Hello!! Introductions

Options

Replies

• Rebirth08
    Rebirth08 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Stefanie, 29 years old. As of 12/1/12, the scale read 213 pounds when I stepped on it; I have dropped 25 unhealthy pounds since sept 2012 and I am about 10 days new to mfp. My goal is to be at or under 200 pounds by 1/1/13. I may post before pics from sept, nov, and jan by 1/1/13.
  • liloneames267
    liloneames267 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Amy. I am 27 and married with a 2 year old son. I currently weigh 104.8 kg (231 lbs) and have an ultimate GW of 70 kg. My husband and I are going to TTC #2 in 2013 and I am going to try lose weight and better myself in the mean time. I cut out all soda back in October, doing the Wii Fit, walking (between 5 and 7 km usually), and I started the 30 Day Shred at the end of November. I don't do the 30DS every day so I am on in the middle of level 2 currently.
  • cubby09
    cubby09 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Simon, 37 from Carlisle in England. I joined mfp back in Feb but havnt had any real success. I've put on around 16lbs in the last 4 months so my current weight is around 213lbs. All my clothes are now to small and I hate it. Hopefully this group will help.
  • soonergirl97
    soonergirl97 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Shanna from Oklahoma, I am 35 years old married with one little girl, i have tried mfp before with some sucess the something always derails me. I am really hoping 2013 will be better on the weight loss front.

Current weight: 237
    Goal weight: ???

Ok see i don't really have a goal weight so much as a goal size with a pair of jeans I love and want to be able to get on my buns once again.

So my current size is 20-22
    My goal size is 14
  • jesskkai
    Options
    I'm Jeska. I'm pretty new to myfitnesspal. I downloaded the app a few months ago but have only gotten serious in the last month. I started at 274 and weighed 265.6 this morning. I am 5'8" My goal weight is 150-160

I log every day. I haven't really played with any other features, like forums, commenting, etc, before today.
  • healthymama12
    Options
    Hi All,

Just joing MFP, and trying to navigate this website, *sighs*. I joined MFP by the recommendation of my surgeon, and to hopefully get connected with people who are in the same boat as me. ALL my life I've battled the bulge, but got to my heaviest on Oct 29 2012 and just sat cried. Well since then I opted for the Adjustable Lap Band on Dec 6 2012. I NEED to make these changes to improve my health and well being. Hopeing to find a little bit of support.
  • daffyduck2012
    Options
    Hello!
    Names Dapheny :)
    19 years old
    college freshman
    been battling with weight issues since elementary
    i weight about 280:sad:
    undecided about everything in life:grumble:
    my goal is to become a 'fitness freak'!!
    i want my life to revolve around making my body better and keeping myself healthy!
    goal weight: i don't care about numbers i just wanna look GOOD!
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Hi... was hesitant to join this group and almost felt like I don't really belong here now. Hmmm I don't know. I have already lost 65 pounds and in another 5 pounds I will be under 200. So, what do you think? Is this more for folks who are where I was when I started out?
  • manohirarevolutions
    Options
    Hi!

my name is mano.
    31 year old
    need to loose 80+ lbs.

my highest weight is 225 lbs (102 kg)
    current weight is 214 lbs (97 kg)

I plan to lose 55 lbs in 2013
  • njkilmer28
    njkilmer28 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Joanie, just turned 29 and I have been been overweight most of my life. I have lost 50lbs between 2005 and 2006, then my life changed for the better. And I guess because of all the happiness and going to desk a job I put that 50 lbs back on + 25 more. I started MFP in July but didn't stick with it. I restarted, and now, it is my 40th day and I've lost 12 lbs so far.

Start weight: 303
    Current weight: 291
    Goal Weight: 160

Let me say the change that made life better was that I met my now husband (6 yrs total, 1.5 yrs married). He has full custody of his son (now 12) and daughter (now 14). The 3 of them made me realize it was time to quit partying, straighten up and do something with my life. That something was college, I will graduate in May with my accounting degree, Yay! Any who-Love the idea of this group and can't wait to see what it brings for everyone. :happy:
  • kittenbobitten
    kittenbobitten Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have read through all of the introductions and I am very excited to see all the new people who have joined! Welcome! Anyone who is new or needs support outside of this group, feel free to friend me!!

