Welcome + Please introduce yourself!

Options
Hi, and welcome to my group! I just want to say a few things then I will introduce myself! I will be sharing websites and fitness videos with you to help with our weight loss. We are going to be stuck wih each other for 6 months so let's hope it's for better than worst. Haha! I will do mini challenges but if you are unable to do it or work is in the way, ect. Don't worry! It's just for fun and motivation. Weigh-ins will be on Saturdays but it doesn't matter if you don't know your weight today! This is our 2013, lets hope it is memorable for the best! :) the only one thing I ask is that you put effort into this, and get the results you want! I will be here to support you on those bad days because tomorrow's another day!

Right this will properly start 1st Jan but lets get to know each other first.

I'm Chloe, I am 170.2lbs and 5' 1". I want to lose at least 20lbs. I also want to lose weight to help with my career in the future and live a better life style. I want to thank you in helping me make his group!

Replies

• brookew1234
    brookew1234 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! I am 18 years old. In 9th grade my highest weight was 210. At that point i had no control and i felt so depressed. I wanted to lose weight before i went to high school! I lost 25 pounds. Now I am a freshman in college and I am still the same weight. I lost weight last summer and was 170 but i gained it back from the freshman 15! I really want to lose weight not just for looks but for my health. I went to the doctors and they say i have a heart murmur and back issues. My weight right now is 186 and i am 5'9. Hope we can all motivate each other to our goals. I really want to wear a bikini and look good in it!! Feel free to add me, i always comment on status and updates!
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Hi ladies!! I am 18 years old. In 9th grade my highest weight was 210. At that point i had no control and i felt so depressed. I wanted to lose weight before i went to high school! I lost 25 pounds. Now I am a freshman in college and I am still the same weight. I lost weight last summer and was 170 but i gained it back from the freshman 15! I really want to lose weight not just for looks but for my health. I went to the doctors and they say i have a heart murmur and back issues. My weight right now is 186 and i am 5'9. Hope we can all motivate each other to our goals. I really want to wear a bikini and look good in it!! Feel free to add me, i always comment on status and updates!

Hope we can help you! I will enjoy speaking to you all to help us lose weight! :)
  • plaingirly
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jenny. I am 26, 5'2" and started here at the end of November at 184.

Currently 173.2!

I have been over weight all my adult life and have tried all sorts of fad diets. This time I am trying to do it properly - the healthy way that is sustainable for life.

I set my goal as 126 but am aiming for somewhere between 126 and 112. Not sure until I get there!

I am so motivated at the moment - this time it feels possible! x
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jenny. I am 26, 5'2" and started here at the end of November at 184.

Currently 173.2!

I have been over weight all my adult life and have tried all sorts of fad diets. This time I am trying to do it properly - the healthy way that is sustainable for life.

I set my goal as 126 but am aiming for somewhere between 126 and 112. Not sure until I get there!

I am so motivated at the moment - this time it feels possible! x

We have a few things in common lol. I want to get around that mark aswe! Good luck to us all!
  • princesssandie01
    Options
    hi Im Sandie, long story short, 279 gastric bypass 140 for the last 7 yerars, double knee replacement 2011 and all the sudden I'm 159 wow. How did 19 pounds creep up? Anyway I am pretty new here, MFP has really helped me see where Im packing on the fat/calories. Worked out every day since 12/26 hehehe I know but its a start. I want the bikini....
  • Aweriah
    Options
    I'm 18 and currently weigh around 137 pounds, want to lose at least 15 before the summer. I do admit that I've had a problem with binge eating which I thought was some sort of sugar addiction, so I'm looking for non-judges and support. I don't believe you have to have perfect self control to lose weight, the first few days are hard, but no matter how many slipups, you can reach your goal if you put your mind to it, and with the right kind of support. My friends call me Ivy.
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    hi Im Sandie, long story short, 279 gastric bypass 140 for the last 7 yerars, double knee replacement 2011 and all the sudden I'm 159 wow. How did 19 pounds creep up? Anyway I am pretty new here, MFP has really helped me see where Im packing on the fat/calories. Worked out every day since 12/26 hehehe I know but its a start. I want the bikini....

