Let's get to know eachother -- Self-introduction

Options

Replies

• UKMarjie
    UKMarjie Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    How much would you like to lose by the end of the New Year New You 2013 challenge??

Lets get to know each other -- Where are you from? What is your favorite color, season, food, television series, books, and hobby? Where would you visit if you could visit any place in the world!!?? -- and why? What are your favorite workout routines? RAMBLE ON MY FRIENDS!! lol :) Feel free to add your own questions to the mix!

Hello my name is Marjorie and I am 41.

I am a mother with two very busy children - a girl of 4 (almost 5) and a boy who is 1.

I do the gym 3 times a week and have managed to loose 4 lbs in the last week? (Not sure that every week will be as successful but it would be nice as this wasn't as painful a process as I thought it would be).

I would like to loose about 10 lbs in total from now until the first check in...so think that 5 or 6 lbs more isn't unreasonable - and if I loose more...that would be ok too!

I am living in Edmonton, AB but am from Montreal, QC.

My favourite colour is blue, autumn is my favourite season, I like anything that is Indian food-wise. Love to watch the new Sherlock Holmes series - Elementary as I have a sister-crush on Lucy Liu and love John Lee Miller. I would love to move back to the UK - I lived in London for 5 years - if the economy were ever to improve or I became independently wealthy.

I like to work out hard - so a lot of strength and core exercises. My exercises that I love to hate are: plank and chin up/wide grip pull ups/ and parallel arm pull ups. I LOVE to run and now that I am over a foot injury am looking forward to getting back up to the distances I used to run (about 30 km a week).

I am going to Hawaii in April 2013 and would not like to have boobs on my back like I did in my photos from this summer. I felt awful because I hadn't realized I had let it get so far.

Also, for you ladies in your 20s, a bit of advise from the other side of 30/40? Do the health corrections you need to now - because your metabolism DOES slow down and you will have to work twice as hard to get yourself sorted when you are older.
  • healthymein2013
    healthymein2013 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @Melisa-

I have tried PB2, but it isn't for me. I find the texture odd at best and the health benefits are minimized by the oil removal. Peanut butter is calorie dense but it has important nutrients that PB2 does not, especially for a vegetarian. Also, PB2 has added sugar which I try to avoid. As long as I stick to the right serving (which for me isn't that hard) and track it I think personally I am better with the real thing. Thanks for the suggestion though. A lot of people love PB2, I guess I am just odd.

Tak-
    I've been eating PB2 for about 7 years now. I love it! I can't have regular peanut butter in my house because I would go crazy and eat it straight from the jar. The powered stuff don't taste to good straight from the jar. I works for me, but we all have out differences :smile:
  • healthymein2013
    healthymein2013 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to try PB2 but always forget to look for it. I don't do PB aside wants in cookies and such. I can't seem to eat a PB&J sandwich due to not being a fan on PB. But I have some vanilla protein shakes that taste like cake and that seems to gross me out. So I thought perhaps I should try adding things to it.

But I'm scared to try it. LOL :blushing:

I don't personally use it in protein shakes but I know a lot of people that do. I like to put it in my oat, and over ice cream. Other that, it's pb&j for me.
  • Seasidedebbie
    Seasidedebbie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Debbie.

I am married and the mother of a college student.
    I am from the Chicago area.
    With my job I have traveled alot.
    My favorite vacation spot is anywhere there is a beach.
    I love nature photography.
    Favorite food - whatever I am in the mood for at that moment (sometimes healthy and sometimes not so healthy.
    I like to participate in 5k walks when I can
  • dweldon762
    dweldon762 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am a 48 yr old widow. I lost my husband of 26 yrs in 2009 from Leukemia. I lost 140 lbs back in 2000-2004 but put in slowly back on since my husband got sick in 2006 and now I am the same weight I was when I started losing it in 2000. Im very depressed about it and my health has gone down hill in the past 6 mos. I only took two stomach meds and now I am on 17 pills a day. I need to lose this weight! I have to finish raising my 6 yr old granddaughter because she has no one in her life to do so but me. I am looking forward to this challenge as I am very competitive and I know I will be able to do this now!
  • Rochie81
    Rochie81 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Rochelle and I live in Oklahoma. I am 31 years old with a 5 year old daughter that I love to life. My favorite colors are pink, purple and red. I like to spend my time with my family and close friends. My favorite activities are bowling, swimming and walking. I am not a cold weather fan so I thrive in the summer time. This year I made a decision to lose weight. It has been a slow journey for me, but I have made some progress for the year. I know I have a long road ahead so I try to celebrate the small successes. I hope to commit to being more active and lose 15 lbs. this challenge.
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Jennie and I am a 29 year old female from NJ. I work full time, have no kids or significant other, and live with my best friend of 17 years and 3 cats and a dog. I have been overweight since I was a teenager after gaining 100 pounds over the coarse of a year. I was on an antidepressant and packed on the pounds (my dosage was WAY too high). Since then, I have slowly gained more and more over the years. Add on a very unhappy volatile 4 year relationship that ended very badly and 3 years of me wallowing in my own unhappiness from the age of 25-28.

