Phase 1 - Workout 1

Options
13»

Replies

• a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Finished this one for the third time today. I bumped up the weights to 5s and 8s and did quite well. I also adjusted the pushups to do them in regular position on an incline instead of the "girlie" ones because I think that will get me to real pushups faster. I did much better on the bicycles, although I did have to stop and do upper only for a few seconds.

I'm finding that I am able to go much lower on the squats than I thought I could and I just need to suck it up and push myself to do more than I think I can if I want to get results. Since I have this mud run coming up, I have GOT to get stronger and I can already feel it starting to happen. Yay!

Brilliant progress in all areas! You will be seeing some amazzzing changes soon, i'm sure!!
    ps i use similar weights to you - 8.8lbs (4kgs) and 5.5lbs (2.5kgs) - and i find that they really "make" the workout.
  • carolina822
    carolina822 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Dawn, you are such an awesome cheerleader! It is much appreciated. :)

This one's in the books for me. I had to take an unexpected off day so I'm planning to do workout 2 later today so I can start fresh with the next round on Monday.
  • Roboartist
    Options
    I was able to do those quad stretches at the end without losing my balance today! Woohoo go JMBR buddies! I am sweating like a pig...so glad my husband went in to the office today lol
  • lolaluv4
    lolaluv4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I know im a bit behind everyone but phase one workout one day one complete and it was fun! Not too hard but i liked that i could feel each muscle i was working great motivation!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    I know im a bit behind everyone but phase one workout one day one complete and it was fun! Not too hard but i liked that i could feel each muscle i was working great motivation!

we seem to get new members daily so it doesn't matter what stage you are at, you will always find someone who relates to how your feeling! We're on this journey together! Welcome to BR!
  • umimar
    umimar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Phase 1, Workout 1, Day one done (plus cardio) back to back because I am not a full human being in the morning, so I can only do it after workout 1. The weight training part seem to be reasonable (and by reasonable I mean challenging but somehow doable). The cardio... there were parts I was like, "are you nuts?" i.e. running man or the last one in which she trips and falls... but I am glad I did it :) 1 down, 89 to go ;)
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options

This one's in the books for me. I had to take an unexpected off day so I'm planning to do workout 2 later today so I can start fresh with the next round on Monday.

Yes she is...a most awesome person! How did WO 2 go?
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I know that I am a bit behind, but I finally received my DVD's yesterday and did workout 1 & 2 last night and this morning (respectively)
  • a_new_dawn
    Options

Yes she is...a most awesome person! How did WO 2 go?

:blushing:
  • lesleyworth
    lesleyworth Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Day 1 for me today! Going to do my measurements and some pics, and then it's time to let Jillian kick me in the teeth...a well intentioned kick of course, but still a kick!! :happy:
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Day 1 for me today! Going to do my measurements and some pics, and then it's time to let Jillian kick me in the teeth...a well intentioned kick of course, but still a kick!! :happy:

LOL You already know how Jillian works then?! Hope she went easy on you on your first day!!!
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Completed phase 1 workout 1 this morning and cardio 1 this afternoon. Loved both workouts today!
  • EasyKeeper8
    EasyKeeper8 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just getting started, Workout one is done! Coming off of 30 Day Shred, I thought it was pretty easy. Famous last words, I know it...:)
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Woo hoo - back for my second round of JMBR and am excited! I've been away from Jillian for only 3 weeks and already this workout was waaaay harder than it ever was before. Feels so good to be back! Anyone else just starting?