Introduce Yourself!!

Options

Replies

• chaNyn613
    chaNyn613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm Chanyn, 43, 5'1, 140 - looking to lose 18+ lbs of fat not muscle. I enjoy the weight side of the gym 2-3x week, Zumba 1x week and spin 2x week. My diet tends to be really good and then REALLY bad!!
    My goals:
    Clean up my diet- each week focus on one area of my diet: Week 1: revamp my breakfast routine, Week 2: adding extra veggies to my diet, etc
    Drink my water everyday!
    Have an official weigh-in day. Probably Thursday
    To lose 6 lbs during the challenge not including the holiday weight
    No alcohol for the month of January possibly until Valentine's Day
    Log onto MFP4x week- if I don't check in feel free to yell at me.
    Add 1 stretch class to my routine

Feel free to friend me I'm always looking for more fitness friends!
  • Rosytakesoff
    Options
    Hi, I'm Katie. My starting weight was 314. Now it's 185. I have 20 pounds to go. But this isn't just about weight loss; it's about a whole-life change. Watching what I eat, in what quantities, and hanging out with like-minded people is part of it.
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody. My name is oscar and im lookg to lose approx 15 in 50 days. I was able to meet the last challenge so i know imcan certainly accomplish this one. I play baseball in a local amatuer league and i will soon be gettg practices ready for the season. Everyone is more than welcome to add me as a friend.
  • ny2ks
    ny2ks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Deb and I am 56 years old. My goal is to lose 50-60 pounds by November so that I am back to a healthy weight. I was a track sprinter in college and unfortunately these old knees are paying the price for the pounding all those decades ago! Santa bought me a wonderful bicycle for Christmas and until it warms up a bit I will exercising indoors.
  • lymanlouis
    Options
    Lyman here, from Portland Oregon. I've maintained 228 for about 18 years but now, at nearly 52, it's getting harder to maintain. Started having joint pain, foot pain, etc ... basic issues with carrying too much weight. Started on MFP a few weeks ago then I hit a plateau right at x-mas time. I'm hoping the challenge will get me past the plateau and headed well onto my target of 207.

Let's do it!!
  • WildIrish81
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Rebecca. I'm 31, 5'7" and just hit the "reset" button. I struggled the last half of the year and gained all my weight back plus some. I'm currently at 230lbs and would like to be at 125lbs by this time next year. I'm going to use this challange to jump start my goal! I'm very exited to be here (this is my first challange). I'm hoping to lose 15lbs during our 50 days and can't wait to get started!!
  • krizaten
    krizaten Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I'm Kristen. Just finished a 90 day challenge and lost 10# over the course of it. 13# since mid Sept. The group really kept be on it and accountable, although I did have lots of ups and downs. Hoping to loose another 10#, get to a healthy weight... BMI<25. I also have a big trip coming up Feb 11th-March 2nd that i am preparing for, wanting to look good and feel good. I'm getting into the weight that I am not used to, in a good way! Still want my size 10's to fit. If i get under 170# for > 2 weeks, i get myself a new yoga mat, and < 165 for 2 weeks, I open "the box!" which has all my skinny clothes in it. Please send friend requests and we can help motivate each other.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Jen. I'm 32 (33 tomorrow!) 5'2" and currently at 128.5 lbs or ~25% body fat. I've lost 25 lbs so far since the end of May. In the next 50 days I plan on reaching my goal weight of 121 or my goal of ~20% body fat. I am shifting to a more lifting centric work out routine in January so I will be lifting 5-6x/week with cardio 3-4x/week mixed in. I will also be working to clean up my diet even more and striving to do 90% whole foods. I have found that I can do the weight loss thing relatively well (third times a charm, right!?!) so I am facing the more challenging (for me at least) maintenance in my near future. I'm working hard to make what I am doing a lifestyle change versus a change just to lose weight. I haven't been this weight in over 10 years and I don't ever want to see the 150's again.
  • Jim1960
    Jim1960 Posts: 194
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I'm Jim, 52, married 25 years this January, father of 3 boys (21, 18, 14 - they're currently my profile picture).

SW: 400
    CW: 374
    GW: 230
    UGW: No earthly idea. I'll reevaluate when I hit 230 and hold there for a bit.

