Primal / Paleo New Year goals...

Options

Replies

• atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    - I would like to keep my eating to 80/20 rule, or better if possible
    - try new recipes so I don't get bored
    - continue trying to live more pure ( no soaps, lotions, or chemicals)... this is a hard one, but I now use the oil cleansing method to wash my face, and coconut oil on my body. I'd like to make my own detergent.

Physically
    - lose those last 10 lbs of baby weight holding on
    - fit back into my prebaby jeans
    - do 10 crossfit pushups correctly on toes
    - become flexible enough to touch my toes again
    - continue training for this years (2013) tough mudder and do better than last!
  • little_miss_panda
    Options
    To do the January Whole30
    Grow some veggies in my garden
    Do the crossfit beginners course at my local box
    Do my first triathlon

The most important goal for me is to do the whole of 2013 without alcohol. Alcohol and I have had a tempestuous relationship since my teens, and this year, I finally managed to reduce my intake of the stuff, including doing 6 weeks straight alcohol free. I was inspired by the Dryathlon, which is a challenge to do the month of January alcohol free to raise money for Cancer Research UK. So instead of just the traditional January detox, I have decided I will do a full 365 days, and try and raise as much money as I can for this great cause!

I hope to gain the benefits of a clearer head, better health, and increased participation in life.
  • ksellen1
    ksellen1 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My goals for the year:

1. Commit to my kettle bell gym - I'm struggling with leaving my CF box, but since I moved this is way closer and way cheaper. I'm giving it a fair chance.

2. Commit to the paleo lifestyle - I know I love it and I know it makes me feel better. Aside from CF, this is my best discovery of 2012.

3. Get my hubby on Paleo - he may not know what I'm doing, but I'm going to try and get him at least to 80/20. 80 when he's with me, 20 when he's on his own. I welcome tips on this if any of you have tried to convert your significant other off SAD.
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Love this post! After eating a lot of non-paelo items over the holidays I am so glad to be back on track! This holiday was truly a reality check on how certain foods make me feel - and not good at all!

My goals for 2013 are as follows:

1) try and eat mostly paleo/primal (started paleo but seem to be moving into Primal a bit more) (90/10)
    2) To lose at least 50 pounds by the end of 2013
    3) To complete 30 day shred (more being consistent and doing it daily)
    4) Join CF once money is a bit better
    5) To do proper push ups
    6) To be able to see my toes without have to pull my boobs back LOL!
  • hopsonc24
    hopsonc24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My 2013 goals are:

a high and tight butt in my wedding dress (sept 2013) Bring on the squats, lunges and deadlifts

Complete Insanity

Become a better outdoor runner, so I can complete a few 5ks and 10Ks and maybe a 1/2 marathon
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    -Switch to black coffee. I need to cut out the creamer.
    -Try my damndest to complete a 5K (I'm not a very good runner).
    -Try two new Paleo recipes every month
  • countrygirlsheart
    Options
    Well I am not quite so ambitious as to think I could do a pull up when I am pushing 400 on the scale, but I would be thrilled to do a regular pushup :-)
  • FairuzyAmanuzy
    FairuzyAmanuzy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    1. Lose remaining 7 lbs to hit goal
    2. Do a real pushup
    3. Complete a 5k
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I think mine will be to conquer the temptation of the cheese board.
    I've dropped so many things, but this is still with me. I also like cottage cheese and yoghurt too.
    Milk is gone already.
    The whole 30 will test me! I still have a lovely selection of bries, blues, Jarslberg, camambert etc in the fridge right now!!
  • divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You can send all but the blu to me. I have no plans to eliminate dairy next year...
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    You can send all but the blu to me. I have no plans to eliminate dairy next year...

Sure - It'll be very very blue by then!
  • sarbar71
    sarbar71 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My New Years goals are to meet my goal weight - hoping by June, but would be happy just to do it this year (25 more to go), stick with Primal at least 90/10, do at least 1 or 2 Whole 30's, get my hubby and kids to eat more "real" foods and less junk, keep up with my running so I can run a few 5ks next summer (who knows, maybe even a 10k), and I really hope to incorporate more strength training thus year. Oh - I would love to do Insanity - but will just have to see about that one!!
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    After eating a lot of non-paelo items over the holidays I am so glad to be back on track! This holiday was truly a reality check on how certain foods make me feel - and not good at all!

My goals for 2013 are as follows:

1) try and eat mostly paleo/primal (80/20)
    2) lose 45 pounds by the end of 2013
    3) To complete 30 day shred
    4) Complete Whole30
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to move towards eating more primal myself, and continue to convert family members...I'm up to three so far.

I've also signed up for the Tough Mudder in May, so finishing that is a goal for this year as well.
  • meghanner
    meghanner Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    http://paleodietlifestyle.com/paleo-resolutions-not-about-weight-loss/

A great post! 10 NY resolutions that are NOT ABOUT WEIGHT LOSS :) Remember folks, the paleo diet isn't a weight loss diet, weight loss is a side effect of not consuming the SAD. Happy NY!
  • GnaBean
    GnaBean Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Sugar creeped back into my diet over the holidays. Not as extreme as before I went Primal in July, but it seems to be steadily increasing. I will get rid of sugar in 2012. I will also participate in at least 3 5K's, even if I have to run/walk them. I will continue to work towards being able to run a mile continuously. I will add strength training to my workouts.
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I am doing the whole 30 again starting tomorrow. I really want to stay mostly paleo when it is over. The last time I did a whole 30, I went crazy when it was over. Change is a slow process. I have definitely learned that over the past 15 years. Ten years ago, I started Weight Watchers for the first time. If you'd have told me I would be doing a Whole 30 now, I would have thought you were insane!!!:) It takes time for most people to change and grow. I've learned that no matter how many times I fall down, just to get back up and start over. I also plan on doing P90X again. Started it last summer and had to quit 2 weeks before completing. I will also complete a 5k with my husband in 2013, even if I walk some.
  • 33runnergirl
    33runnergirl Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My 2013 goals:

1. Complete 21 Day sugar Detox
    2. Finish January eating clean
    3. Prep meals weekly (i.e. Sunday meal prep and making sure I have meat down for meals)
    4. Complete Disney Coast to Coast Challenge (2 1/2 marathons)
    5. Start really leaving everything on the gym floor. I have a tendency to hold back because I am afraid I won't be able to finish, then I always end up feeling like I could have done more.

Unfortunately I feel like my main goal this years has to be shedding some serious body fat. I have lots of CF goals but feel like it will take losing a significant amount to weight loss to make them happen.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    My 2013 goals are:

Goal 1: To lose 12 pounds, by April 1!
    Goal 2: To run 6 races in 2013.
    Goal 3: To establish a strength training plan.
    Goal 4: To not be afraid to push my limits.
    Goal 5: To feel good about myself on the beach in Aruba in August!!!
  • lindajay3
    lindajay3 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bump