Welcome + Please introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Erica. I am about 5 ft 2 and roughly 162 lbs. I am trying to get back down to around 120 lbs. I recently quit my job to focus on school full time, in the process I got engaged about 2 months ago. I need to drop this weight because I have a wedding to plan for in early 2014. I also have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia so it is definitely hard on me to carry this extra weight. I log in daily, I try to exercise as often as possible. I just recently got a heart rate monitor so I am a little addicted to seeing what I actually burn (or a better estimate than guessing LOL)

Good luck to everyone on their journey! My profile & diary are open if you'd like to take a look :)
  • Runner2shed
    Runner2shed Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm Stephanie, 5'5'' and about 180lbs. I'm looking to be about 150 by May, which seems healthy and doable. I am a runner, but because of that haven't been very good about watching my eating. It's now my down season so I'm trying to cross train and remind myself that I have to watch what I'm eating because I'm not burning as many calories.

I'm looking for accountability buddies to make sure I stay on track, keep honest with myself and am ready for this summer-both for running and bikini time :)
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Hi, I'm Karen, 47 years old, and struggling with my weight for the past 13 years, since the birth of my 3rd child. Over the past few years, I've had alot of challenges (death of my father, mother diagnosed with alzheimers, husband had a nervous breakdown), and I've consoled myself with food. Result was on Dec. 1, I weighed 175 pounds (I'm 5'3") which I weighed the day I gave birth to my 3rd child. Since that time, I've been logging in consistently and walking daily. Happy to report I've lost 6 pounds, 2 inches off my waist, .5 inch off my hips and 1 inch off my bust. I'm feeling really motivated, and my mantra for 2013 is "lose the weight", which applies to many aspects of my life! Today I treated myself to a manicure and pedicure for exceeding my fitness goals this month. Best wishes to every member of the group - together we are strong!

I'm sorry to hear what you've been going through! Lets make 2013 the best! And burn those pounds!
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Hi I,m Michelle, been on MFP nearly 2 months and lost 12 lbs so far, I think I've put on a few over Christmas but nothing compared to other Christmas seasons over the years. I am 45 years of age and all my life struggled with weight,last time I weighed myself (a week ago) I was 152 lbs, I would like to get down to 140, (I'm 5'5). I exercise at home most days and walk a lot, and one of my Christmas presents from my children was a barbell with weights, so I can include some strength training workouts in my quest for a nice toned tummy!!

Good luck everyone, I hope we all reach our goals and feel fabulous by June, (my birthday :-D )

Hi, can't wait to help you look fab for your birthday! X
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Lynnelle and I'm hoping to lose some of my post-wedding weight gain before our second anniversary in June! I'm also in the process of starting to train for an Iron Girl sprint triathlon in August that I'm doing with my cousin. I'm currently at 190 lbs, and at 5'6" that puts me in a not-so-healthy weight category... if you know what I mean. :-) After a year of some stressors, between on going stress at my old job and then being let go, I didn't take care of myself and ate poorly (Mexican food is my downfall) and stopped working out since I would come home completely worn out emotionally from work. Now I have a great job that I enjoy and I'm going to work towards a healthier lifestyle... 2013 is going to be the year of great things and great changes!!

Aww congrats on your marriage 2 years ago haha! 2013 As I keep saying to my followers is the year to get rid of that fat! Lets help make you look gorgeous for your wedding anniversary! X
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    hello im crystal im 200lbs 18 5;7 ive lost 30lbs over the period of 4 months but it was without trying to plus it was on my vacation it motivated me to lose even more so im current doing the paleo lifestlye its been almost a week 6 days and i feel great and plan on doing it for a few month unless i get into the habit and just making it my whole life feel free to add me :D im really bad at introducing myself so if you want to send me msgs and get to know me that way its fine

Hi, can't wait to help you shed those pounds! And that wasn't a bad introduction lol! X
  • ellliemaeee
    ellliemaeee Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I'm Elle, 20 years old, 5'2" and trying to lose almost 50 pounds. I just graduated from college two weeks ago and am hoping that starting a new chapter of my life will keep me motivated and able to lose the 45 I gained while I was in college.
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name's Brianna and I'm 28, married to the love of my life and I have a beautiful 10 year old daughter. My journey has been long with LOTS of ups and downs and some health problems, especially in the last year. My highest weight back in May of 2012 was 292.8. My current weight is 283.7. I recently started keeping a blog to track my progress... it can be found at www.halfofbri.blogspot.com. Does anyone else have a weight loss/ fitness blog? I look forward to getting to know all of you and supporting one another on our journies!

Hi, can't wait to help you shed those pounds with support! Roll on 2013!
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm Valerie, 41 years old, 5'7" and up to 172. I was thin growing up, but in my 20s my metabolism slowed down but my eating did not. I am married with two sons, 13 and almost 11. I have been working my *kitten* off in nursing school (alas, not literally) for the past 3.5 years. I graduate in May and am going on a dream vacation with my family to Greece and Italy in June before I start working. I would love to look and feel good at graduation and even more to feel beautiful and comfortable in a bikini and summer dresses for my vacation. My goal is to get down to 152 by my graduation day and 145 by my vacation. Ultimately I think I would feel best at 135, but I know I would be happy at 145 this summer. Thank you for starting a group for us.