Something happened last February when I turned 29. A trigger went off in my brain that I was going to be 30 in a year and I was extremely unhappy. I had finally started a job that was reliable, living with my best friend, and I was ready to become healthy. I started to work out and discovered MFP. I lost 40 pounds from February to August of this year. I went vegetarian/ mostly vegan (occasional milk product in processed foods, otherwise vegan) and my general wellbeing became stronger.

In August we lost one of our cats, agonizingly over a month to lymphoma, and I stopped caring about everything and became depressed again. I did nothing for a while and that trigger snapped again 2 weeks ago telling me to get my *kitten* back in gear.

Anywho, I joined a gym and signed a 2 year contract with a trainer who seems amazing and supportive. I am still eating veganish, and trying to eat as organic as possible.

Some things about me: love Star Wars, the color pink, loud thumpy music (Deadmau5) and Queens of the Stone Age, most smart comedies (none of that cheesey comedy movie garbage) like TBBT, Modern Family, It's Always Sunny, Archer and Futurama, and I spend too much time on my phone and computer. I have piercings and tattoos, like to buy big gaudy rings and sparkly earrings, and I own over 300 bottles of nail polish. I love winter and snow, and I LOATHE the summer. If anyone needs a friend feel free to add me.
  • VaporeonSugar
    VaporeonSugar Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hello, my pen name is Precious, so please call me that. This is actually my first time losing weight. I was going to audition to be a model before I moved in with someone and got into an abusive and unfaithful relationship, food was the only thing that I could down and still parade around with a smile on my face for everyone. All of my life long friends are horrified at what happened to me and after a while, I wondered what happened to me too. In just three short months, I gained 100 lbs and wished I was dead, my husband wishing the same, cheated on me with another 'aspiring' model who didn't make the cut though, do to the aspiring part - she didn't have a nice attitude and she isn't pretty in the face despite being sort of a decent weight, though she still was a bit heavy. So now he has her, both unemployed and unemployable do to horrible personalities.

So here I am, two years later and a metaphorical slap in the face to my partner who caused my stress. I'm ready to stop the downing and be me again, be confident, pretty and if my body will cooperate, a size 4 or less again. I have no issues with food, my actual normal me does not eat more then two or three times a day and I love to dance and party, though I'm a bit too heavy to hit the dance floor right now, so the wii is my only dance partner.

My favorite colors would have to be pink, purple and blue - all in pastel. I adore all the seasons for different reasons. I do not really watch television, though I did like Once. The Hobbit will always be my favorite book and I shall forever be a horrible Lord of The Rings nerd who thinks she's an Elven maiden in Rivendell. Oh right, I'm also twenty-one years young and need to lose this weight soon or my dream career might slip through my fingers. I'm hoping to go from my current weight down to 110 lbs by the end of 2013, though my first goal is just to get to 136. I wish everyone here good luck to get to their goal them whether they were there before or not! o(^w^*)o
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    How much would you like to lose by the end of the New Year New You 2013 challenge?? at least 10 lbs I would love 12