Alison
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I'm Lisa, 43, live in Florida. I started MFP last February at 260 and have lost 55 pounds so far. My goal is 170 which will finally put my weight in the healthy range. At that point, I will re-evaluate where I want to be.

I was working out 8 - 9 hours a week, but that has gone down a little only because I finished my fifth Half Marathon two weeks ago and my training for that has decreased from 20 miles a week to 10 miles. On this last race, I took 25 1/2 minutes off my best time while doing intervals of walking 4 minutes and running 1 minute. My next goal is to actually start running for longer distances which I have been doing these past two weeks. This week, I ran for a mile and a half non stop. What a great feeling! One of my challenges to myself for 2013 is to get in a race of 5k or higher every month this year. I already have quite a few planned from a 5k up to a Half Marathon. So far I can't seem to find one for July which being in FL makes sense. I may have to visit family in OH and find one there. :smile:

The most important thing I have learned in the past 10 months is that this isn't a diet. There is no quick fix and this has to be something you can do for the rest of your life. I haven't deprived myself of things I want and I modify things when I can to make them healthier. I really enjoy working up a sweat so that helps me earn back some more calories to indulge on occasion. No guilt.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Hi... was hesitant to join this group and almost felt like I don't really belong here now. Hmmm I don't know. I have already lost 65 pounds and in another 5 pounds I will be under 200. So, what do you think? Is this more for folks who are where I was when I started out?

p.s. I'm 46 and live in Ohio.
  • talozie
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I am looking for new friends, I have had fitness pal for about 1 year now but never used it....in the past 2 weeks I have used it everyday...
  • a_better_me_for_me
    Options
    Hi eveyone!! I am so happy to meet all of our new people!!
  • rgrubert
    Options
    Hello everyone, I was glad to see this site. I started losing weight three years ago when I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I started at 280 and was able to lose 73 pounds in the first year. I thought not so hard hmmmm keeping that off was tough. So this year I have been dealing with medical issues and want to get restarted. I now weigh 256. My goal is 190 so I need to lose 66 pounds. The food tracker is simple to use and that will help. I am not expecting to lose much until I am off the steroids. But I am at least going to try. I look forward to chatting with everyone.
  • PeaceLoveandFitness140
    Options
    Hello, everyone. My name is Yolanda or better known on myfitnesspal.com as gethealthy16. I am new to myfitnesspal.com. I am a young student who enjoys school and loves learning. I have been playing the piano and performing for almost 13 years and will someday like to learn how to sing and play guitar. Besides my music career, I enjoy spending time with friends and family and volunteering to help those in need. Also, I love to write novels and poetry and read mystery books. I have struggled with my weight since I was in my early teens. I have tried dieting before and I can never stick to them. My friend who also used myfitnesspal.com to lose weight, recommended this program for me. After exploring the website for a bit and stocking up on healthy food, recipes, and exercises, I finally made an account. I am ready to committ to losing this weight. Since I will probably need some motivation, I decided to browse around in the myfitnesspal.com community. I came across the 200 Ib challenge group the other day. I hope we can help and encourage each other in the journey.

Let's kick fats's butt together!!! LOL. Feel free to add me as a friend or message me anytime. Peace! Happy Holidays; Happy 2013 :)
  • arwsgirl
    arwsgirl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Kids: 2 girls (3 & 4)
    Hobbies: photography, reading
    Weight: 259
    First goal: 200

I've been a fair-weather MFP member but something's gotta change - and this weight has got to go. I'm sick of being the fat sister and being ashamed of being in front of the camera rather than just behind it. I was a size 6 when I met my husband, 8 years ago, and now I'm literally twice the woman I used to be. I'm tired of it.
  • lovebug601
    lovebug601 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI.! I'm Bria and I'm 19. I've tried mfp before but I failed because of lack of motivation. This is the heaviest I've ever been. I was always comfortable like this, but when I think about it that was a big part of the problem. After the many days of recently being uncomfortable I just think it's time for a change. I'm excited about this page because of the many interactions to come so..I'm in it to win it. Let's go :)
  • yessiecam88
    yessiecam88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all !

Age 24
    starting weight 283
    current.weight 241
    goal weight. 170

motivated and ready !