Goal Setting

Options
MarlaStuck
MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
Please think about your goals to start this challenge this Sunday. As you are thinking of these goals, think of celebration rewards too. Mini goals (or weekly goals) will help in your overall success with the overall goal being reached on March 31st. Please feel free to post "requests" for support too; i.e., I'm a vegetarian and may ask for recipe help, or share a recipe that others can use. Exercise tips for those of us stuck in the snow....and don't like the cold. Looking forward to starting this challenge with you!

Replies

• lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have several resolutions this year and because my list seems to be getting longer every year, I have decided to take baby steps. I'm going to focus on one or two items on my list per month and try to make it a habit before I move onto the next item. My first order of business this month is to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep per night. I work from 6am - 2pm and normally I go to bed late and only get 4-5 hours of sleep. Then I'm tired all day and I end up going home to take a nap and then I run out of time to get to the gym! Obviously the second item on my list is to get to the gym on a consistant basis. This group is perfect for me as I need to get motivated to make this a regular part of my life! Who else is with me???????:flowerforyou:
  • KettydeDios
    KettydeDios Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My goal is to commit to this challenge. So often I start a challenge and end up dropping out. I will make 2013 my lucky year where I keep focus no matter the obstacles...I just got to keep going and going and going until March 31st.
  • jct7779
    Options
    I want to drink at least 48 oz of water a day. Right now, I drink less than 12oz of water a day. I prefer my water inside my Diet Coke. But - My goal is to increase that to see how it makes me feel and to see what it does for my skin and weight.
  • Oceanic26
    Options
    My goal is to commit to this challenge. So often I start a challenge and end up dropping out. I will make 2013 my lucky year where I keep focus no matter the obstacles...I just got to keep going and going and going until March 31st.

YES INDEED, THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO DO TOO...I need to commit!!!!
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    Oceanic26,
    Mini goal already achieved....joined. Next goal may be to identify triggers that show up as obstacles so we can support you through the mine field. :) Thanks for joining.
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    Linda,
    AWESOME! I just got the fitbit tracker to figure out my sleep or lack there of too...I have found so far that when I work out I sleep better. Not always the case, but the majority of the time I feel better. My sleep has been on average 5-6 hours with several awakened times. So one of my goals is the same as yours getting 8 hours of good sleep. Keep in touch, maybe we can help eachother with our positive move forward.
    Marla
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    JCT,
    Uhhh water not my favorite either. One trick that helped me pay more attention was I got a water bottle that was 22 oz and put 3 rubber bands on the top, each time I drank one I put the rubber band down around the bottom, and so on until I had my daily intake complete. Then I started adding Cherry Limeade Drink mix (flavored water from Walmart) in each glass to change things up. I still have to "make myself" do it, but it has gotten easier. Water for thought, thanks for joining.
    Marla
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    Ketty,
    Mini goal already achieved....joined. Next goal may be to identify triggers that show up as obstacles so we can support you through the mine field. :) Thanks for joining.
    Marla
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Linda,
    AWESOME! I just got the fitbit tracker to figure out my sleep or lack there of too...I have found so far that when I work out I sleep better. Not always the case, but the majority of the time I feel better. My sleep has been on average 5-6 hours with several awakened times. So one of my goals is the same as yours getting 8 hours of good sleep. Keep in touch, maybe we can help eachother with our positive move forward.
    Marla

I fully intend to earn my sleep, fall asleep fast, sleep well and be well rested!
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group!
    Will we be weighing in on Monday's, plus posting weekly goals and accomplishments then?
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 15 pounds by March 31. That keeps me on the pound a week pace, and will mean I'll be 16 pounds from my goal at the end of the challenge.
  • Nancysdiettips
    Nancysdiettips Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also find that I drink more water if I use a straw in my glass. Seems ridiculous but works for me?
  • Itsjustme86
    Itsjustme86 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 20lbs by the end of march and to start and finish the learn to run 5km program!

Good luck with your goals everyone!!!
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks Marla for starting this group. Thanks Jess for letting me know about it.

Great to see my last 90 day challenge friends here.

My Goal for January is to exercise 300 minutes a week!
    Weigh and Measure my food.
    Make healthy food choices.
    Log all my food daily. Stay within my daily calorie goal set by MFP.

I find if I focus on doing the baby steps rather of being healthy I do a lot better than if I aim to lose 2 pounds a week or 5 pounds a month etc.
  • lcgoss
    lcgoss Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Luci and my goal is to follow the half marathon training and keep to it if my body allows. I just moved to Colorado from the east coast last summer and running at high altitude and at my age ( i will turn 50 by the end of this challenge) makes for a difficult challenge. For me it is a win win situation even if I can't make my goal I will be in better shape ( no injuries please)
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    Options
    My #1 Goal is to fully adjust to my new lifestyle!
    Which includes, being gluten-free, working with all my other food sensativities, and over all eating healthy wholsome foods that are made from scratch (open minded and creative). I will stick to my work-out schedule, enjoy the outdoores daily with my little family, be a good influence on my daughters and accomplish all of my "body-shaping" goals in the process! :-)
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    Jess,
    I hope you will choose your weigh in days, but post once a week...I will make every effort to do a checkin each Sunday for goals and progress. I weigh in on Thursdays and Sundays myself...why I don't know, but those have been the days I like :) keeps me on track for weekends I guess. I will see you each week :). We can do this!
    Marla
  • laura920
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group!

I have issues sticking to my goals so this should be a perfect fit, teaching me to stick to the goal of completing this challenge!

Beyond the goal of our group, I would like to lose 1 pound a week and continue to workout on a regular basis.

Looking forward to seeing all of you! :smile:

Laura
  • colliegirl50
    Options
    First goal met....joined a group! My next goal will be to stick with it. :-)
  • colliegirl50
    Options
    This will be a "Lucky" 2013! I see that I was the 33rd member to join this group and the number 3 has always been "lucky" for me. :-)

I'm excited by this 12 week challenge. My goals are to loose 15 pounds by the end of March and to fit movement into each and every day, be it actually working out or taking extra steps at work, parking further out in parking lots, walking the dog for an extra 5 minutes, standing more at my desk, etc. I believe even small things such as this add up.

I look to this group for support and I plan to lend whatever support and encouragement I can to others on this journey.

Best wishes to all of us. Ready......set..........GO!