Insight

Options

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I can't change the main reasons people give me why I'm single. Most of my guy friends tell me that I'm very intimidating to date because of my career and intelligence. :ohwell:

I think you should tell everyone to GFY...sorry I think that is bull****, your career and intelligence are great and anyone intimidated by them is half a man.

Where do you live? I will go there and take you on a date show all the dumbasses in your world they are missing out.

Rant over

Awww .. I just grew a little crush on you for that!

A little crush?? Well damn I assumed (im pretty arrogant) I was the huge MFP crush you had that you wouldnt tell anyone about.

Oh yeah... we still never got an answer about that... :huh:

Thanks Will. :grumble:

Lets talk about Kits boobs instead!! woot woot!:bigsmile:

My boobs want to know who your crush is!

Well played Kits! :drinker:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    This started out about why we are single, and it became about Boobs. I love it.

Everything should eventually become about boobs or it is a failed conversation.
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options

Agreed!
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options

I like the way you think.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Have you ever asked family or friends why they think you're single or why you have dating problems or why you always have failed relationships or why nobody asks you out? Has anyone ever given you unsolicited advice?

The reason I ask is that because this weekend my friends and I were talking about what kind of men we want to date and I said "someone that makes me get up and do things. I dislike having to come up with ideas of activities to do because I'm scared of the person rejecting me or my idea." My friend said that she has noticed that.

So for 2013 I decided my goal is to invite people to do things rather than wait for an invite!

Good for you... I think you will see more opportunity come your way!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Have you ever asked family or friends why they think you're single or why you have dating problems or why you always have failed relationships or why nobody asks you out? Has anyone ever given you unsolicited advice?

The reason I ask is that because this weekend my friends and I were talking about what kind of men we want to date and I said "someone that makes me get up and do things. I dislike having to come up with ideas of activities to do because I'm scared of the person rejecting me or my idea." My friend said that she has noticed that.

So for 2013 I decided my goal is to invite people to do things rather than wait for an invite!

Yours is the same as mine! I'm really bad at getting up the courage to ask people to do things or to just do them because I'm so shy or concerned with being rejected/having someone think that my idea is stupid. I have social anxiety and there have been times when it actually prevents me from leaving the house.
    Because of this, I don't have a whole lot of very close friends because I'm never initiating and eventually people get tired of doing all of the "work".
    I'm getting better... So maybe for 2013, I'll try to be less introverted and make an effort to reach out to people.
    Same here except it's only women. Doesn't even need to be a girl I am into. It's that fear of rejection/feeling stupid. I have no problems with guys thinking an idea of mine is stupid. Usually, with my guy friends, if one rejects my idea as stupid, I just retort "oh yeah? Well, your face is stupid!" We then both laugh and move on. With someone of the opposite sex however...
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    if one rejects my idea as stupid, I just retort "oh yeah? Well, your face is stupid!" We then both laugh and move on.

I do that with everyone. If it works for friends, it'll work with the person you're compatible with!
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I can't change the main reasons people give me why I'm single. Most of my guy friends tell me that I'm very intimidating to date because of my career and intelligence. :ohwell:

I think you should tell everyone to GFY...sorry I think that is bull****, your career and intelligence are great and anyone intimidated by them is half a man.

Where do you live? I will go there and take you on a date show all the dumbasses in your world they are missing out.

Rant over

I live in Los Angeles. I actually understand a man's desire to be the provider in a relationship. Unfortunately most of the men I meet who make as much or more than me are total a**holes and I don't want to date them. Just the way it is.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

Rant over

I live in Los Angeles. I actually understand a man's desire to be the provider in a relationship. Unfortunately most of the men I meet who make as much or more than me are total a**holes and I don't want to date them. Just the way it is.

So would you consider a serious relationship with someone who makes considerably less than you and that's perfectly content with you being a provider?

Let's say he's fairly educated and works in a traditionally low paying field.. maybe he's a publisher's assistant making 40k a year.
  • cinsuccess
    Options

So would you consider a serious relationship with someone who makes considerably less than you and that's perfectly content with you being a provider?

Let's say he's fairly educated and works in a traditionally low paying field.. maybe he's a publisher's assistant making 40k a year.

I would be fine with a guy making considerably less than me as long as he loves what he does. The way I see it, I'm paying all the bills living alone so another person in the house doesn't significantly increase my bills at all. I just want that person to make enough so they can support their own stuff, buy things they want, pay their cell phone bill, etc. I don't want to be a sugar mama but I don't mind being the main provider.
  • will010574
    Options
    I have much more issue with you living in Los Angeles then any amount of money you make or your intelligence level by a long stretch.

And by issue I just mean I love the east coast and wouldnt relocate to LA.

Also since LA is such a big place we would have to go on more than one date, considerably more, in order to let ALL the *kitten* out there know they are missing out by professing to be intimidated by you.
  • will010574
    Options
    And for the record, l literally just paid my cell phone bill!
  • will010574
    Options
    Ladies, can we all just agree that our group crush this week is on will010574 for a variety of reasons?

Are you saying, I am not ALWAYS the crush for all of the women in single peeps? Im a bit hurt and shocked actually
  • cinsuccess
    Options

I was born and raised in NY and thought the same thing until I moved out here. Now I'll never go back to those awful winters!
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Ladies, can we all just agree that our group crush this week is on will010574 for a variety of reasons?

Are you saying, I am not ALWAYS the crush for all of the women in single peeps? Im a bit hurt and shocked actually

Meh.. we switch it up. It was your turn. Christmas miracle? :tongue:
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

I was born and raised in NY and thought the same thing until I moved out here. Now I'll never go back to those awful winters!

I am also not a fan of LA. It's all about San Diegoooooo <3
  • will010574
    Options

Meh.. we switch it up. It was your turn. Christmas miracle? :tongue:

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in awhile!

@Cin....ive lived out there, San Diego area and I do like San Diego but the East Coast , southeast is more my style. I dont do winters either! I do visit the LA area roughly once a quarter but still hasnt made me want to leave the Southeast.
  • cinsuccess
    Options

@Cin....ive lived out there, San Diego area and I do like San Diego but the East Coast , southeast is more my style. I dont do winters either! I do visit the LA area roughly once a quarter but still hasnt made me want to leave the Southeast.

Gotcha... I guess I'll just have to keep looking then.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

Winter in NY is reason 1-10 why I want to get out of here.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

Winter in NY is reason 1-10 why I want to get out of here.

Try central Illinois. It snowed Monday, was 55 on Tuesday, is about 40 today and is supposed to drop below 20 tonight and tomorrow. :noway: