Welcome + Please introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• deslanact
    Options
    Hello! My name is Desiree, I'm almost 25 years old, 5'6' and 140lbs. I was a model, dancer and actress, and want to keep doing these things, but feel so uncomfortable and unconfident in my body. I am hoping to get back down to 118-120lbs and toned. I hate exercise and my diet (before today) consisted of cheese, sugar, and Starbucks. So I really, REALLY need motivation and accountability. Looking forward to getting back to my old self this year!
  • vanzeem
    vanzeem Posts: 107
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Mandi. I'm was able to become a stay at home mom in June/July after working as an office manager for 7.5 years! I'm 5'7'' and currently 182lbs. i would really like to be around 140, but i'd be okay with 150. I've been on MFP for a while, but never stick with it. I'm really hoping this is what i need to keep motivated. :)
  • AngelChini
    AngelChini Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I am Angelaca and I am 18 years of age. I have started this weight loss journey in June 2012 and have been on it since. My height is 5'9 and I used to weigh 140 pounds, which is a pretty good height but I didn't have that beach body. I joined the gym and asked them to help me out and they told me to loose weight, and so I lost about 10 pounds but I gained it back from eating at wrong times. *facepalm!!* I have just recently been told that I shouldnt be loosing weight and that I need to gain muscles so now I do a lot of ab workouts from Jillian Michaels! I really want to have a bikini body by summer and be able to confidently go out without being told I am fat! I also loveeeeeeeeee motivating people, I am sometimes really perky, but not the annoying kind ahaha. I will do my best to motivate you guys and give healthy tips!(:
  • organizedmomma
    organizedmomma Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I'm Lora. I'm 32 and a married mother of an amazing 2 year old. Working full time and keeping up with the house leaves me minimal time for myself. Hoping 2013 is my year!!
  • silverseal
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Silvia and I'm 26 years old from San Diego, CA. I've always struggled with my weight ever since I was young, I've always tried the fad diets and what not but I never really succeeded and the weight just kept adding up. I think as of now I'm currently at 182 and I'm 5'3". My goal is to be between 130-140lbs. I'm excited for 2013 and I know we can all succeed to be ready for summer, so let's do this!
  • JesiDM
    JesiDM Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm Jesi. I'm 5'2 and I weigh 216. I would really love to get to 185 or even 175 ((with a lot of hard work) by June 28th (my 21st birthday!!)
  • cmdoiy
    cmdoiy Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Caroline. I'm hoping that in 2013 I can develop healthy eating and exercise habits. I would love to be off my high blood pressure medication. I would also like to minimize my chances of developing Type 2 diabetes, which runs in my family. I would like to get rid of my knee and foot problems by being lighter. I would love to be able to wear nice clothes that I feel good in.

It feels like I've spent my life (since the age of 12) obsessing over my weight and wanting to be thin. My weight is something that's always held me back, and I think it's time to lose it for good.

I'm glad I've found this community on MFP. I wish all of us success in achieving our goals :)

-Caroline
  • suzzee2000
    suzzee2000 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Suzanne. I am 57 yrs old weighing in at 215 and 5'6"....I have been battling this weight for years. I had a great handle on it then slipped back into the old habits. I have alot of problems with my knees and back due to an old injury from a fall but I know a lot of it can be relieved with losing this weight and getting back to daily exercising. I've been dieting off and on but it's time to buckle down, stay on it and just do it! I will try to encourage all of you as I sure need it for myself as well. I have custody of my nieces and nephews 3yrs,5, 7 & 8. I not only need to get myself in check and be healthy to raise them without being in a wheelchair.... but I also really want to...so count me in please.... thanks!
  • Lindseyj66
    Lindseyj66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lindsey, I'm 18, 5'1, just weighed myself a while ago and I'm at 172. I just joined earlier this week because I stumbled across the app, anyway, I set my goal at 120 but I figured as I lose weight I can adjust it to fit how I look when I lose more weight. I'm a senior in high school still and have a part time job so I don't always have a lot of time for exercising but I've actually done the opposite of most people over the holiday lol and have exercised more (Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred). I'm supposed to go visit my grandma in Atlantic City, New Jersey (who basically lives on the boardwalk no less) in the summer so definitely need to get in better shape.
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Kylah

4 years ago I weighed 270lbs, I didn't realize I was that heavy until an ex-friend of mine took a picture of me at a function. I joined a gym and got down to 188lbs 2 years ago. Then I signed up on MFP and thought I was doing great and yes I was logging and I was exercising but I used exercise calories as an excuse to eat junk food or less than healthy choices. Today I am back to 208lbs.