I've been carrying alot of extra weight most of my adult life; particularly the last 15 years; and my body has paid a price. Currently I've been losing weight purely with diet. I don't exercise at all. In fact, I don't plan to do any cardio exercising for a while yet because of the condition of my joints. However, with this challenge I'm planning to start with some basic strength exercises I can do at home. Going to a gym probably won't work for me because of the time challenges. If I can't do it at home, I'm afraid it won't get done. At some point I think I'm going to put in a pool for my long term cardio. I hate running; always have - even when I was athletic. I was a swimmer - so that's what I'll go back to. I live in Florida so it can be a year round activity (pretty much - it's a bit cold out lately for swimming; but it's doable).
  • Xineoph
    Xineoph Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Michael, I am 67 and need to lose about 20 pounds. Not a big goal but I have managed to kid myself for several years that I'm getting on with it. So . . . it's high time that I did. i'mstill finding my way around MFP but I already feel quite motivated just by reading other peoples' stories. Looking forward to getting to know everyone better as the challenge gets underway.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I'm new on this challenge.
    I am 56yrs old
    My SW was 181lbs which is my heaviest ever
    Now 172 lbs having lost 9 lbs at roughly 1lb a week
    My goal is initially 150lbs but will make decision when there about further reduction.

I've been eating very healthy meals for about 2 years as OH has severe heart disease, but I was adding chocs and biscuits and having given up my full time job to care for OH I just sat around and piled on the weight.
    My own health started to deteriorate with high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I need to get fit and healthy for my caring role, for myself and to keep up with the grandchildren.

ETA - I forget to say - I 'm Sandra
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I'm Jackie...I am 36 and just hit the year year mark on MFP yesterday. I like mixing up going to Planet Fitness with Zumba and the 30 day shred. I made some great progress in year one and would like to continue on that path. With Winter coming up here in Minnesota I look forward doing some winter activities like snowshoeing!
  • tiffens
    tiffens Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I"m Tiffany. I'm 27 and need to lost another 10 lbs. So far I've been miserable at myfitnesspal. I"m looking to change that this coming year!
  • OliveDouglas
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Jen and I'm 28. I'm looking to lose about 100lbs and have been struggling with this goal my whole life. Back in April, I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and had to have my thyroid removed and have radioactive iodine treatment. I had a long recovery, but I am now 100% cancer free!! This past November, I FINALLY got cleared to start working out again and I got engaged! My fiance and I are getting married 10/5/14 and I'd love to hit my goal before then :-) All help, advice and motivation is welcome...Add me! I'm looking forward to this challenge!!! I'm already down 12lbs :-)
  • novarugger10
    novarugger10 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Cat. I'm 22 years old, 5'4", 138lbs, and an avid rugby player. My dad introduced me to MFP a few months ago but I haven't really gotten into it until now that I put back on the 8 lbs I had lost over the summer :-/ My current goal is to lose 10-15lbs over the next 50 days while getting in shape for the spring rugby season. Looking forward to facing this challenge with you all!
  • stanluoser
    Options
    I'm Stan, 23 5'8 1/2 I weigh 183 currently. Looking to drop to 170 or 165 while retaining my muscle mass. Hopefully able to do that within 50 days!
  • Sweatinglikeapigtolooklikeafox
    Options
    Hiya!!

Im new to this :)
    Stats are 24year old 5'4 height and 105kg so far.

Need the motivation to keep going as I lose some weight but then stop training
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hey all :) I'm 24 and want to really start working on toning up which will require lifting and very good eating. I also have a goal to run a half marathon in February.
  • tanjoeroberts
    Options
    I'm Tanya, a 31 year old trying to lose the 20 lbs. gained in the past 5 years. I am competitive, so I'm hoping this group will keep me focused on my goal!
  • floridapanthergirl
    Options
    Wow! Cool group! I am 5'9" and weigh 225lbs. I started at 252 a few years ago and went into maintenance far too early. My goal is about 160. I learned how to track with WW and it worked for me. The rest of WW did not. I am soooo glad to be here. I would like to friend folks in my age group, or at my height, or really anyone else. Friends seem to sort themselves out, so if we seem like a match, please friend me. Fifty days is 7 weeks. I would like to be at least 7 pounds less from my starting weight and to have exercised an average of 200 minutes a week. Exercise is a big one for me, trying to get back in the groove. I am here daily, and am usually pretty upbeat. I am free from health issues (yeah!) other than my weight and want to stay that way. Both of my parents were dead by my age (63) because they did not take care of themselves, part of that generation, I think. I am strong and energetic and want to continue to do all the things I enjoy for as long as I can. Excited to get started.