Where are you from? TX

What is your favorite color? Dark Red

season? late fall

food? Chinese

television series? Doctor Who, My little pony, Stargate

books? I never promised you a rose garden, Bride of the water god, Nana

hobby? Art (painting, sculpture) crafts (papercraft, sewing) video games

Where would you visit if you could visit any place in the world!!?? Korea

and why? It's beautiful and I love the language

What are your favorite workout routines? I used to love a boxing warm up my friend taught me now I like to sit on the couch and play with the baby =( need to get back to workouts for sure
  • deeface
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Danielle and I'm a 21 year old from Sydney, AU. This is my first real time trying to lose weight... All throughout my teens I was a reasonably healthy 70kg or 154lbs (I'm 5'10")' and quite happy with how I looked, however after changing my birth control in April I have since seen my weight balloon to 92kg (202lbs). It wasn't until the weekend just gone when I was getting ready to go out for some drinks with friends that I was confronted with the harsh reality that none of the clothes I could fit into 12 months ago even come close to fitting me anymore! Despite this, I'm feeling more optimistic than ever, and ready for a change. I'm 3 days into a low calorie clean eating diet and as of tomorrow I'm getting back into the gym as well as (if I find the time) doing the 30 day shred. Hopefully this new year challenge will be able to provide me with just a little bit more of the motivation that I need. Ideally, by the end of this challenge I would like to be back to the near 80kg mark and ultimately my goal weight is around 65-70kg.

Anyway, onto the rambling....

Favourite colour: Burgundy.
    Favourite season: Autumn.
    Favourite food: I loooove Thai food. Red Duck Curry... Mmmm
    Favourite TV series: Seinfeld, Black Books, Peep Show (can't choose just one)
    Favourite hobby: Cooking!
  • kphillery
    kphillery Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    How much would you like to lose by the end of the New Year New You 2013 challenge??

Lets get to know each other -- Where are you from? What is your favorite color, season, food, television series, books, and hobby? Where would you visit if you could visit any place in the world!!?? -- and why? What are your favorite workout routines? RAMBLE ON MY FRIENDS!! lol :) Feel free to add your own questions to the mix!

Hi! My name is Kayla and I am a 25 year old mother of 2 from Jackson, MS! Just for the challenge i'd like to lose between 10-20 lbs. My favorite color is pink. Favorite season is Spring, minus the rain... My favorite food is FRIED CHICKEN, which is probably why i'm so thick, so we've modified this to grilled chicken! lol My favorite tv series is THE BIGGEST LOSER, of which i am anticipating January's upcoming new season. Favorite book is the bible, since it's really all I read. My hobbies include watching movies and just spending time with my hubby and kids. If I had the time and money, I would go to Hawaii! It's where I always dreamt of having my wedding. It just looks so peaceful and serene. Favorite workout routines are sit ups.
  • mommashelli
    mommashelli Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone.

My name is Shelli. I am 25 yrs old, mother of a 1yr, and looking to lose about 20-25lbs before 10week challenge.

I am currently in a Christmas challenge and have been since I started MFP months ago...if I lose 4more lbs i'll hit 50gone! However that challenge is ending and deff would love to have another challenge to begin! (and this is where this challenge comes into play) Question though last challenge had 2 week mini challenges is that would would happen here? I'd love it if it did!!!!

color: green
    season: like all seasons for 2 weeks then sick of them lol good thing I live in New England
    place: NH
    books: have no fav just love to read, if you got suggestions of new ones let me know
    food: chocolate, feta, pasta, watermelon, yeah anything fried... : )
    exercise: Just starting the couch to 5k jogging program, used to only walk. also do beginners fluidity to help stretch

I hope everyone has a great holiday season! I'll have to let someone take a picture of me seems how I am the one behind the camera all the time not in front of it.
  • beachgirl613
    beachgirl613 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

My name is Katharine and I'm 44. My husband and I eloped in July. It was just us and absolutely perfect. I have a 15 year old daughter and a 12 year old stepson. I work for a small government contractor in the DC area in bids and proposals so I work long hours and most days I'm lucky if I get up from my desk all day.

I'd like to lose 25-30 pounds during the challenge. I've been seriously slacking in the exercise department of late. I think it's because I leave home when it's dark and I get home when it's dark and I'm not motivated to do anything at all except climb the steps in my house where we have 4 floors.

