Who workouts at home?

Options
13»

Replies

• freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I workout at home and I am one workout away from finishing Stage 5.
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I am doing this at home...well, I guess I should say will be doing this at home. I'm starting tonight. I have a bench w/bar, weights, weider workout machine so will be able to do seated rows and lat pull downs, Swiss ball, and some lighter barbells (3-10lb) and 1 barbell I can change the plates on. I think I have everything I need aside from a squat rack but my husband will just spot me.
  • IliN82
    IliN82 Posts: 108
    Options
    1I do it at the gum but am helping a friend who is doing it at home. How do you do the wide grip lateral pulldown at home? Thanks!
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    1I do it at the gum but am helping a friend who is doing it at home. How do you do the wide grip lateral pulldown at home? Thanks!

I use a resistance band. I have a few at different resistances. I tie it around the top of my squat rack and pull down like I would with a lat bar. I do the same for rows, but obviously wrap the band around a different spot to simulate the pull.
  • GonnaBFit2510
    GonnaBFit2510 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've just started today at home :0) so 1 workout down, I think I need to pump my Swiss ball up a bit as I was wobbling all over the place on it lol other than that I thought it was great I started off with 2kg/4.4lb on each dumbell but realised that was too light so changed to 4kg/8.8lb on each and I still think that is too light so gonna up the weight on fri and see how I get on. I have no idea of how much weight I should be lifting so just started low and gonna increase until I know what I'm capable of ;0)
    I've got dumbells, barbell-weight 10kg/22lb, weights totalling 27kg/59lbs so I will need to buy more at some point, bench, resistance bands, step, and Swiss ball. Hoping I can manage with all of that!
  • IliN82
    IliN82 Posts: 108
    Options

I use a resistance band. I have a few at different resistances. I tie it around the top of my squat rack and pull down like I would with a lat bar. I do the same for rows, but obviously wrap the band around a different spot to simulate the pull.

Great idea, will pass the info on. Thanks!
  • chocolatecroissant
    chocolatecroissant Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Great idea about the lat pulldown alternative - I work out at home and at the gym. So sometimes I have all the right equipment (although I prefer my home weights as the gym ones are poorly labelled and in demand!) but have to be creative at times. I am lucky that my other half has a squat rack - I'm just a bit scared of it!
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Great idea about the lat pulldown alternative - I work out at home and at the gym. So sometimes I have all the right equipment (although I prefer my home weights as the gym ones are poorly labelled and in demand!) but have to be creative at times. I am lucky that my other half has a squat rack - I'm just a bit scared of it!

Don't be afraid of the squat rack! I know it's a little intimidating at 1st but it really isn't so bad. You'll feel pretty bad *kitten* once you start using it. Just start with the bar 1st to get to know your balance and make sure form is correct then you will be ready to pile on the weights. :)
  • evedroid
    evedroid Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    just started and im doing it at home too with dumbbels, a barbell (not an olympic one, tiny bit shorter), exercise ball and squat rack. next purchase shall be the bench. whoot.
    i can up the weights on the barbell to 50kg (110lbs) max, i do hope it will last at least until the middle of stage 2 so ill be able to afford to purchase more :)

edit: laptop stand/hard wood coffee table type thing is perfect for step ups, and dinner table is for 45-degree push ups. we gotta work with what weve got, right?! ;)
  • CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Bump. I just ordered the book from Amazon