Introduce Yourself!!

Options
Hey Everyone!! We're adding some new people for our next challenge!! Let's get to know each other! Tell us about yourself and tell us what your goals are! Welcome!!!

Replies

• JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    ELO!! I just joined right this second. I am 24 and am looking for new ways to challenge myself.
    My stats:
    24 yrs 5'3" 173lbs
    my goal weight is 130ish
    I am doing a combo of HIIT cardio and Lifting heavy.
    Looking forward to this groups challenges ;-)
  • twright513
    Options
    Sure, I'm Tom. I'm 39 years old and I am 13 lbs into loosing 50 lbs. My goal weight is 145 and I am 183 now.

I love biking, and I am adding weights to my workout each day.

Feel free to add me or write me to ask questions. I am a bit of a talker :)
  • oAshlio
    oAshlio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Ashli, I am a mother of a soon to be 3 year old girl and a stay at home mom.

I am 23 years old, going to be 24 this coming August and when I started I weighed in at 185 ponds at 5'3. I think I got here because I ate what my fiancee ate, and his body never changes-- hes the skinny, high metabolism, never gets fat type-- but I forgot to look at how it was affecting me too.

I am horrible at running so I have a stationary bike I do most of my cardio on, and I do yoga monday through friday. I have been watching what I eat-- not that I havent had some off days, but I have no one to blame that on but myself. I have been working on drinking more water, and my goal weight is to hit 135 lbs which was where I was before I got pregnant. Most of my weight is my own negligence though since I only gained 10lbs when pregnant.

I am horrible at keeping myself on track alone though, so I am so glad Crystal is my friend because she keeps me so motivated. Support is a big part of losing weight and I love giving support as much as getting it! I look forward to going on this adventure with you all!
  • flamedic
    flamedic Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm Kristin, 28 and looking to find friends and motivation while losing weight! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • 33April
    Options
    Hi guys! I am April. I am 43 years old and started out at 260 pounds and I am only 5'2"!! Since mid August I have lost 37.5 pounds and hoping to lose a total of 130 lbs. I work out with a trainer one day a week and go on my own another two days a week. Three days a week I work 14 hour days and that gives me one day of rest! Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend. I need all the motivation I can get and I log in every day.
  • LFlynnOC
    LFlynnOC Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for adding me. My name is Lisa. I'll be 49 in a few weeks and have been trying to lose 10-15 pounds for the past 17 years (ever since my last child was born; I gained 50lbs with him!).

I think of myself as an active person- love to walk, ride bikes, hike. I currently workout about 3-5 days/week (3 days using an eliptical; the other days lifting weights and/or walking). I think I need to up the intensity of my workouts and be more consistant.

My eating habits aren't bad (don't drink much soda) but I do have a sweet tooth and have no will power.

I think this group will be great because I feel all of you will be watching me so I better be on my best behavior! lol.
  • ShaunWV
    ShaunWV Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add!!

I'm Shaun, 33 years old and have a looong way to go. I hate letting people down, so I hope being in this group will help me maintain my motivation.
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm Jaime. 35 yrs old.

I'm going for 60 pounds (plus).

In this 50 day challenge I am looking to do the following:
    - 15 lbs GONE
    - 60 Miles Biked per week
    - 5 GYM Classes per week
    - 1000 Calories burned, 6 days a week
    - Cook 1 meal a week at home
    - Cut out ALL soda (I am not a soda drinker, maybe one a week)
    - Cut back my coffee intake (went from Venti to Grande, need to go to Tall to none at all)
    - MORE WATER

I need these things in this 50 day challenge to feel accomplished, not just to lose the 15 pounds in this 50 days, but to make better goals to even out my entire healthy-to-be lifestyle.
  • Shellycan
    Shellycan Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Shelly and I've been looking for just this type of a challenge. I'm 49, 5'9", weigh 198 currently, but my goal
    weight is 160ish. I belong to a gym and have tried a variety of exercise and training from CrossFit to TRX to Piloxing. I like variety.
    Exercise isn't really my problem.... more like putting down the fork! :wink: My goal during the next 50 days is to lose 15 pounds.
    I look forward to getting to know at least some of you (this is a growing by the minute group!), and supporting your along the way.

