LEVEL 1

Options
so heres where we can talk about level one for anyone whos wanting to start earlier..im thinking about starting tomorrow :)

let me know what yall think

Replies

• ficblob
    ficblob Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'll start earlier.. However, not tomorrow. Lots of boxing day shopping is to be had. But I will on thursday for sure!!
    I know you mentioned you have done this before. What exercise do you find the most difficult. I can't do any of the ones where you raise the dumbbells to eye height (if that makes sense).
  • princess0jessica
    princess0jessica Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I also found those hard! i think its a side lunge with arm raise...it kills my shoulders! the first few days i hate the jumping jacks and jump rope but after about 3-4 days i dont mind them at all
  • ficblob
    Options
    How would you modify the lunge with raise I can do the lunge no problem but I feel like I'm failing if I don't do the raise.
  • klp63
    klp63 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would love to start on the first, but if you want to do it earlier, then fine lol. It's good to get a head start on new years lol
  • ficblob
    Options
    I think if you are happy starting early, thats great. But if you want to wait until the first that is totally fine.
  • Shadowfax44
    Shadowfax44 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I only started it yesterday and am really out of shape for me right now. I find the butt kicks the hardest. Not so much the movement but it's hard for me to get off the ground after all the other work before them! I do modified ones right now, where I always have one foot on the ground rather than jumping. Hopefully within a week I'll be able to do them right!

Level 1 is tough - can't imagine what Level 3 will be like!
  • princess0jessica
    Options
    How would you modify the lunge with raise I can do the lunge no problem but I feel like I'm failing if I don't do the raise.

if u can do the lunge with out any problems then i would try to do the raises with out the weights first then after its easier add the weights
  • alyssam6
    alyssam6 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Im starting level 1 in about 10 min! Anyone have any idea how many calories it will burn? Or at least a rough estimate?
  • ficblob
    Options

if u can do the lunge with out any problems then i would try to do the raises with out the weights first then after its easier add the weights

Thanks!! I will definitely try that.
  • lfcartz
    Options
    Hi all! Glad I found this group! I just started completed Level 1 today. I definitely want to do a full cycle, never have for as long as I've owned these. I'm going to keep on going though and hopefully I'll have seen a change in body composition come the end of January.

I'm 5 ft 2-1/2, 145 lbs right now (ugh), most I've ever weighed aside from pregnancy. I'll be happy with getting down to 130. I'm just tired of looking fluffy and hating the way my clothes are fitting. Measurements are below.

Arms: 12"

Bust: 38"

Waist: 38"

Hips: 39.5

Thigh: 21.5"

Calf: 13.5"

Tomorrow I'll do Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. See you then!
  • lfcartz
    Options
    Im starting level 1 in about 10 min! Anyone have any idea how many calories it will burn? Or at least a rough estimate?

For level 1 I burned 143 calories. On level 2 I've burned about 250 calories. Have never made it to Level 3 yet.
  • alyssam6
    Options
    Thanks! Last time I attempted I only made it through 3 days, so this time I intend to go a lot further!
  • alyssam6
    Options
    I thought the butt kicks were the hardest too! I know I was far from reaching my butt! My favorite was definitely the punching! I did day 1 right after day 1 of the C25K, so it was already kicking my butt without those added butt kicks!

I only started it yesterday and am really out of shape for me right now. I find the butt kicks the hardest. Not so much the movement but it's hard for me to get off the ground after all the other work before them! I do modified ones right now, where I always have one foot on the ground rather than jumping. Hopefully within a week I'll be able to do them right!

Level 1 is tough - can't imagine what Level 3 will be like!
  • klp63
    klp63 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i'm starting level one tomorrow and i'm a bit scared lol
  • ficblob
    Options
    I'm starting level 1 tomorrow as well. As long as I can drag myself out of bed at 6:30 a.m.
  • ChaiSpyce
    Options
    Greetings to all! I finished day 3 earlier this A.M. I need to invest in a good sports bra. Jumping jacks and boobs are a bad combination :smile:
    Day 3 was a lot easier than day 1. I was a little sore and stiff after day 1, but day 2 helped to ease it away. I like the w/o, it's intense, but short enough to make it through.

What's your preferred w/o time? Since I'm off this week, I'm doing mine at 5:30 AM. When I go back to work, I will have to move that up to 4:15 AM or switch to an evening w/o.
  • lfcartz
    Options
    Greetings to all! I finished day 3 earlier this A.M. I need to invest in a good sports bra. Jumping jacks and boobs are a bad combination :smile:
    Day 3 was a lot easier than day 1. I was a little sore and stiff after day 1, but day 2 helped to ease it away. I like the w/o, it's intense, but short enough to make it through.

What's your preferred w/o time? Since I'm off this week, I'm doing mine at 5:30 AM. When I go back to work, I will have to move that up to 4:15 AM or switch to an evening w/o.

I always try to get up and work out but usually it never happens and I end up doing it after work. I too need a good sports bra. My 7 year old had to comment how much my boobs were bouncing yesterday when I was working out! Out of the mouths of babes ...

Today I'll do Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I work at home on Wednesdays and Thursdays so I'll do it immediately after I sign off.
  • lfcartz
    Options
    Made it through 38 minutes of Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I had 1 and 1/2 circuits left to do, just couldn't finish. I'm shocked I did that much since it's been quite a while since I did this DVD. I burned 245 calories.
  • princess0jessica
    Options
    im getting ready to do level 1 day 2 and im sore..my butt cheeks are aching lol .. also..i perfer to workout in the late evening
  • ficblob
    Options
    I prefer to work out in the morning. If I don't do it first thing its very likely I won't do it at all. I couldn't complete my work out today. I got two thirds of the way through and starting getting light headed and nauseous so I stopped. But I did just finish a pm yoga. So I think that makes up for it. But this won't stop me from getting up tomorrow morning and doing my second day. Hope it goes better than today did.