January Cuts

Options
2»

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    I'm in a few different fitness challenges:

1. An 8-week body fat loss, which began 2 weeks ago. Hopefully, time-wise, that will bring me to the end of my "cut", but I'm unsure. I want to do a DXA scan at the end to make sure I *truly* know what my body fat % is!
    2. A "February streak challenge" - I've decided to try and build a "daily work-out" streak. Tough since I usually lift 3 x per week and only 1 day of cardio. But, am hoping adding back in 3 more days of cardio will also help with fat loss challenge.
    3. A 6-month body fat loss challenge, which began Jan. 1, 2013. One month in and, frankly, the other competitors have seen WAY larger fat loss than I have.

kare - your results look pretty good!
  • berlys
    berlys Posts: 27
    Options
    This sounds like fun! I don't keep track ususally of anything but my gut. Tomorrow, I'm starting the high schoold version of the Johnny Parker program. Pretty excited about it! Will have to get my measurements.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    I am down in weight (-5.5 lbs since Jan 1). Hoping for some good news on measurements Monday and I have a body composition test tomorrow. I find the scales/electric methods to be so inconsistent they're hardly worth it to me. I can usually tell in the mirror and photos if I am making progress.

Kare - you are doing AWESOME tracking everything! I do not have the bandwidth for that right now but you are inspiring!

Annaruthus- You are lookng great and I am very envious of your leanness (and dropping 1% in two weeks).

Beeps - make sure you are recovering!
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm in a few different fitness challenges:

1. An 8-week body fat loss, which began 2 weeks ago. Hopefully, time-wise, that will bring me to the end of my "cut", but I'm unsure. I want to do a DXA scan at the end to make sure I *truly* know what my body fat % is!
    2. A "February streak challenge" - I've decided to try and build a "daily work-out" streak. Tough since I usually lift 3 x per week and only 1 day of cardio. But, am hoping adding back in 3 more days of cardio will also help with fat loss challenge.
    3. A 6-month body fat loss challenge, which began Jan. 1, 2013. One month in and, frankly, the other competitors have seen WAY larger fat loss than I have.

kare - your results look pretty good!

Thanks! no worries, about # 3, one day at a time - it's a marathon not a sprint - they may be starting strong, but it's about who ends strong :)
  • karrielynn80
    Options
    This sounds like fun! I don't keep track ususally of anything but my gut. Tomorrow, I'm starting the high schoold version of the Johnny Parker program. Pretty excited about it! Will have to get my measurements.

What's that program entail?

and glad to have you here! i love having a lil community of "cutters" (the good kind ;P )
  • karrielynn80
    Options
    I am down in weight (-5.5 lbs since Jan 1). Hoping for some good news on measurements Monday and I have a body composition test tomorrow. I find the scales/electric methods to be so inconsistent they're hardly worth it to me. I can usually tell in the mirror and photos if I am making progress.

Kare - you are doing AWESOME tracking everything! I do not have the bandwidth for that right now but you are inspiring!

Annaruthus- You are lookng great and I am very envious of your leanness (and dropping 1% in two weeks).

Beeps - make sure you are recovering!

Thanks! girl! you as well, can't wait to see ur full on results. (oh and i only track everything cuz i'm OCD lol)
  • Artemis751
    Artemis751 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I thought I'd join this discussion as I seriously need some inspiration and comments :-)
    Currently...132 lbs, 28% BF and have been for the last few weeks. I seemed to do really well last year and dropped about 2 stone and 10% BF with not too much difficulty. I work out, mainly lifting and an hour of cardio a couple of times a week.

I seem to have stopped losing weight and BF totally. I eat about 12-1300 per day and try to base my meals around protein.
    I'd love to get down to low 20s BF and get rid of the pouch on my stomach, which is where I seem to store most of the fat.
    Any advice, comments welcome
    Thanks ! x
  • karrielynn80
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I thought I'd join this discussion as I seriously need some inspiration and comments :-)
    Currently...132 lbs, 28% BF and have been for the last few weeks. I seemed to do really well last year and dropped about 2 stone and 10% BF with not too much difficulty. I work out, mainly lifting and an hour of cardio a couple of times a week.

I seem to have stopped losing weight and BF totally. I eat about 12-1300 per day and try to base my meals around protein.
    I'd love to get down to low 20s BF and get rid of the pouch on my stomach, which is where I seem to store most of the fat.
    Any advice, comments welcome
    Thanks ! x

Girl, i'm glad you joined!!

there are many more educated people in this group than me, but the first thing i'd ask you is what are ur stats? 12-1300 a day seems like a low number (unless u are eating back large amts of workout calories). . . from what i understand, eating too low - can cause ur body to hold on to fat.

I personally am 5 3 / 126.4 lbs & eat b/t 1500-1600 + about 100 calories a day of workout calories (i guess low on weights) - and maybe 200 calories eaten back on cardio days. Just a thought.
  • Artemis751
    Options
    I'm 5ft 4 so maybe I should up the calories to about 1500 and see if that helps. Sorry, what do you mean by 'stats' plz ? :-)
  • karrielynn80
    Options
    I'm 5ft 4 so maybe I should up the calories to about 1500 and see if that helps. Sorry, what do you mean by 'stats' plz ? :-)

That's what i meant, "stats" i was [incorrectly] implying, height, weight, build ya know - but you had already given ur weight so i was just asking ur height... I mean if you were in the 4 feet range - that wouldn't be so big. My first "cut" i did @ 1200 calories + workout, and seemed to lean out... but i wasn't tracking everything like i was now & i'm guessing that i probably lost muscle mass as well as that - b/c i'm leaner now @ 126 that i was then & i got down to 118 i think...

Now mind you, my body was completely okay with it, physically - i had no fatigue or anything - i figure my body was just soo used to low calorie diets... when i bulked i maxed out @ 2800 calories & after 3 months, only gained 6 lbs... so... i bet if you give it a shot it might help - BUT stay away from the scale the 1st wk or so, b/c ur body will flux...
  • Artemis751
    Options
    Ok, thanks ! Going to give that a go then. Will report back with weight in about a week. I'll definitely keep off the scales too as that BF reading really grinds on my nerves. I've ordered some callipers to use instead :-)
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    A bit of good news: my calipers came in & w/ the 3 site measuring & an online calculator (i put in results, age & weight and it gives me my bf%) it says i'm 19.81 BF% - seems a bit "unbelieveable" to me, since the scale has me in the mid 20s... but i'm excited.

a bit of not so great news: my hubs is KILLING me on food intake. Last night he INSISTED we go out to mexican - and there is nothing healthy about it... it got to the point where it was either go or start an actual argument lol, so i'm not planning on dropping any bf% this wk... tmrw is the day so we shall see...

Also, my scale always reads me way higher than my bodyfat actually is. So I stopped using it.

OH that's what u meant by the HIGH sodium meal - i was trying to figure out what I'd eaten the night or directly before weigh in that would have spiked it. I didn't consider the sodium staying with me that long - but good point!, maybe next wk i'll be down by tons!! lol

I expected my scale to be weigh off, but the influx seems good so i keep track of both now - in case i need a quick check on influx & don't want to get out the calipers :) (or the measuring tape)

It isn't really the sodium that sticks with you, it is the water you retained because of the salt. Depending on your bodies reaction, it can take a couple days for the water to flush out of your system.
  • karrielynn80
    Options
    A bit of good news: my calipers came in & w/ the 3 site measuring & an online calculator (i put in results, age & weight and it gives me my bf%) it says i'm 19.81 BF% - seems a bit "unbelieveable" to me, since the scale has me in the mid 20s... but i'm excited.

a bit of not so great news: my hubs is KILLING me on food intake. Last night he INSISTED we go out to mexican - and there is nothing healthy about it... it got to the point where it was either go or start an actual argument lol, so i'm not planning on dropping any bf% this wk... tmrw is the day so we shall see...

Also, my scale always reads me way higher than my bodyfat actually is. So I stopped using it.

OH that's what u meant by the HIGH sodium meal - i was trying to figure out what I'd eaten the night or directly before weigh in that would have spiked it. I didn't consider the sodium staying with me that long - but good point!, maybe next wk i'll be down by tons!! lol

I expected my scale to be weigh off, but the influx seems good so i keep track of both now - in case i need a quick check on influx & don't want to get out the calipers :) (or the measuring tape)

It isn't really the sodium that sticks with you, it is the water you retained because of the salt. Depending on your bodies reaction, it can take a couple days for the water to flush out of your system.

Good to know. I'm hoping this wks weigh in will be pretty good. I had an active wkend & think i did pretty decent for my cheat days. :) i wanted to "check" this wkend to see how i was doing, but i made myself hold off LOL.