I understand, I am totally the same exept from the surgery! I hope I can help! X
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    I'm 18 and currently weigh around 137 pounds, want to lose at least 15 before the summer. I do admit that I've had a problem with binge eating which I thought was some sort of sugar addiction, so I'm looking for non-judges and support. I don't believe you have to have perfect self control to lose weight, the first few days are hard, but no matter how many slipups, you can reach your goal if you put your mind to it, and with the right kind of support. My friends call me Ivy.

Hi, I agree with what you are saying and I will try and help you out! X
  • Zenyehtta
    Zenyehtta Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am Laura (:

I am 20 years old, 5'3 and this morning I weighed in at 136.6 pounds. My goal weight right now is actually 120 pounds but I don't know what I'll look best at so we'll see when that comes. (I figure that has to be close though lol)
    Right now I don't really exercise though I do eat my calories or very close. (A little over, a little under, it doesn't hurt) I actually hope to be at my goal weigh by the end of April which is about a pound a week I need to lose. Blah, enough about me, good luck to everyone!

Edit: Which btw, I don't ever not exercise and am taking gym classes this semester! Sorry, I made it sound like I sit and do nothing all day ha ha
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hey kids :)

I'm Lorraine, I'm 30 years old and 5'6". Last time I checked the scale I was 200-dead but over Christmas I maaaay have added a couple of pounds back ;)

I'm looking to be 140lbs (10 stone here in the UK) for my first goal. After that I'll re-evaluate and see if strength training could make me look slimmer if not necessarily helping me lose weight. I'm not so fussed about the number on the scale as I am getting into smaller clothes :)

I'm still trying to figure out my TDEE and all that stuff, it's confusing to me so I'm experimenting with different numbers and currently trying to find my groove. I'll probably take longer than the summer to lose the weight but if I can get half way by then I'll be laughing.

LET'S GO!
  • awkwardpear
    awkwardpear Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm Pear. I'm 18 and a college student, and for a while in high school I was very health-conscious, but my super long commute (and much more difficult classes D:) beat that out of me. I'm hoping to get back into the habit of exercising regularly (starting with a challenge to exercise for at least 20 minutes every day for a month, then we'll take it from there; I love challenges) and eating healthier, no matter how busy I get with school and other responsibilities. I'm 5'5", and the last time I weighed myself, I was 136 pounds, and that was only a few days ago so I should be the same. I don't have a whole lot of muscle, so at this rate I think I'll look my best at around 110-115, but if I build a lot of muscle, probably more around 120. I don't care as much about the actual number as I do about looking good!
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm a stay at home, homeschooling mom of three. My youngest just turned a year old :D. I am 4 11 and before my first child was born I weighed 209. Of course I lost a bunch after I had her BUT gained all but 9 lbs back. Year and half later got pregnant again but this time I lost around 30 lbs being pregnant. Once he was born life through us curveballs and I ended up gaining it all back. 2 and half years later I said enough and lost 50 lbs in 5 months. I felt amazing and even though it wasn't goal weight by any means, I loved it. Well That was when I decided to add another little one to our crazy house. gained it ALL back being pregnant. Lost a bunch and gained some after he was born. Im sitting at 40 of those 50 lbs gained and feeling pretty bummed. I know what to do but I just can't get the motivation. It also doesn't help that my youngest has always been a very high needs little man and still is but not as bad. I NEED to get this weight off and I need to feel better about what I look like before summer when the I can't hide behind my jacket or hoodie. I may not have the time or energy just yet to exercise but I need to get ahold of my eating. I know that once I do that it will come off easily. So here I stand at 190 lbs. I would love to be atleast 150 again by summer. No more excuses for 2013!
  • kermy1
    Options
    Hi everyone. Great idea for a group. I've been on a roller coaster for a long time! I really want to fit into my cute skirts and dresses again by next summer. I need to lose about 20 more lbs. If anyone wants to be accountability buddies on the app itself, my username is kermy1. I log in everyday to at least record exercise and my food log I am keeping again starting yesterday. Lets be healthy and fit!
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I log in every day too - feel free to add me!