Smiles!
    Shelly
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Evy, 29 ( for another 19 days :( ), 25 lbs down into what is a lifestyle change for my husband and I. I swim every week, lift and I'm starting a Zumba class on Mondays in 2 weeks!
  • naticksdonna
    naticksdonna Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Donna and I am 62 years old. Egad!! After decades of yo-yo dieting I'm finally finding my groove. I've lost 55 lbs since March and am looking to lose up to 30 lbs. more depending on how far and how fast my face falls! I may have to stop before then but I will know when to call it a day. My goal is to steadily lose not matter how slow and to find a comfortable workout routine that fits my limitations (seriously screwed up legs). i'm excited to be in this group and look forward to all the motivation and the success for everyone.
  • bwalker0823
    bwalker0823 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Betsy busy mother of 3. I have been over weight my whole life and have always had a large bust. My stats are
    5' 4"-195.00 lbs. my goal weight is between 125-135. My goal is to be happy with my body, confident, and wear a bikini confidently. I have only wore a bikini one summer in my whole life and I still looked fat...lol and I was 16. I just want to be confident and feel good about myself, and not feel like I look as horrible as I do.
  • jlqt2000
    jlqt2000 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jillien! I am looking to lose my last 10-15 pounds and hoping this challenge helps me to do just that. I live in Texas and am in my last semester of college, graduating in May and going to Hawaii for graduation vacay with my husband. I would LOVE to be in a bikini feeling not a worry in the world! I am excited for this challenge and to meet new MFP friends!
  • batch75
    batch75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Misty. I lost 30 pounds at the beginning of 2012 (with this app and a consistent 5 am gym routine), then quit smoking and managed to put it ALL back on (plus some). My goal for the next 50 days is to lose 15 pounds, consistently make my 5am gym date and increase my energy. (I also went back to smoking after 4 months quit... shame on me, so quitting smoking is in my future in the next 50 days as well). I'm SUPER motivated and ready to get back in my healthy routine! My biggest challenge will be a family trip we have planned to New Orleans for Mardi Gras (which we do every year)... that trip always throws me off course with the cajun food and drinks.
  • LareishaH
    LareishaH Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am LaReisha, a 25 year old graduate student and full time worker (no children). A year and a half ago I lost about 35 pounds using myfitnesspal, but after moving to a new city and abandoning my routine I gained about 20 pounds back. I am back and in full force trying to reach my ultimate weight loss goal of around 45 pounds. Working out has never been my problem, but we all know that you can't outwork a poor diet. Unfortunately, I have made pretty poor fast food choices because of the convenience during the last year or so. I am hoping this group will assist me as I get back on track. I am hoping to lose 15-20 pounds during this challenge.
  • Barrettmomof3
    Barrettmomof3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I am Sarah, about to be 30, and have 3 kids (6,2, and 4mths). I am motivated to get back to me and my body, which right now is hiding under all the extra fluff I dont need anymore. I want to be a good role model for my kids, I have always battled being heavy and used my pregnancies as an excuse to let it go. NOT any more. Look forward to a great challenge. I'm looking forward to this challenge and am hoping to be down at least 15lbs by the end of the 50 days!!
  • Para40
    Para40 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Paula. Single parent of 3 kids and also grandma. Work with special needs children. Finally going to put myself first and get back in shape. Goal is 30 pounds but for this challenge 15 to start.
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Michelle and I am 35. I work full time, go to school full time and I am a single mother of a 5 year old. Yep my life is pretty busy. I have been a member of MFP for a while now and love using this site.

I am here to get re motivated and reconnect with my inner athlete. I love playing sports and with the weight I have put on it has become more of a challenge rather than fun!

In the next 50 days I am looking to lose 18lbs.

I am looking for the challenge and interacting with everyone!

Michelle
  • meechster20001
    meechster20001 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm Michelle, hidden behind the excuse of my type 1 diabetes for a while. Determined to lose weight and start a regular exercise programme...hovering somewhere round 210 and want to drop a good 50 pounds.
  • shaycg21
    Options
    Hello, I am 40 years old, need to lose 100+, mother of 3, self employed and home school. So even though I loved the accountability of WW's it seemed I could never fit it into my schedule. I am very excited to be part of a group that I will be accountable too. I have some MFP friends but when I go missing they do not notice.. haha

I have never done anything like this but I am ready to do my BEST!!