Live Fit Program

Options
2»

Replies

• KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    do you have to do this at the gym or can this be done at home. I dont have all the equipment at home :( can these be modified?

Here is what Jamie has to say about it, http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer-phase-1-day-8.html

Good luck!
  • nmalek1025
    Options
    kkauz42: You know how I always think of it? If you don't see results right away, at least it's better than sitting on the couch and doing nothing! I was reading an article that said it takes some professional years to build muscle. You might not see them right away because you see yourself day in and day out but keep doing it and it will show! What else is there to do? This will keep you healthy, fit, and looking good
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    kkauz42: You know how I always think of it? If you don't see results right away, at least it's better than sitting on the couch and doing nothing! I was reading an article that said it takes some professional years to build muscle. You might not see them right away because you see yourself day in and day out but keep doing it and it will show! What else is there to do? This will keep you healthy, fit, and looking good

Very true! I know by following the meal plan lossley (following the big meals) It will make a big difference and my snacks wont be junk! I have before pictures so I think I may do pics at the end of each phase! I am sore from it so far so I know something is happening!
  • amy_wills
    amy_wills Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I successfully completed LiveFit this summer - and I'm currently doing it again! YOu can check out my profile pictures for my before/after. I LOVE IT!! Great results and you can eat 6 times a day :) I dont belong to a gym, so I work out in my home gym. All I need is my treadmill and my free weights.
  • kkauz42
    Options
    I successfully completed LiveFit this summer - and I'm currently doing it again! YOu can check out my profile pictures for my before/after. I LOVE IT!! Great results and you can eat 6 times a day :) I dont belong to a gym, so I work out in my home gym. All I need is my treadmill and my free weights.

You look awesome!! Did you follow the meal plan at all? I just finished my first leg day and not too shabby!!
  • kkauz42
    Options
    I got my supplements today!! It only took 2 days I think..maybe 3. I'm so excited! Starting Monday I will be using them all!
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing up week 5 (yay!) and it's definitely easier to print out the workouts from the site. That way you can bring them with you to the gym and record what you lift and track your progress.

My recommendation: Use measurements and hide your scale! In phase 1 I gained about 2 lbs. but lost FIVE inches from my waist, hips and thighs.

-Kat

I'm determined to only weigh myself at the start/end of each phase. I actually had an argument with myself about it on Monday (Typically, weigh in day), but the anti-scale me won out. :laugh: :happy:

I'm sick and tired of the ups and downs that come with weight loss, so I'm hoping by lifting and gaining muscle, I'll be able to feel better in my body as opposed to feel better about what the scale says.
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I got my supplements today!! It only took 2 days I think..maybe 3. I'm so excited! Starting Monday I will be using them all!

I also got the supplement stack she suggested, and I think the only thing I would change is to get the BCAAs that you can mix in water to drink instead of trying to swallow the capsules. I always feel like they stick in my throat, and I've heard good things about the fruit-flavored drink mix.
  • kkauz42
    Options
    Week 2 is DONE for me!! Starting Week 3 Monday and I'm excited!! I noticed that there are laying leg curls opposed to the seated leg curls. My gym doesn't have the lying curl machine so i'm going to try to do it with a dumbbell! I don't have the Hammer strength lat pull at my gym either so I'm going to do pull ups with my same form as the hammer strength (thank you Google for alternatives)!
  • KatLifter
    Options
    Week 2 is DONE for me!! Starting Week 3 Monday and I'm excited!! I noticed that there are laying leg curls opposed to the seated leg curls. My gym doesn't have the lying curl machine so i'm going to try to do it with a dumbbell! I don't have the Hammer strength lat pull at my gym either so I'm going to do pull ups with my same form as the hammer strength (thank you Google for alternatives)!

My gym doesn't have seated leg curls either so I just did all laying leg curls, and used the cable machine instead of the Hammer strength. At least we're creative :)
  • KatLifter
    Options
    I'm just finishing up week 5 (yay!) and it's definitely easier to print out the workouts from the site. That way you can bring them with you to the gym and record what you lift and track your progress.

My recommendation: Use measurements and hide your scale! In phase 1 I gained about 2 lbs. but lost FIVE inches from my waist, hips and thighs.

-Kat

I'm determined to only weigh myself at the start/end of each phase. I actually had an argument with myself about it on Monday (Typically, weigh in day), but the anti-scale me won out. :laugh: :happy:

I'm sick and tired of the ups and downs that come with weight loss, so I'm hoping by lifting and gaining muscle, I'll be able to feel better in my body as opposed to feel better about what the scale says.

That's such a great attitude! I'm trying to get to that same place, and so far it's going well. I had a conversation with a trainer that I lost ~45 lbs, and now I'm lifting to take some more fat off and keep off the weight. (Of course now I wish I had started lifing earlier!) She was saying that if I'm lifting then I'll definitely keep the weight off.

Since I started LiveFit I have actually put on a couple pounds, but I have hip bones now - crazy! :love:
  • lindseymaekeller
    Options
    I think we have to be a little bit creative:) The machine maker may claim to have built something for "every body", but I've never found that to be true. Some are just plain awkward on your body and some just cause pain. I find that with the laying leg curls. I end up causing damage to my body rather than helping it.:ohwell:
  • juliecarlile
    Options
    ha ha, lindsey, I don't like the leg curls either they always hurt my quads really bad. Just wait until you get to a lift called the donkey lift for your calves. It hurts your arches so bad! Hate when I see it on the list for the day.