Color: it's a toss up between bright green, yellow and turquoise
    Season: I love summer
    If I could visit anywhere it would have to be Europe (the entire continent)
    I have too many favorite books to list, we'd be here all day.
  • kissmisskate
    kissmisskate Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm Kate and I'm a 24 year old housewife. I moved-and-shaked myself down to 127lbs in 2010 just by eating like a poor person, working a highly physical job, and walking everywhere. Then I moved to nowhere, GA, got married - and gained 20lbs in the process. I'm now thoroughly committed to losing those last 15lbs before my 25th birthday, and will celebrate by participating in the Atlanta Colour Run! I'm very sedentary (no work, school, or kids) but I'm making it a priority to spend time working on myself before we start a family.

Stats:
    Fave colour: Orange. That soft, sherbet-y orange.
    Books: Hunger Games, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (long before the film, which was crap), most things by Ann Rule
    Season: Spring into Summer
    Food: Hashbrowns, Thai food, sushi
    Hobbies: Knitting, quilting, crocheting, painting, sewing, reading, gardening.
    Exercises: Jillian Michaels' DVDs, jogging, hiking with our pups.

My goal is to lose 10-15lbs in the span on the challenge. Good luck everyone!
  • corlas0105
    corlas0105 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I am excited to start the challenge. I am in a bit of a slump right now, and I think it is due to the weather and the holidays. Since 2008 I have been trying to live a healthy lifestyle, but get caught in slumps once in a while. I have participated in a triathlon, half marathon, several 5ks, did P90X twice, and finished Insanity in May. Since May I half-heartedly started training for another half marathon, but gave that up, have been doing some P90X and some bodyrock.tv workouts. I need some motivation, and have not found any in a long time. I need a goal to strive for, and this just might be it. Without a goal, I tend to get lazy and find it harder to get motivated to work out and eat healthy! I would love to lose my last 10-12 pounds, but it seems like it will NEVER come off!!! I am currently 144, and my goal is 132. I am 5' 1".

I am 34 (will be 35 when the challenge is over). I am married to my best friend, and have a 7 year old daughter and a 5 year old son. I also have the mommy tummy that has gotten a little tighter over the years, but is not where I want it to be! I teach English in middle school right now. I currently live in SC, but am originally from MI. We are moving back to MI in the summer. I am very excited to get started on the challenge! Hope to get to know some of you better!
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Guess it's my turn, now that I've finally had the time to sit down and read through the whole thread so far!

You can call me Fey. I'm going to be 39 in January, and have 2yr old twin boys who definitely keep me on my toes. I'm very very lucky to have help with them, though, so I'm not going buggo crazy and I have time to workout. Just need to get the motivation!

I joined MFP in August 2011, after realizing that although my babies were 9m old, I was still eating as though I was pregnant with twins! I lost 20lbs in the next few months and got back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but then in late November 2011 I tore some cartilage in my knee. The resulting inactivity started me on a spiral of too much chocolate and self-indulgence, and I regained it all but a few pounds. Then in April 2012 I decided to get back in gear. In August 2012 I got a Fitbit, which made a big difference. I lost 10lbs the first month I had it! But then I kind of stalled, and I've gotten back into bad habits of too much sugar and fast food, and not enough exercise. There's more info about me and my journey on my profile, if you want to friend me!

I live in Edmonton, Alberta, where we have long and harsh winters, which makes things harder. But I really have no excuses, because I have a great home gym and a membership to a fantastic rec centre in my neighbourhood. Like I said, motivation...

Fave colour: orange, pink, coral, yellow, red. Sunset colours!

Books: I read every day. Right now on my bedside table are: a book on the history of sugar and some series romance (Harlequin/Mills&Boon). I also read fanfic every day, my calorie-free guilty pleasure!

Season: I love fall, especially when I can trail run in the bright colours with crunchy leaves underfoot and blue sky above.

Food: My favourite food is a good burger. Also a chocolate fiend. Actually, sugar is my downfall.

Hobbies: I suppose reading, movies, and working out. Does parenting count?

Exercises: Heavy lifting, swimming, elliptical, trail "running", and I have a stack of DVDs that I keep wishing I'd try. In January I start a kickboxing class, which I'm excited about. I find I get more results and positive body awareness from strength training than cardio.