ETA I have been a distance runner in the past but feel more comfortable now with half marathons than full. I am battling an injured shoulder that limits almost every way I like to exercise. But I am trying to figure the exercise out because I don't want to waste any more time.
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Hi! My name is Coral Hammond and I am 20 years old. My height is 5'3 and my weight is....225. I am a freshman in college and my major is Creative Writing. My weight lose goal is to lose between 50-75 pounds. About 3 months ago, I started to go to my university's gym to swim. Going 3 times a week really helped me lose weight. I would lose 2 pounds a week. I encouraged my friends to go swimming and work out with me and they were very much persuaded. If anyone needs motivation, I am a go to girl for that. :)

Welcome to the group! Can't wait to support you! X
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Erica. I am about 5 ft 2 and roughly 162 lbs. I am trying to get back down to around 120 lbs. I recently quit my job to focus on school full time, in the process I got engaged about 2 months ago. I need to drop this weight because I have a wedding to plan for in early 2014. I also have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia so it is definitely hard on me to carry this extra weight. I log in daily, I try to exercise as often as possible. I just recently got a heart rate monitor so I am a little addicted to seeing what I actually burn (or a better estimate than guessing LOL)

Good luck to everyone on their journey! My profile & diary are open if you'd like to take a look :)

Welcome to the group! Also congrats on the engagement! I'm sure we will help encourage you to she'd those pounds! X
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Hi!

I'm Stephanie, 5'5'' and about 180lbs. I'm looking to be about 150 by May, which seems healthy and doable. I am a runner, but because of that haven't been very good about watching my eating. It's now my down season so I'm trying to cross train and remind myself that I have to watch what I'm eating because I'm not burning as many calories.

I'm looking for accountability buddies to make sure I stay on track, keep honest with myself and am ready for this summer-both for running and bikini time :)

Welcome to the group! I'm sure we will support you whenever you need! X
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I'm Elle, 20 years old, 5'2" and trying to lose almost 50 pounds. I just graduated from college two weeks ago and am hoping that starting a new chapter of my life will keep me motivated and able to lose the 45 I gained while I was in college.

I'm sure we will help you turn the page haha! Welcome to the group!
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    I'm Valerie, 41 years old, 5'7" and up to 172. I was thin growing up, but in my 20s my metabolism slowed down but my eating did not. I am married with two sons, 13 and almost 11. I have been working my *kitten* off in nursing school (alas, not literally) for the past 3.5 years. I graduate in May and am going on a dream vacation with my family to Greece and Italy in June before I start working. I would love to look and feel good at graduation and even more to feel beautiful and comfortable in a bikini and summer dresses for my vacation. My goal is to get down to 152 by my graduation day and 145 by my vacation. Ultimately I think I would feel best at 135, but I know I would be happy at 145 this summer. Thank you for starting a group for us.

ETA I have been a distance runner in the past but feel more comfortable now with half marathons than full. I am battling an injured shoulder that limits almost every way I like to exercise. But I am trying to figure the exercise out because I don't want to waste any more time.

Hi and welcome to the group! Can't wait to help you! As a nurse as well you will be on your feet a bit which should shift some calories! Haha! Roll on 2013 to graduation!
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    I hope I've replied to as many of you As possible! The group numbers are flying up! X
  • kanncm
    kanncm Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Kelly. I have been a member of mfp for a few years but I have not stuck with it but I am determined to this time. I am reaching out this time for help because I know that is part of my problem. I have pretty much been around 170 since I have had my 2 girls, a little more for a short time and less for a while. I am much more comfortable around 150 so that is my goal. This time I will get there and maybe a little lower and maintain. Excited to have all the support and encouraging stories.
  • kristincreate
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I'm Kristin. I just joined today, the 29th, so I'm brand new here! Currently I am about 150 pounds and 5'8". I'm not completely sure though because I don't go on the scale. My goal is to lose a few pounds and lower my body fat. I don't really care what my weight is though. I just want to feel more confident in my own skin. I have been doing CrossFit 2-3 times a week for a few months now and I really enjoy it! Since I have started doing CrossFit I have gained 8 pounds of muscle! It's hard work but, totally worth it! My diet is pretty clean. I try to stick to vegetables, fruits, meat, eggs, seeds & nuts, limited dairy, limited sugar, and I try not to eat processed foods. But these past two weeks I have been eating not so well due to the holidays. I have also been doing Intermittent Fasting for a few months. If you have any question, feel free to message me. You can also add me as a friend! Good luck to everyone!
  • annakam2012
    annakam2012 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hi everyone :)
    I am Anna, i have been over weight since I was a little kid and now I am DETERMINED to lose it all! So atm im 16, 5'5 and 169 with a BMI of 28, I hope I could lose up to 140 in 6 months!!
  • annakam2012
    annakam2012 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    could we also have some weekly challenges to keep up the motivation? :D
  • mynameiszoeee
    Options
    Hi :) I'm Zoe, and I haven't weighed myself recently (I will do tomorrow and I fear it might be a little depressing...!) I am 5'6", and would love to be 110-115lbs. I don't really mind that much about weight, I just don't want to be fearing what I am eating, and I want to get stronger and healthier in time for summer. :) xxx