I have a hard time losing scale wise, inches I lose a lot faster but I then get discouraged even though I'm losing inches and Fat. I feel like I'm a huge failure and then beat myself up.

The last couple of months I have lost friends that I thought were my BFF's but after finally finding my voice, i discovered they were leeches. I thought I was happy that I had a voice and I thought I was doing well in terms of cutting the junk out, but looking back at my food diary I have discovered it hit me harder than I thought. Plus BF lost his job and his hernia is bugging him so I have been footing the bill.

I have declared 2013 to be my year in everything, finances, happiness, and to finally get to my goal weight.

Sorry for the long intro.

CW: 208lbs
    GW: 135-140lbs
    GW 6 months from now 170-185.

Looking for challenges to keep on track with my goals.
  • plaingirly
    Options
    Lots of 5'1 to 5'3 people! Funny as most on the main forum seem to be tall! x
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Glad to see the group up and running :wink:

Im Jo, 25 years old, 5ft 8, married and on maternity leave from my job as a dental nurse.

I gained over 40lbs from my pregnancy (i have a 5 week old demanding daughter, lol) - managed to lose quite abit as standard but i still have 29lbs to lose to match my previous weight. My main exercise plan is to start off on treadmill and lose my 'weight', then tone up and finish off with Zumba. This worked well last time and hope i can achieve this again.

My weight as of today is 176lbs ---> I'll do my official weight on 1st Jan.

My goal weight is 147lbs (suitable for my height)

(Not sure if others have done it yet but its a great idea to take some 'before' pictures, i did mine today :smile: )
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Kelly. I have been a member of mfp for a few years but I have not stuck with it but I am determined to this time. I am reaching out this time for help because I know that is part of my problem. I have pretty much been around 170 since I have had my 2 girls, a little more for a short time and less for a while. I am much more comfortable around 150 so that is my goal. This time I will get there and maybe a little lower and maintain. Excited to have all the support and encouraging stories.

Great! I can't wait for 2013!
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    hi everyone :)
    I am Anna, i have been over weight since I was a little kid and now I am DETERMINED to lose it all! So atm im 16, 5'5 and 169 with a BMI of 28, I hope I could lose up to 140 in 6 months!!

Okay then! Can't wait to motivate and support you!
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    could we also have some weekly challenges to keep up the motivation? :D

Yeah that's part of my plan, I will set he first one up on the 1st of Jan :)
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Hi :) I'm Zoe, and I haven't weighed myself recently (I will do tomorrow and I fear it might be a little depressing...!) I am 5'6", and would love to be 110-115lbs. I don't really mind that much about weight, I just don't want to be fearing what I am eating, and I want to get stronger and healthier in time for summer. :) xxx

Hopefully we can help you! X
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Hello! My name is Desiree, I'm almost 25 years old, 5'6' and 140lbs. I was a model, dancer and actress, and want to keep doing these things, but feel so uncomfortable and unconfident in my body. I am hoping to get back down to 118-120lbs and toned. I hate exercise and my diet (before today) consisted of cheese, sugar, and Starbucks. So I really, REALLY need motivation and accountability. Looking forward to getting back to my old self this year!

We all will be here to support you! Xx
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Mandi. I'm was able to become a stay at home mom in June/July after working as an office manager for 7.5 years! I'm 5'7'' and currently 182lbs. i would really like to be around 140, but i'd be okay with 150. I've been on MFP for a while, but never stick with it. I'm really hoping this is what i need to keep motivated. :)

All of us will be here to support you! X
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I am Angelaca and I am 18 years of age. I have started this weight loss journey in June 2012 and have been on it since. My height is 5'9 and I used to weigh 140 pounds, which is a pretty good height but I didn't have that beach body. I joined the gym and asked them to help me out and they told me to loose weight, and so I lost about 10 pounds but I gained it back from eating at wrong times. *facepalm!!* I have just recently been told that I shouldnt be loosing weight and that I need to gain muscles so now I do a lot of ab workouts from Jillian Michaels! I really want to have a bikini body by summer and be able to confidently go out without being told I am fat! I also loveeeeeeeeee motivating people, I am sometimes really perky, but not the annoying kind ahaha. I will do my best to motivate you guys and give healthy tips!(:

Good to hear will be supporting you through the 6 months! X
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Hi all - I'm Lora. I'm 32 and a married mother of an amazing 2 year old. Working full time and keeping up with the house leaves me minimal time for myself. Hoping 2013 is my year!!

We will defiently help keep you motivated! X