Replies

• KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,268 Member
    Options
    I guess you can say health and fitness is my new hobby:smile:
  • valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I agree with the lady above = getting healthy has become my new "thing" to get excited about - had a major aha moment this week when all of a sudden my tummy flattened out quite a bit (seemed all of a sudden anyway) from just holding my belly in as instructed to do on the walking video I am using. I am not killing myself doing exercise, just some walking, treadclimber and stat bike, but all in short sessions and moderate speed and I am seeing progress. This is enlightening to me, before I always felt that it was an all or nothing approach that would be needed, now I see that was what was holding me back from being successful. I do hope to eventually take up running but I know now that it will be because I want to not that I need to.
  • FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I love that I am a head hunter....so many people without jobs...so little jobs...lol
  • KAR1959
    Options
    I've decided to cook and plan healthy. I use to love cooking but got out of the habit and began eating out a lot. Now that I'm mostly working at home I am cooking more and enjoying it. I'm starting to search sites for new recipes and adding again to my cookbook collection.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Not so much a hobby as a ritual I need to get back into....cleaning the house top to bottom on Saturday! Wish me luck!!! :wink:
  • valcladdagh
    Options
    Today's focus is getting the house in order before heading out on holiday, organizing stuff for the kids not going with us and starting packing - no time for fun hobbies today.
  • mrtobias50
    mrtobias50 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Beginning to plan my vegetables and flowers for spring garden. I am also heading off to the gym to plan my program there.
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Spent a good part of the day with my daughters. Now that's a "hobby" I enjoy. Picked up some beads today to make a bracelet.
  • zoeysmom08
    zoeysmom08 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Walking, walking and walking!! I love my outside walks with my fur baby best but I like my Leslie walks too especially when the weather is bad!
  • uniquesarah
    uniquesarah Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    my favourite hobby at the moment is reading :)
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I did some crocheting on another baby blanket. In the evening my hubby and one of my daughters played board games. It was great, something we haven't done in a real long time.
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Walking has become my new hobby. Setting a monthly goal with the Leslie Sansone group. I plan to increase the miles every month.
  • valcladdagh
    Options
    I am trying to get back to my exercising, also trying to make walking my hobby. Been all over the place since getting back home last weekend. But ready to gear up again now.
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Exercise...I have set a goal of 40 miles for March.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Today is my one year anniversary on MFP. I am resetting everything! Keep on going strong, my friends!!!!
  • KAR1959
    Options
    I've rediscovered healthy cooking since joining MFP. I've use to love to cook but I got away from it. Now I'm always searching for new, healthy recipes and enjoying being in the kitchen again.
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Burning garden calories today! Supposed to be a beautiful day. : ):smile:
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Now that's it's finally gotten warm, I hope to spend time in the yard...weeding, planting and general clean up. Gardening is a good calorie burn.
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I wish it was warmer and drier here so I could go outside! Doing some closet clean out today. Yuck!
  • FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I need to get back into a hobby again. I used to do paint by numbers, but I haven't done it in a long while. I love to go swimming. Is that considered a hobby of should I count it as exercise. LOL