Saturday - Hobbies

Options
FuzzieJelly
FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
What are some of your hobbies, personal interests?

Replies

• dawnreid2012
    dawnreid2012 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My hobbies include couponing, karaoke (lol), painting, photography, and reading. I love to cook and visit with friends and family. I am also absolutely addicted to pinterest lol. I have found so many healthy recipes and snack ideas, exercises, and fitness related stuff on it.
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    With school, work and gym time I don't really have time for my hobbies, but here are the things I do when I have time.
    Crafting
    Reading
    Political volunteer work
    Reading that list I realize that, when left to my own devices, I am a huge nerd!
    My newest "hobby" is working out, especially doing yoga.
  • texasokie
    texasokie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I enjoy quilting (when I get the chance) and love gardening. I also like to cook/bake and spend time with my grandbabies ages 5 and 8. I also enjoy online games but not much moving involved there lol.
  • mmommaj
    mmommaj Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello all...it's not Saturday but I am here and thought I would answer anyway. Unfortunately, most of my hobbies are sedetary: knitting, crocheting (though the wrist won't let me do this one), cross-stitch, read. I am currently goiing to school...so homework is a huge hobby whether I want it or not. I do enjoy watching t.v. and have recently gotten hooked on Dr. Who. I do have a nook with netflix so I am finding that an episode of the Dr. gets me through 45 minutes of walking on the treadmill. I really enjoy anything I can do with my hands...to steal a term from a friend of mine...I am a chronic hobbiest. :)
    Mell
  • FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I really don't have very many hobbies. I love to swim!!!!!!! Bowling is fun...(can't afford it right now). I like Zumba even though I can't keep up..i just keep moving and trying to do the moves.hahah.

till next time

Melanie
  • needsmthngnew2
    Options
    I fretted that I had gained a few extra pounds during the holidays....Thank God I didn't! I felt it and still feel it! I felt that I looked like that I had, but when I weighed in, I was the same. When I tried on the new clothes that I had bought, I was still the same. Guess what? That's good and bad because I cheated myself.....The greatest comfort was knowing that I can start from where I am already and continue on to the my challenge.........Take it from me and let's not cheat ourselves or a become a hinderance to ourselves in our goals....Spring is coming and when throw off that winter coat/ it will be off inside as well as out and we will look "FABULOUS!" Woo Hoo!
  • Kate964
    Kate964 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i love to make necklaces with multi-colored glass and seed beads. it is relaxing and i enjoy it!!:heart:
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Every single one of my hobbies are sedentary. I enjoy reading, watching TV shows and movies on Netflix and occasionally scrapbooking. If you asked me BEFORE September 2012, I would have said, "Eating, sleeping, reading and Netflix." :-)

I used to enjoy photography, but found that I didn't have any natural talent for it. Also, had a tough time moving around with a camera and heavy lens around my neck. Once I lose 30-40 pounds, maybe I'll pick it up again. I like scenery and that would at least it get me out of the house.
  • dublythe
    dublythe Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love to knit, crochet and sew. Thankfully they are activities which keep my hands busy, something I need. I'm looking to take up the guitar this year. I've never played more than a few notes, but I love music. Wish me luck!
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I used to crochet and craft a lot, hoping to start adding that back soon. In warmer temps we like to garden and play outside with the kid,:smile:
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Back before children, I used to LOVE to read romance novels! lol

I enjoy sewing-either from a pattern or just creating something, reading, baking, spending time online (MFP and Facebook)...in the spring/summer/fall I enjoy being outdoors working in the garden. Call me crazy, but I LOVE to push mow our yard...and it's the size of a football field! It's my 'real' me time!

I love my children dearly, and I think this summer we will need to buy bikes for the youngest boy and for me. Then we can incorporate bike riding as well!
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    my hobbies in the winter are knitting, crocheting plus reading. I like to watch a good movie and read on-line.
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,267 Member
    Options
    I love to shop, cook, shop, read, shop, go to the movies and shop. Did I mention that I love to shop:laugh:
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I love to Cook & bake- LOOOOVE it !! and being a sahm i have a little time to do it LOL

Gardening(vegetable) though not very good yet- still learning- every year we get better, learn from past mistakes
    & conversely- canning/dehydrating

i like to watch tv and movies- really want to see the movie les miserables but may wait for the video

i like to read, but have a bad habbit of starting books and losing interest and starting a new book
  • zoeysmom08
    zoeysmom08 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    In the colder months I love to read, watch reality shows(bachelor/bachelorette, biggest loser, survivor, red-neck island) I am a reality tv junkie!

In the warmer months I love to camp with hubby, spend time at the family cabin on the mountain, nature walks..that's about it for me!
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    My hobbies include knitting, crochet, and reading. I love to bake as well but it has gotten more difficult with food allergies and my gluten free diet, but I'm working on that. I really want to learn to play guitar. Call me crazy, but another thing I really want to learn is to build things.....like a carpenter does.....shelving, decks, etc. Weird huh?
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I am a cross stitcher, and read a lot
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Jewelery design, random crafting, reading. Just about anything to keep my hands busy. :)
  • Monicapierce
    Monicapierce Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Currently I work fulltime and go to college fulltime, on top of having a husband and two young children, so hobbies are not a huge part of my life but I do have a few. :) First off womens groups with my church, I love doing activities with all the ladies, so fun! Second, Im a major couponer when I really have the time to get into it and get rush everytime! Third, my husband and I both are big travel nuts, we love going to new places, going to amusement parks and what not, and he even likes to go shopping with me sometimes.
  • lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My biggest hobby is reading. I love it. I also love movies...and I'm trying to make exercise a hobby, but I haven't quite gotten there! :)