Cycle 1 - Accelerate

Options

Replies

• Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My boss has lost 45 pounds doing this, so a couple of us in the office bought copies of the book as well. Mine came today although I probably won't start until Saturday or Sunday because I'll need to shop.
  • moveitmoveit
    moveitmoveit Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon! If I don't have enough veggies in the house I start to cave into temptation. Can you at least hold down water? Enough fluids can help kick start this thing, I think.
  • delyn356
    delyn356 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Day 2! I feel great, and I'm surprised that it hasn't been as hard as I imagined, but I have been missing my rice...

For dinner last night, I made an awesome chicken stir fry & wrapped it in lettuce. So good! But I need to find more recipes because I know I'll get tired of eating salad & stir fry pretty quick..
  • AnnaNoel_21
    AnnaNoel_21 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Day 2! I feel great, and I'm surprised that it hasn't been as hard as I imagined, but I have been missing my rice...

For dinner last night, I made an awesome chicken stir fry & wrapped it in lettuce. So good! But I need to find more recipes because I know I'll get tired of eating salad & stir fry pretty quick..

http://www.thedoctorstv.com/TheDoctorsBoard1/posts/10116-CYCLE-1-RECIPE-LINKS
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LeslieMartina
    LeslieMartina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I haven't been eating much since I've been super congested. It's hard to stuff your face when you have to breathe through you mouth. I'm on Day 6 and have lost 7 lbs so far. I'm hoping my appetite doesn't come back too crazy when I feel better.

I guess the good side of being sick is I can't separate the 17 day diet detox feeling from the sinus stuff.
  • AnnaNoel_21
    AnnaNoel_21 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I haven't been eating much since I've been super congested. It's hard to stuff your face when you have to breathe through you mouth. I'm on Day 6 and have lost 7 lbs so far. I'm hoping my appetite doesn't come back too crazy when I feel better.

I guess the good side of being sick is I can't separate the 17 day diet detox feeling from the sinus stuff.

Hey chick! I guess most of us are sick. Feel better! I started over and am on day 3. Lost 5 lbs so far.
    I believe my body is cleansing all the impunity out.
    Anyone else have a cleanse from the 17 DD? Might just be me bc I'm sick.
  • CCH410
    CCH410 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm on day two and have really struggled today. I am craving sugar so I am trying to stay out of the kitchen/break room! :) I am hoping the cravings die down quickly!
  • moveitmoveit
    Options
    I went grocery shopping today with all of the children in the area who were out of school. I'd forgotten that it wasn't just my kids out of school, you know? I'd also forgotten that my treat when I get home with out losing my mind is a homemade mocha and a truffle.

I had green tea.

It just wasn't the same, but it was pretty good.

On the plus side? My husband said, "I know I said I was going to buy wine today, but I also know it would have been a hard temptation to resist for you, so I didn't."
  • LeslieMartina
    LeslieMartina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm on day two and have really struggled today. I am craving sugar so I am trying to stay out of the kitchen/break room! :) I am hoping the cravings die down quickly!

If you can get past the first few days, you've got it! The cravings will go away soon.
  • Debbie0828
    Debbie0828 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Day two for me as well. I have done well but I was still a little under in calories. I only had 1040. But I did better than yesterday. Yesterday it was only about 850 calories. Chicken breasts are my friend right now! I hate fish.

I was down 2.4 after day one. We'll see if it is down a bit tomorrow as well. I am sure that initially it is water weight, but I'll take it!

I was surprised that I have not had sugar cravings, but I am having the allowed Truvia in my hot water with lemon juice and my green tea. I found a raspberry green tea. It is quite good.

Keep up the good work everyone! You are all doing great!
  • Debbie0828
    Options
    On the plus side? My husband said, "I know I said I was going to buy wine today, but I also know it would have been a hard temptation to resist for you, so I didn't."

That was really sweet of your husband to think of you and not buy the wine. :smile:
  • moveitmoveit
    Options

That was really sweet of your husband to think of you and not buy the wine. :smile:

He's being very supportive. Though he was extremely put out I didn't make garlic bread with dinner. Oh well. :)
  • tarachamp
    tarachamp Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    So here are my modified days

B: kefir/protein powder/fruit shake
    L: steamed green beans, half can tuna, TBS evoo, 1 hard boiled eggs
    D: laughing cow chicken, asparagus, carrots
    D: 1/2 c breakstones cottage cheese, cup sliced strawberries

day 2

L: steamed green beans, half can tuna, TBS evoo, 1 hard boiled eggs
    D: baked tilapia filet, broccolli
    D:1/2 c breakstones cottage cheese, cup sliced strawberries

day 3

L: laughing cow chicken, green beans
    D: skinnytaste spinach & feta stuffed chicken, broccolli
    D; 1/2 c breakstones cottage cheese, cup sliced strawberries
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Just checked out the 17 Day Diet book and the accompanying 17 Day Diet cookbook from the library. I will spend the weekend reading the books and doing a grocery shopping. Will be lagging behind most of you but I will start when I have finished reading and shopping. Good Luck everyone.
  • Debbie0828
    Options
    Just checked out the 17 Day Diet book and the accompanying 17 Day Diet cookbook from the library. I will spend the weekend reading the books and doing a grocery shopping. Will be lagging behind most of you but I will start when I have finished reading and shopping. Good Luck everyone.

At least you are starting! You will love the results! I am just starting Day 3 and I am down already! You will see quick results!
  • lnoal
    lnoal Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Day two for me as well. I have done well but I was still a little under in calories. I only had 1040. But I did better than yesterday. Yesterday it was only about 850 calories.

I've been have been wondering about this too..; I'm on day 4 and have been under 1200 calories everyday. I don't like the little message saying that I'm going into starvation mode and that I'll soon ruin my metabolism. What's the easiest way to add some calories without upping portions (no need, I'm full) or cheating? I'm vegetarian, so I was considering adding a few almonds in with my snack, but I think that this isn't really allowed either...

Anybody dealing with this or have any ideas?
  • tarachamp
    tarachamp Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Day two for me as well. I have done well but I was still a little under in calories. I only had 1040. But I did better than yesterday. Yesterday it was only about 850 calories.

I've been have been wondering about this too..; I'm on day 4 and have been under 1200 calories everyday. I don't like the little message saying that I'm going into starvation mode and that I'll soon ruin my metabolism. What's the easiest way to add some calories without upping portions (no need, I'm full) or cheating? I'm vegetarian, so I was considering adding a few almonds in with my snack, but I think that this isn't really allowed either...

Anybody dealing with this or have any ideas?

I think that since we are only doing low cal for 17days that our metabolism won't be affected.
  • lnoal
    lnoal Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about that-- I think you might be right. Thanks Tara :-)
  • Debbie0828
    Options
    I am finding that today I am really missing my Coca Cola Classic! I will get through it but really craving one right now. I love the burn when it goes down your throat and makes your eyes water! :smile: