Combat - preview of the workouts

Options
2»

Replies

• mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I did upper body blow out this am. Wow, it gives asylum a run for its money on the intensity. Loved it.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    What is the Combat 60 Day rotation like?

Did you receive your kit yet because the schedules are included in the program guidebook.

I'm not able to open it until Christmas Eve, just wanted to get a feel for what the rotation was like. :laugh:

The first 2 weeks we'll be doing 2 x combat 30, 1 x combat 45, 2 x 30 min HIITs
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I did Combat 30 Live today. It's very similar to Kick Start - but jazzier because it's live. It actually was a bunch of fun, more fun than kick start, because they joke around a little more and you just feel a great energy off of the routine that you want to give it your all.
  • cjsanford63
    cjsanford63 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Opinions please: I did HIIT Plyo again last night and I HATE it. Spend the whole 1/2 hour thinking this is horrible, I don't want to do it. It is the only workout that I don't like and have to talk myself into. So, what if I replace that one with Plyo from Insanity or P90X. I know they are longer, but I don't spend the entire workout HATING what I'm doing... I'm thinking at some point if I stay with the one from Combat I'm just going to make that a rest day and skip it all together.
    Thanks for your thoughts.

I would substitute for another plyo workout before giving up the day to rest (unless your body feels like it needs the extra day). Did you try the 2nd HIIT - Shock Plyo yet? If you like that one better then just do that one instead of the other.

It's the Shock Plyo workout that I hate. The first one is great. So I was thinking that maybe I would replace it w/Plyo from another series or take the day, since I'm working thru the 6 day a week schedule. Most likely replace w/another workout though.
  • telcochik
    Options
    To continue on with my preview of all the LMC workouts before Jan 7 today I did Combat 30 Live. This one was fun BUT nowhere near as awesome as Combat 45. One round included 340 something kicks! Needless to say, this one will make you sweat but it's pretty short. I may do this one instead of Combat 30 sometimes just for variety.
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,456 Member
    Options
    I just tried out Combat 30 Kick Start last night, and I LOVED it! I did use 1lb weighted gloves, so that may have contributed to my upper body soreness. I have done many kickboxing workouts, this is the first time that I have had sore triceps! I love that they want you to use power vs. speed. Speed is involved, but you can really up the power. I think because you are not jumping all over the place. Not that you don't move around during the workout, but you are not trying to do a jumping jack and then punching. I think that they evenly balanced out the upper and lower body with each segment.
  • telcochik
    Options
    I just tried out Combat 30 Kick Start last night, and I LOVED it! I did use 1lb weighted gloves, so that may have contributed to my upper body soreness. I have done many kickboxing workouts, this is the first time that I have had sore triceps! I love that they want you to use power vs. speed. Speed is involved, but you can really up the power. I think because you are not jumping all over the place. Not that you don't move around during the workout, but you are not trying to do a jumping jack and then punching. I think that they evenly balanced out the upper and lower body with each segment.

That's a great observation about power vs speed! I'm going to have to go find my weighted gloves from Turbo Jam and give Kick Start a shot while wearing them. Thanks for the tip!