Eat More Weigh Less - support group 2013!

Options
zhiking
zhiking Posts: 161 Member
Happy New Year's Eve! I thought this is perfect day to make my commitment to EM2WL for 2013.
I'm fairly new to eating my TDEE-15% only started last week and truthfully still a bit nervous about the whole lifestyle change. I would love to get to know a smaller sub-group of people (all ages) also working on EM2WL. My thought is that instead of the standard "good job you eat under your calorie goal!" a cheer which I now feel MFP mistakenly encourages, our cheer to each other might instead be something like "Come on "Sally" you worked hard today be sure you drink a protein shake!" or " "Joe" you worked so hard last few days be sure to eat and enjoy dessert tonight!"
I would encourage anyone in sub group to open up your food diary so we can do a better job of supporting and encouraging you.

My thought is once people start to show interest I will create this group - any suggestions for name for our group? Then once were in group we should all introduce our selves and if we feel like it share our TDEE stats and workout goals. I'm thinking because we are sharing so much personal stuff we should make this group private. "Groups set to "Private" are not viewable on the web except by MyFitnessPal users, logged into their accounts, who have joined that group based an invitation from a current Group member."

Note personally I'm a work in progress - I won't be able to fully start till I get home to Boston Jan 4th.

Men and women of all ages are encouraged to join this group!

Thanks and I wish you all a Happy Healthy! New Year!

Replies

• elaine_des
    elaine_des Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi

I also started eating more about a week ago, kinda scare of stepping on the scale at the end of this week but I can say that I feel better already, I am not hungry, not tired, I sleep better and I have enough energy at the end of my day to do my workout. I need to work on getting more protein in, I would be interested to be part of a support group.
  • mom23boys10
    Options
    I would love to join! I just started officially eating this way today. I have been researching for the last couple of months and slowly upping my calories. What better time to start than the beginning of the New Year. I am a bit nervous as well and could use the support.
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I am brand new to EM2WL. I'm on week two of my metabolism reset and can really use some encouragement along the way.

How about EM2WL 2013? That keeps it very specific, for one year.

I think it would also help to have a refer to this original board for people who are curious about the program as this is the place to find people experienced with the basics.
  • floopysandi
    floopysandi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I would join! Always can use more support! :)
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been upping my daily allowance throughout December. Due to the festivities I have managed to put on 3lb, but other than that I am still at the trial and error stage trying to reset my metabolism. I do intend to take this slowly and get it right. Would be good to get advice along the way. Count me in.
  • annemama
    annemama Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great idea! Let us know when you get it set up... and thanks for taking the initiative to do it!
  • hballack
    hballack Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in joining if you decide to start this group. I am new and very interested in this concept.

Thanks,

Heather
  • maruby95
    maruby95 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I would join! Great idea!
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I have been doing EM2WL since May 2012 and have managed to get to my goal weight eating 2,050 calories a day and lifting heavy. I would be happy to join your group and help anyone in any way I can (I am by no means an expert on any of this, but I know it will work if you trust the process and have some patience...)

Feel free to add me as a friend (just add a quick note to the request...) and let us know when the group is formed :-)

Welcome, and enjoy the process!!!

Anitra
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    i would like to be apart of it too. When i lost the weight i didn't do any strength training at all. I was a cardio addict now since being apart of the group I've learn to include strength and now love it. I don't follow the dietary part of the program but i definitely push for women to lift heavy.
  • Sevasti_Titi
    Sevasti_Titi Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I would love to join, so count me in.

Also, for those who want, feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • zhiking
    Options
    Great looks like there is a growing interest in this group. I'll set up group by tomorrow at the latest. Was re-thinking and maybe this should be a public group so more people can join? or do you think it would get too crowded? I'm in another side group that just started and before you know it 700 people had joined!
    Also any expert on EM2WL want to be a co-adminstrator of this group to help set up guidelines etc.?

Feel free to message me directly or friend me with note
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm close to the end of week 3 of my reset and really have no idea if it's working or not. Hanging in there though! Always looking for more EM2WL friends.
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi I have been doing eat more weigh less since December 19th so far with the holidays and all I have only gained 1.6 pounds so I reall can't blame being on EM2WL must be the good food during the holidays oh and the good drinks...would love to be part of group:flowerforyou:
  • zhiking
    Options
    I all I just created group! and I think I invited you all (let me know if I missed you!)
    I hope we can all get to know each other better and help each other in the new year!
    Feel free to add more topics. I've kept it as a private group for now but we can alway change that later.
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I would join! I've been eating more calorie wise but I'm recommitting to doing EM2WL to the letter for 2013.
  • lovinlandl
    lovinlandl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    GREAT idea --

I've only started this for a few days and love reading the motivation, feedback and input individuals on EM2WL provide

Count me in!!
  • tlspratley
    tlspratley Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Love the idea of this group. Please count me in too!
  • samcrogirl
    Options
    count me in! I am starting this today and must admit that I am TERRIFIED!
  • moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Can I join please. I really think it is a realistic way slowly lose weight. I need support and encouragement and have failed in trying to do things on my own!