving that up any time soon! I also started playing Farmville 2 recently to try and not pay attention to the fact that I'm having relationship issues (huge story). I enjoy trying to find and consume as much music as possible as well as fan generated content for several of my favored IPs. I also chainmaille, costume, sew, craft, and code for recreation. Oh and draw! I think I stink but everyone I know seems to love it.

If I could go anywhere in the world, I think I'd want to go to Japan. One of my best friends went once and the pictures were gorgeous! Also what sort of techophile DOESN'T want to spend a day in Akhiabara??

I don't know that I have a particular "favorite" exercise or routine. At this point I'm up to "nothing" in terms of exercise (rather than loving or hating it). I have a personal trainer (for a little while longer) who has me power lifting and I try to get in to do a little bit of HIIT cardio. I also started doing DDPYOGA today to see if that helps get me over the plateaus I'm having.

I'm hoping this helps me feel a little less isolated and alone in this sort of effort... I feel like my support structure is currently being used up on the relationship problems I'm having and that they weren't really ... Nerd guys don't know what to say to a girl who's having problems losing weight. I feel like I've overburdened them anyway.

So! Time to rock and roll, eh! Oh oh, arbitrary question! Who else has tattoos? :3
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to try PB2 but always forget to look for it. I don't do PB aside wants in cookies and such. I can't seem to eat a PB&J sandwich due to not being a fan on PB. But I have some vanilla protein shakes that taste like cake and that seems to gross me out. So I thought perhaps I should try adding things to it.

But I'm scared to try it. LOL :blushing:
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options

Helloo! :) My name is Leah, but my husband and close friends call me lay. I'm 19 years old and married my high school sweet heart exactly 8 months ago today. I'm from Green Bay, Wisconsin - GO PACK. I'm currently a student at UW Milwaukee studying Criminal Pscyhology and Behavior Analysis and hope to eventually work for the FBI on the Behavior Science Unit one day as a Criminal Psychologist :). School is basically my life right now, and plan to be going until I finish my PhD in PsyBA, and will probably go back fro law school as well. My favorite color is teal/turquoise. My favorite season is early fall. My favorite food is Italian; it is the death of me. You have me at pasta. I don't watch TV to much, but I am a reality TV junky, I suppose. But oddly enough I get glued to TV and political talk shows. I especially like the comedic ones. I'm not a big book buff either, but I usually like reading historical, research based, and non fiction. I'm especially drawn to things on WWII and crime. I was a huge sport finatic before I got injured (had hip surgery and now have an SI joint issue). I was in competitive cheerleading, soccer, basketball, track, and cross country. I don't know if it's really a hobby, but I just like to explore wherever I am. I'm curious as all heck :P. If I could visit any place in the world it would probably be ...everywhere. I want to go to Europe so so bad, especially Germany. I'd like to visit almost every country in South America, as well. Along with Australia. :) I also want to visit all 50 states. And see all 7 wonders of the world. I told you, I like to explore :)
  • Soulgroovy
    Soulgroovy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Nicole and I am 37.

I am the mother of two amazing girls ages 15 and 10 (today is her birthday).

I would like to lose about 75-80 pounds by my 38th birthday which is in Sept.(although I hope to reach my goal by the summer). I think I have been slowing my process because I wasn't keeping track of what I ate. I have been on this journey for over a year now. I started really tracking yesterday and have already loss 1.5 pds...which is probably water weight but still progress. I started CrossFit in August and it has been one of the best things I have ever done for myself. Sometimes it's hard but I like that I can push myself to go beyond my comfort zone. I recently changed my plan from 3x a week to unlimited and plan to go at least 4-5x a week.

I am from Chicago.
    My favorite color is purple.
    My favorite season is between summer and fall...not too hot and not too cold...just right.
    My favorite food is bananas and pineapples.
    Favorite television show is Seinfeld and Scandal.
    Favorite book is-too many to list as I am an avid reader.
    My favorite hobbies are knitting, writing (I write poetry), reading and anything techy.
    If I could visit any place in the world it would be Paris, France.
    My favorite workouts are CrossFit, weightlifting, and Yoga...I love how strong CrossFit and weightlifting make me feel and how Yoga will keep me flexible as I get older.

Please feel free to add me!! :smile: