Weekly challenge January 1 - 7 - what's your poison?

Options
demilade
demilade Posts: 402 Member
While we are fresh and motivated with our New Years resolutions, and pobably slightly over did it with food and drink over the holidays, what better way to start our first weekly challenge than to give up our main food or drink vice.

Choose one thing to give up for the week, post it below, and then let's stick to it. It might be soft drink, chips, biscuits with your coffee, what ever it is as of today you are on a one week break :)

Replies

• demilade
    Options
    My poison is chocolate and chips. This week I will eat no chocolate or chips. It will be hard with all the party left overs!
  • betsij
    betsij Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    no sweets, starting now. ( I just made a pumpkin roll last night ) So this will be a hard one. but... I AM IN!
  • SunshineandRoses66
    Options
    has to be bread. do much better on vita weat bicuits.::flowerforyou:
  • willtry08
    willtry08 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'll give up bread for the week
  • daffyduck2012
    Options
    No soda for a week....we shall see how this goes!
  • dointammy
    dointammy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Salt has always been my greatest weekness: I will give up salty snacks like chips, salted nuts and popcorn.
  • demilade
    Options
    Mum just walked in with 2 bags of chips :) I want them lol.
  • jwall956
    jwall956 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Desserts is what i will be giving up. that includes ice cream, cookies, and the triffels that the cooks like to make. it will be hard, but it can be done!
  • betsij
    Options
    Same here! Ugh this will be hard BUT we can do it!
  • kellygeorge8182
    kellygeorge8182 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    white foods - refined sugar, processed flour, salt....
  • demilade
    Options
    Some good things to give up guys, none of them actually do anything for us nutritionaly. And its just a week so hopefully we can stick with it:)
  • AliciaCharmaine
    Options
    I will be giving up candy...my most dangerous poison. :tongue:
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem is fast food. I've been making better fast food choices the past couple of months, but for this week it's total abstinence.
  • missmaegen
    missmaegen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'll be giving up soda
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Bread
  • Joyyfull4u
    Joyyfull4u Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I will be giving up soda.
  • lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Great idea to get us started!! I'll also be giving up soda for the week!
  • betsij
    Options
    I went to the kitchen last night and ate 2 hand fulls of peanut m&m's before I even knew what I was doing! I failed this one! UGH!!!!
  • Madalynne
    Madalynne Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'll be giving up soda and sweets. Hoping to make this change more permanent than one week though! ><
    I went to the kitchen last night and ate 2 hand fulls of peanut m&m's before I even knew what I was doing! I failed this one! UGH!!!!

Don't quit! Just start again right now :smile: Now you know to watch yourself more closely. :wink:
  • alyssam6
    alyssam6 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'll be giving up chocolate! I made a new years resolution to stop drinking soda, so idk if that counts for this challenge!