Travel: We actually travel a lot! Before the boys turned two, they'd already been on more than 30 flights! DH travels a ton, and sometimes we go with him. Places I want to go...? Hmmm. Russia. South Africa. Japan.
  • LetsGetFitMama
    Options
    Hey! My name is Nicole, I am a mother of a 4 yr old boy and I live in Ontario, Canada!

My goal for weight loss by the end of 2013 is to lose 80lbs approx. Not so focused on the weight, but I want to get to a healthy weight and be able to do all those fun things every mom wants to do with their kids! I don't want to be that overweight mom sitting on the sidelines watching. For my 10 week goal I would like to drop maybe 20-30lbs if possible, but I will be just as happy when I feel less sluggish and more active!

My fave colour is red/pink
    My fave season is the winter
    My fave food is turkey, nothing beats a good turkey dinner!
    Huge fan of Sons of Anarchy
    I love to write
    If I could visit anywhere in the world, it wold either be Scotland or Ireland, just because it looks so beautiful!

I am just at the start of my journey and have such a long way to go. My b/f isn't the best support system (Still trying to get him to see the light that his weight is also a huge health issue) so I hope from this I can get a great support system and I cannot wait to read and share amazing weight loss stories with you all!

Good Luck Everyone!
  • electricello
    electricello Posts: 40 Member
    Options

Hi everyone, I'm Jessica. Nice to meet you!
    I'm from the Southeastern US, so in other words, a Southern Belle. Actually, I've traveled a lot and lived all over the globe, so I don't qualify for redneck status. Either way, I am happy to be here and finally taking my weight loss seriously. I have never in my life before counted calories! I only tried to count carbs once upon a time. I need to lose 50-60 lbs and I have never been anything but overweight my entire adult life, but I won't let that stop me from becoming a skinny *itch.

My fave season is Fall, I'm sad it's over. I am an avid fan of True Blood & Vampire Diaries, I obviously have a thing for vampires! I read a lot; mainly romance or self help. If I could visit any place in the world, it would be Paris. I have always wanted to just live there and become French! Since I was 7 I have been stating I wanted to go to Paris, but somehow even with all the globe trotting, I never made time to go. So now, I am trying to give myself incentive to get rid of the weight before I go on my tentative date in July 2013.

My fave workout routines are Zumba (at the gym), Turbo Fire (at home), and also Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30. I am hoping to try belly dancing and other more dance oriented workouts soon. I find that I enjoy them so much that it doesn't feel like exercise if I'm dancing! I am also very musical; I play cello, piano, and I sing. Maybe that's why dancing appeals so much to me.

I regained the 30 lbs I had lost earlier this year, and that was really hard for me to accept. I am over the denial, however. I am excited to start 2013 with some momentum and focus, knowing that I can get there if I stay committed and focused. I wish you all the best and want to thank all of you in advance for helping me on my journey.
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Jessica, I lost 20lbs "twice" last year, which in some ways is great, and other ways demoralizing since I regained it in the first place. ARGH. But you can do it! Every step counts.

I lived in Paris in 2004 and it was wonderful. It took me a while to get used to the 2hr lunch breaks, though! I always used to work through lunch, but I had to get used to eating a long big lunch with lots of wine, take walks, do shopping, and then try to refocus for the afternoon. It wasn't always easy, especially with the wine. ;)
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, my name is Mary. I have been an MFP member since 2011, but really only started utilizing the site in September 2012, since April 2012 I have lost 35 lbs and have 51lb to go in 2013.

I have been with my spouse for almost 8 years, we live in a small town with our two dogs. Much of our social life revolves around drinks with friends, so I have had to make some hard changes in order to make the weight loss thing work. I run with our dogs 5-7 mornings a week and recently started incorporating strength training. I am currently signed up for the Tough Mudder in Toronto, Canada for May 11, 2013.....I will be stepping up my training in January and hope that will help with my weight loss goal in 2013.

Currently in a 3 week lull of no loss, but trying to focus on the fact that I will that I will be ringing 2013 in 35lbs lighter than I rang in 2012 :bigsmile:

Favorite colour is Pink
    Like to Read, but brain is usually too drained after work to pick up a book.
    Must do my workouts in the morning, cause again too drained after work to do them.
    As a result of the drain, may watch a bit too much TV in the evening.

And that is my ramble! Nice to meet everyone! :drinker: