January Check in and Chat - HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Options

Replies

• HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I havent been to KoP mall in many years
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    Tameko, I beg to differ...but I only drink the sugar free stuff, and that's usually paired with vodka. I'm seriously addicted to it--but I don't drink coffee or tea with caffeine in it.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Oh its a MALL you're all talking about - why didn't you SAY so. I just went to its west coast counterpart, South Coast Plaza, this weekend. Good sale prices - 40% off everything at BR including sale stuff.
  • tameko2
    Options
    Tameko, I beg to differ...but I only drink the sugar free stuff, and that's usually paired with vodka. I'm seriously addicted to it--but I don't drink coffee or tea with caffeine in it.

my husband is like that. He doens't like coffee unless its hyper sweetened and milky, tea makes his mouth tingle/go numb, but he'll drink lo-carb monsters all day (except he won't because that's terrible for you).

A normal day like today for me is : 18 ounces of green tea in the morning, 16 ounces of coffee at lunch, 2-3x 18 ounces of MORE TEA in teh afternoon. I like tea.
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    There are soooo many great things going on with this thread right now! Like the coffee, tea, redbull, vodka....

I <3 caffeine and have to have a pretty decent amount to be approachable. I drink a travel mug of 2 k-cups in the AM, water most of the day, diet pop in the afternoon, more diet pop when I get home, and tea after dinner.

I don't log my diet pops b/c I drink far more than I should and don't want anyone to know - don't judge me, lol.

Oooh Athleta stuff...I finally broke down and bought two dresses and 3 skorts. I am excited skorts are cool again. So far I like the stuff ALOT, its just too cold to wear any of it! I am curious about their pants, but right now I am limiting myself to workout gear, since I just purged and sent a lot to Goodwill. I am focusing on quality and not quantity at the moment since I am getting overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I have managed to accumulate.

I promise I am not a hoarder. I'm just a pack rat trending towards minimalist as I get older. With that being said, I have 2 pairs of yoga pants, one pair of crops, one pair of heavier (fleece lined) workout pants, and 2 pairs of workout shorts. I believe that's all I should need and will only buy more when something needs replaced. (Repeating this more to remind myself more than anything, lol)
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Hey have you guys seen this thread? http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/862337-why-girls-shouldn-t-lift-weights-like-men-disgusting-hey

Hmmm, I'm on the fence about this one....1. the high reps (don't think it's sustainable) 2. He said she doesn't do cardio, but in his links to her diet he lists cardio as being 4-5 times a week 3. Her squats aren't really squats, they don't go low at all, lots of us could lift heavier if we squatted only a few inches each time. Yet, it's talking about women weight lifting, which yeah, cool....but I don't think her results are typical.

Thoughts?

I just read through most of this one and then I read through the one he posted about her diet. Now first I want to say that I think she looks awesome and her hard work can't be disputed HOWEVER after reading the thread about her diet and seeing a "before" pic, I would have to say that she has used some sort of "extra assistance". Probably in terms of some sort of cutting steroid. Her workout is intense....although not many compounds in there....not sure why? Or is that some sort of advanced lifting secret? And I agree about the squats....I think they could be lower but he claims they are small because he only wants them to work her quads and her glutes and hammies get worked another day.

Tough one....clearly they both have extraordinary physiques and work hard. But my ex husband worked really hard in the gym....while juicing every day lol
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    There are soooo many great things going on with this thread right now! Like the coffee, tea, redbull, vodka....

I <3 caffeine and have to have a pretty decent amount to be approachable. I drink a travel mug of 2 k-cups in the AM, water most of the day, diet pop in the afternoon, more diet pop when I get home, and tea after dinner.

I don't log my diet pops b/c I drink far more than I should and don't want anyone to know - don't judge me, lol.

This ^^^^ My Keurig is my life omg I don't know what I did before it and my diet coke is like a slice of heaven......could drink that *kitten* by the vat lol

The great thing about working out at home is.....no fancy workout clothes! Free's up more $$$ for sexy outside clothes lol Old leggings and Champion sports bra do it for me lol Although I have this 6 hour fitness challenge in March that I will actually have to buy something for....preferably pants that don't slide off my hips with repetitive jumping haha

So I went and bought Epsom salts for my sore effing quads.....tomorrow is workout day.....what do I do???!!! I'm thinking deload back down to about 95lb (did 115 yesterday and that's what got me into this mess after only 1 week off....last workout before break was 120lb) and then build my way back up through the week?

Thoughts?
  • tameko2
    Options
    Hey have you guys seen this thread? http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/862337-why-girls-shouldn-t-lift-weights-like-men-disgusting-hey

Hmmm, I'm on the fence about this one....1. the high reps (don't think it's sustainable) 2. He said she doesn't do cardio, but in his links to her diet he lists cardio as being 4-5 times a week 3. Her squats aren't really squats, they don't go low at all, lots of us could lift heavier if we squatted only a few inches each time. Yet, it's talking about women weight lifting, which yeah, cool....but I don't think her results are typical.

Thoughts?

I just read through most of this one and then I read through the one he posted about her diet. Now first I want to say that I think she looks awesome and her hard work can't be disputed HOWEVER after reading the thread about her diet and seeing a "before" pic, I would have to say that she has used some sort of "extra assistance". Probably in terms of some sort of cutting steroid. Her workout is intense....although not many compounds in there....not sure why? Or is that some sort of advanced lifting secret? And I agree about the squats....I think they could be lower but he claims they are small because he only wants them to work her quads and her glutes and hammies get worked another day.

Tough one....clearly they both have extraordinary physiques and work hard. But my ex husband worked really hard in the gym....while juicing every day lol

Vegas : re the soreness. do you have a foam roller? if not - try just deep tissue massaging as best you can. It WILL hurt. But should be better tomorrow.

Also re that girl:

still haven't seen pictures BUT based on the workout routine I also suspect juicing. High rep isolation work was pioneered by a generation of bodybuilders using steroids because it worked really great for them. Not so great for other people.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    Yeah....that's the exact thought I had on that weights routine. Oh well to each their own!

As for the soreness....no foam roller. I will take a hot bath in Epsom salts tonight and do a massage best I can after that. Do you think a deload to 95 is good enough? I really don't think this is an injury rather my muscles yelling at me lol
  • tameko2
    Options
    If its not injury, I wouldn't deload at all.
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    The PTSD is not at all interesting. :wink: It's so uninteresting that it didn't even occur to me that I could be dropping a teaser. It was just way too much togetherness with strong-willed and emotional people of the female persuasion. And also a jack@ss husband. And PS, there is way too much walking in heels required in that town. :laugh: But yes, fab memories with Dot in pools and hot tubs during the sane moments! :drinker:
  • extraordinary_machine
    Options
    Vegas, this so going to sound like hell on earth, but when I had horrible DOMS, yoga helped a ton. Even just doing some sun salutes got the stiffness to abate a bit.

I lied, I guess green tea has some caffeine, and I'll have 12-24 oz of green tea a day...and a diet coke. :laugh:
  • extraordinary_machine
    Options
    The *kitten* husband didn't belong to either of us, btw.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    If its not injury, I wouldn't deload at all.

But F!CK it HURTS lol
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    Vegas, this so going to sound like hell on earth, but when I had horrible DOMS, yoga helped a ton. Even just doing some sun salutes got the stiffness to abate a bit.

I lied, I guess green tea has some caffeine, and I'll have 12-24 oz of green tea a day...and a diet coke. :laugh:

No time for yoga! Ugh!!!! Plus I've never done it so I would probably actually injure myself lol
  • darwinforyou
    darwinforyou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Seriously yoga usually helps me too but it sucked hairy toes tonight!! We had a substitute for the substitute and that was not yoga!! I feel like I need yoga for yoga...

Though I highly recommend it to everyone!

On a caffeine note I drink a crap ton of coffee...and when I start to feel guilty I dive into my stash of tea. In my defense I drink a ton of water.
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I couldn't stay away. I went to the gym with my hubz tonight and did some lifting. Back up to 100 on the squats, but dropped the volume to 3x5. And now, since I have someone to watch me, I had him check for butt winking. Guess who buttwinks!?!:sad: :brokenheart:

What should I do?! How do I fix it?! I know I need to watch some videos or something. Does anyone have a good link?

Bench was 75 (again, also 3x5). I seriously don't know what happened - last week I was 75x5, 75x5, 75x4, 75x2, 75x3. Today was 75x4, 75x2, 75x3. I suck. Also...spine totally feels bruised still. I think I was hyperextending too far back and putting too much pressure on my spine. Will forgo those until I heal and learn to do them right.

Not much else to write home about.
  • extraordinary_machine
    Options
    Vette, sorry about your butt. :laugh:

Vegas, http://www.yogajournal.com/practice/home_practice
    Even if you just do some poses, it will help tremendously. Yoga journal has great pose tutorials, home practices, etc.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    Vette, sorry about your butt. :laugh:

Vegas, http://www.yogajournal.com/practice/home_practice
    Even if you just do some poses, it will help tremendously. Yoga journal has great pose tutorials, home practices, etc.

Thank you!!!!
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Every time I hear butt winking I remember reading this true crime journal article about the '80s satanic daycare molestation craziness. I guess in that context "butt winking" refers to involuntary anal sphincter contraction. In crazy 80's witch hunt land this is evidence of molestation, and not a normal response to an exam (which is what it is everywhere else apparently.) Vette you should be thankful your sphincter is pristine and untouched by satanic daycare workers!

I'm sure more experienced and well read ladies can be sure- I've read that a tiny bit of Rippetoe winking can be considered normal; like you shouldn't be over-arching? Just don't look like this guy- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ9_lBV51sg&amp;feature=youtu.be

Yay. Yoga. There's a studio here that has $5 yoga here on Fridays, but I've never gone to an actual class (just a 14 year old copy of idiot's guide to yoga:blushing:) Someday when I'm feeling adventurous!