Options
    Hi Everyone my aims for this 50 day challenge is to:
    1. Eat / drink properly
    2. Exercise regularly
    3. Have some fun
  • clarebigbelly
    clarebigbelly Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I want to lose at least a stone (14 pounds).
    I want to eat healthily with a very low carb approach as my hubby has type 1 diabetes and can't eat more than 25g pr day.
    I want to exercise for 20 minutes everyday either at the gym or doing 30 day shred.
    I want to go down a size - so sick of wearing black fat clothes!

Xx
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    My goals are:

To lose 7lbs minimum but try for 10lbs
    To increase my exercise
    To walk my dog more
    To drink more water
    I feel I eat fairly healthy, but want to find more alternative healthy foods I haven't yet tried.
  • Runs4Pasta
    Runs4Pasta Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good question - what are my goals? It is important that goals are small and attainable. After 30 days or so it becomes a habit. So here goes:

1. No alcohol for the month of January. I might average one drink per day but I'm curious to see if I notice a difference abstaining altogether. Re-evaluate in February.

2. Move my body daily for a minimum of 20 minutes. Just do something. Except perhaps 9 Jan as I will have surgery.

3. Lose 5 lbs

4. More veggies. More cooking. Soft goal so not establishing set parameters.

Good luck and have fun!
  • fergie2812
    Options
    hi
    I aiming to take it one day at a time and not fail yet again. going to start back at the gym with a bit more gusto too!
  • lilyfinn
    Options
    Hi fellow challengers

I'd like to lose fourteen pounds and drop a dress size. I've got a beautiful embroidered jacket which is just too small so in 50 days time I hope I can wear it.

My exercise goal is to get to the gym for an hour every morning before work.

Good luck everyone.

Nina
  • Denise1224
    Denise1224 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My name is Denise I just turned 43 I currently weigh 150 and I'm 5'0" My goal weight is 125 and in the next 50 days I'd like to at least lose 10-15 lbs.

This is my first 50 day challenge and I'm excited to start!!

Looking forward to getting to know all of you! Thanks for the invite!!
  • lindseynyfarmer
    Options
    My goals:

1.) lose 15 lbs
    2.)Log everyday....even on the weekends!
    3.) complete 30 day shred(not 1 day out of 30 day shred)
    4.)lift weights 2x a week!
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    -I would like consistency most of all; especially with going to the gym 12 times a month so I can get reimbursed through my health plan.

-I would like to continue w/ my strength training plan my trainer prepared for me.

-I would like to have my meals better planned out.

-I would like to lose 10 pounds
  • tiffens
    tiffens Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else I want to get back into my exercise routine. I need to be training to for a half-marathon. I also want to lose 5 lbs in the next 50 days.
  • conqueror
    conqueror Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would like to get back to consistency as well. I have been off focus for some time now and the holidays have not helped. My first mini goal is to loose the 15lbs I've gained since July.
  • mndtowka
    Options
    I would like to lose some of this weight, but I want to just learn to be happy with day to day numbers of calories, in and out. Then learn how to manage it when the weight is off. One day at a time I say.
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I would like to work on my legs. I have the LL cool j diease juggling baby legs. I'm moving towards strength training 4 days a week with Hitt 2 days a week.
  • audan
    audan Posts: 2
    Options
    I've already started as of 12/03/12 with some goals but I haven't lose that much weight! About 3-5 pounds. I didnt find out about runtastic until last week. These are my goals:

1) Sleep by 10pm and get 7 hours of sleep (I've engrained this weel since 12/3)
    2) Up by 5am - take care of dogs... 1/2 cup of greek yogurt and oats
    3) Gym by 530 for a 30 minute workout
    4) Get to work by 7am!
    5) Hopefully a 30 minute jog or session on elliptical after work around 430-530 at least 2x a week or walk the dogs 2 miles
    6) No Soda or Fries (Ive cut down from a few times a week down to 1.... I'd like it to be more like .5 )
    7) Less beer (again down to may be 1 per week)
    8) A lot more water
    9) Keep using Runtastic push up, squats and pull up apps.

Even though I've been doing most these things.. I haven't seen a huge loss but then again I only weigh 145. In college I was 125, I'd like to get back to that weight and fitness level.

Hopefully during his 50 day challenge, I can lose more but I'm shooting to keep the routine and change my lifestyle forever. I'm sure the weight loss will come eventually.

I think I have to focus more on my diet...
  • novarugger10
    novarugger10 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    For the Next 50, my goals are:

-Lose 10-15lbs of fat, while gaining muscle and tone (my ideal weight is between 125-130. Currently hovering between 136-140)
    -Add more cardio to my workouts, especially running/sprinting to get ready for rugby season
    -Start working out in the mornings
    -Eat more veggies
    -Cook more, eat out less & control portion size
    -Stretch more!
  • improvninja
    improvninja Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My goals:

Consistent morning workout.
    Consistent evening workout
    Planning and preparing my meals each night for the next day
    learn the ways to help others who also battle weight loss
    Run the Chicago Marathon again
    find more friends on MFP that encourage and help aide in my healthy education
    and finally...lose weight. This year...60lbs at least.
  • in4profit
    Options
    Thanks for pulling this together and getting us focused on the new year. I am looking to:

- Get back into my old gym routine of 4 days a week
    - Slow down the food intake
    - Make healthier food choices when I am traveling for work
    - Get to know others and give/receive motivation

Cheers!
  • poptart2012
    poptart2012 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge is to stop making excuses. I know it is gonna be sore the first couple times. If I can just get past that I will be laughing. 50 days with no excuses. That is my goal. Too many years of starting and stopping.
  • Pattyisgr8
    Pattyisgr8 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am here for constant motivation! I would like to loose 2lbs a week, so in 50 days I'll loose 15lbs. I am starting my cardio back in now, just because my body is begging for it, but I want to maintain it for the 50 days. Also, I want to plan and shop for my meals weekly so I don't find excuses to order take out!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Hello, All!!! Love the enthusiasm and it's contagious! My 50 day goals include:

- Lose 12 pounds (but I'll take more!).
    - Hit the gym at least 3 days a week.
    - Log 10,000 steps at least 5 days a week.
    - Shed my inner sloth and return to my previous schedule of success: Out of bed by 6 AM. (This should also help me with an insomnia goal)
    - Meal plan and make dinner no less than 6 days a week

Looking forward to the new friends and support... both to getting and giving!