Really want to get to goal this year. 2013 = healthy choices and happier lives! x
  • mahona123
    mahona123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm Terry.I am 49 and weigh about 157 and am 5'7". This menopause has got a hold of me and the pounds are stacking up! I would love to get 20lbs gone by summer. I hope yall will keep me accountable. I am going to a party in a few minutes and hope I don't go crazy "grazing" the food table. I'll look foeward to checking back in with a weigh in next Saturday.
    See ya-
  • Speckled_Hen
    Options
    Hi all. I'm Bex and am 25. I weigh 188lbs and am 5ft7. I put on so much weight with my first child (around 3 stone) and never lost it. I have since had my second child and most likely the last.

I love walking and exercising but find I still manage to come up with some excuse not to workout. Children seem to get in the way. 2013 I have 3 weddings to go too and would love to look my best for once in the photos.

Sorry not very good at the whole introducing myself bit. x
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Dawn. I'm 35 and live in England. I was overweight as a teenager but lost loads of weight at university and got down to a UK size 10/12 (I'm 5'6") by exercising and not eating enough basically. I weighed 147lbs at my lightest.

I put on weight again when I did my teacher training (very stressful year!) and then lost loads for my wedding in 2008. I got pregnant a month after my wedding and put on probably 3 stone, lost it all, got pregnant again when my son was 1, put on loads in that pregnancy. Anyway, my daughter is now 19 months old and I'm 164lbs (I was around 220lbs when I started exercising when my daughter was 8 weeks old). I can fit into a lot of my old clothes from when I was 24/25, so I am mainly a UK 12 (US 8) now.

My aim is to get to 150lbs and to tone up.

I have a personal trainer and do 1 or 2 sessions a week, go to the gym on my own, and do aerobics, spinning and zumba.

I'd really like to be able to wear a bikini on the beach this Summer!
  • KathieG2013
    KathieG2013 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kathrin, I am 35 and I am a German girl living in Ireland the last 15 years. I got 2 boys (1 just turned 13, the other will be 11 in January)
    I only found MFP yesterday but truly enjoy it here. 2013 is the year I don't want to hide in baggy cloth during the summer. I got a wardrobe full of nice cloth what I cant wear as they don't fit me anymore. My goal is to fit back into them again this summer.
    I am 5ft6 and my current weight is 156 lbs. I want to get down to 138 lbs and tone up.
  • azrrt76
    azrrt76 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Amber and weight has been an issue as long as I can remember and so has been yo-yo dieting. I'm 36 y/o and 5' 4.5". My highest non-pregnant weight was 194. My average weight was always around 172....that was my only maintainable weight. In March of 2010 I discovered WWs and went from 182 to 152 by December 2010. That was when they changed up their program and I stopped losing weight. I basically plateued. I never exercised, I lost all of it with a deficit. I then quit paying for WWs and I managed to maintain up and down 5 pounds with including exercise until this summer when I went on vacation and never got back on track and the scale peaked out at 166. I rejoined WWs on my Bday..9/17 and got back down to 153. This time I started up with exercise and got a bit obsessed. That is when I found MFP and decided to track WWs and MFP. I then discovered that eating back my exercise calories is a good thing and I am still losing weight while eating more than I felt comfortable eating on WWs. I quit WWs and have been strictly doing MFP and Insanity as my exercise and am down to 149. I haven't seen the 140's since Jr High school!

I'm happy to be part of a group smaller than the whole MFP community. I enjoy reading the forums, but haven't yet felt comfortable posting anything until here.
  • geesatj1
    geesatj1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Tracy and I am 39 years old. I have 3 wonderful boys and an amazing, supportive husband. I teach 3 year olds 5 days a week, teach voice/piano lessons 3 days a week and sing in a local choral group. Not to mention all the school/sporting events that I find myself at! :) I am 5'5 152lbs and I would like to lose 30lbs. I want to be a healthier person, but I let my busy life get in the way of making good food choices all the time. I have been using MFP off and on, but am back on again. I am hoping that having this support group will help me stay on track.
    Tracy