Cycle 1 - Accelerate

Options
Today is my day 1. It seems to be good so far. My thing is bread, cheese, and ranch. It's going to be difficult for these 17 days for me. I believe it will be do able though.

SW: 234
GW: 160

Replies

• DrAJ84
    DrAJ84 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You can have some low fat cheese on foods (like Parmesan or cottage cheese.) I sprinkled a little parmesan on my egg white omelette this morning. Gives the taste of cheese without loading it down with fat.
  • AnnaNoel_21
    AnnaNoel_21 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yes, I used parmesan cheese on my egg whites as well.
  • spaethv
    spaethv Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    To help with cycle 1, here is a list of recipes that are useful for this first cycle

http://thedoctorstv.com/TheDoctorsBoard1/posts/10116-CYCLE-1-RECIPE-LINKS
  • AnnaNoel_21
    Options
    Thank you spaethv!
    http://thedoctorstv.com/TheDoctorsBoard1/posts/10116-CYCLE-1-RECIPE-LINKS
    Has a ton of recipes! Can't wait to try them.
  • akparker08
    Options
    Silly question...how do I find out the guidelines to the 17 day plan?
  • AnnaNoel_21
    Options
    Silly question...how do I find out the guidelines to the 17 day plan?

It's a book. You can probably Google it, though it may be better to have the book copy for all the details.
  • tarachamp
    tarachamp Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! Today is my day 1. Wine and chocolate are my vices.
  • AnnaNoel_21
    Options

Happy New Year! I am also starting today. I've been working toward starting for the past few days, and today is going to be great. There are a good deal of alternative choices I can choose bc my problem is bread, cheese, ranch, etc. I have been using parmesan instead of regular cheese. Also baking things instead of breading them.
  • spaethv
    spaethv Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good morning, and Happy New Year! Today starts my Day 1! So far I have had my warm water w/ lemon.... yum! I am eating my first serving of fruit (an orange) and plan on getting in some greek yogurt, spinach salad, and grilled chicken in later today!

Quick question, this is my second time on the 17 DD (I lost about 25 pounds in the summer) and I am trying to remember the 'rules'. Is it no fruit after 2:00 and no food after 7:00? Am I remembering correctly? My book is packed away because I am currently in the process of moving. Can anyone help me out? Thanks! :)
  • AnnaNoel_21
    Options
    Good morning, and Happy New Year! Today starts my Day 1! So far I have had my warm water w/ lemon.... yum! I am eating my first serving of fruit (an orange) and plan on getting in some greek yogurt, spinach salad, and grilled chicken in later today!

Quick question, this is my second time on the 17 DD (I lost about 25 pounds in the summer) and I am trying to remember the 'rules'. Is it no fruit after 2:00 and no food after 7:00? Am I remembering correctly? My book is packed away because I am currently in the process of moving. Can anyone help me out? Thanks! :)

Yes to the no fruit after 2. As far as no food after 7 I will have to read over it again.
  • semisweet73
    Options

This works for me: a spoonful of cocoa powder (baking kind) mixed in with plain or vanilla greek yogurt and a little Stevia. Tastes like eating cheesecake filling. Really. :)
  • DrAJ84
    Options
    I'm hungry!!!! I'm really active ( running/ kickboxing etc....and I go back and forth up 5 floors working in a hospital) . Definitely have to up the ante. I'm getting hungry at night. I need to add something to this diet. I eat 3 meals and two snacks. I get my fruits, veggies, probiotics and protein but geez I'm still hungry at night.
  • AnnaNoel_21
    Options
    I'm hungry!!!! I'm really active ( running/ kickboxing etc....and I go back and forth up 5 floors working in a hospital) . Definitely have to up the ante. I'm getting hungry at night. I need to add something to this diet. I eat 3 meals and two snacks. I get my fruits, veggies, probiotics and protein but geez I'm still hungry at night.

Since you are active are you netting your Cal's? You may not be getting enough Cal's being highly active.
  • moveitmoveit
    moveitmoveit Posts: 20 Member
    Options

I don't think you're supposed to be highly active in phase 1. I'm pretty sure Dr. Mike recommends no more than 2 blocks of 17 minutes of light activity per day, because there's not enough complex carbs and varied protein sources, though I did leave my book at home. Maybe you could follow the PMS exception week, or skip to phase 2?
  • DrAJ84
    Options
    I re-read it, i decided I'm modifying it. I'm following the general principles but I enjoy exercise and activities too much to limit it to 17 min. I used the content to help me change my diet choices.
  • LeslieMartina
    LeslieMartina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    So what Cycle 1 recipes have you all come up with or tried that are good?

I came across a post where a woman mentioned putting pasta sauce on her green beans as a sub for pasta. I used the frozen longer green beans from trader Joe's. I tried it with a low sugar artichoke tomato sauce I found at the organic market. Then, I added in a diced turkey/spinach patty I made. It's not a total sub for pasta, but it was pretty good.

I plan to use the turkey sausage recipe on the doctors page and put it in a quiche or just form it into patties to eat with egg whites in the morning.
  • ctroni
    ctroni Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Today is my day 1. So far, so good after I made it through the afternoon headache and starvation with a spinach salad, grilled chicken, cucumbers, and fat free ranch dressing!

SW: 232.8
    GW: 200 then 180 then 170

I am praying this works and determined.
  • AnnaNoel_21
    Options
    Glad everyone is up for it! My thing is making thru cycle 1,but I did fine yesterday. I've been SICK today not able to eat or keep it down so I will do better tomorrow. I've got to get better!
  • moveitmoveit
    moveitmoveit Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hardest thing I've found(aside from hot lemon water) is the green tea. I've loathed green tea for years, and I wasn't sure I could do that part. But I found that Lipton's green tea with acai, dragon fruit, and melon tastes nothing like green tea :D That's my tip so far.

As for the lemon water.... I can't drink it really hot, but lukewarm is better than cold, right?
  • AnnaNoel_21
    Options
    Hardest thing I've found(aside from hot lemon water) is the green tea. I've loathed green tea for years, and I wasn't sure I could do that part. But I found that Lipton's green tea with acai, dragon fruit, and melon tastes nothing like green tea :D That's my tip so far.

As for the lemon water.... I can't drink it really hot, but lukewarm is better than cold, right?

I haven't been doing green tea or water with lemon. I've got to get groceries. I can do room temp water though.