Week 7......just starting

Options
2»

Replies

• hlsc
    hlsc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Was able to do my last week 7 run outside this morning. Still tough, but much more interesting. I only felt like stopping twice :)
    My legs felt like lead during the last 5 minutes, but I trudged on. Yea, I'm ready for week 8 on Monday!!!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! You're doing great!
  • ShannonKN
    ShannonKN Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I made it through W7D1 today. My pace wasn't brilliant, but I managed to push through the points where I wanted to stop and walk. It was bitterly cold (5F), so that helped to keep me running -- it was just too cold to walk! Does anyone here have plans to celebrate when they finish C25K? I've been starting and stopping on the program for nearly 2 years, but I've never made it to week 7 before. I'm going to complete this! (Assuming I don't slip on that miserable ice outside and break something -- knock on wood!)
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I made it through W7D1 today. My pace wasn't brilliant, but I managed to push through the points where I wanted to stop and walk. It was bitterly cold (5F), so that helped to keep me running -- it was just too cold to walk! Does anyone here have plans to celebrate when they finish C25K? I've been starting and stopping on the program for nearly 2 years, but I've never made it to week 7 before. I'm going to complete this! (Assuming I don't slip on that miserable ice outside and break something -- knock on wood!)

Good for you getting outside in 5F weather. I prefer running outside. I even like the briskness of a cooler day. I hit the treadmill when we drop into the 20's. Even after 42 New England winters, I still hate the snow and the cold.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options

Great job! Wow, that's cold. I can't remember the last time I felt temperatures like that. Here in Georgia I ran a couple of times when it was in the 20's and those were my best runs.

I finish C25K this Saturday with my first 5k race. My wife will do her first 10k at the same race. We plan to treat ourselves to a big lunch at Ted's Montana Grill, then head over to someplace else for dessert. Then next Monday we are both starting P90X. We'll both be taking a short break from running. I have tendonitis (PTT) in my right leg and she has a previously sprained ankle that still bothers her. We need to heal before ramping up our running. But I hope we can both be in a half marathon by year's end.
  • ShannonKN
    ShannonKN Posts: 152 Member
    Options

Great job! Wow, that's cold. I can't remember the last time I felt temperatures like that. Here in Georgia I ran a couple of times when it was in the 20's and those were my best runs.

I finish C25K this Saturday with my first 5k race. My wife will do her first 10k at the same race. We plan to treat ourselves to a big lunch at Ted's Montana Grill, then head over to someplace else for dessert. Then next Monday we are both starting P90X. We'll both be taking a short break from running. I have tendonitis (PTT) in my right leg and she has a previously sprained ankle that still bothers her. We need to heal before ramping up our running. But I hope we can both be in a half marathon by year's end.

Good luck on Saturday! Please let us know how it goes (and just how awesome the celebratory lunch is!). My BIL gave us P90X2 last year for Christmas, and my husband and I were both wrecks after day 1. I keep thinking that I should do those workouts instead of worrying about running in this weather, but I'm trying really hard to finish the C25K program this time around instead of falling off again. Enjoy that Georgia weather! I'll be thinking jealous thoughts up here in the Idaho mountains. :drinker:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Wow. EXACTLY. Thank you all for being honest here. This is exactly what I'm experiencing. I'm not a music person, but I COULD NOT DO IT without good tunes and I am trying hard to just not think about the fact I'm running. It's tough, but I feel like if I can just get through W7, I'll be golden.