Day 2 Challenge

Options
I'm loving all the amazing support and motivation that I'm feeling so far and we're just one day in!!! I want to tell all of you that you inspire me!! I don't care where you are starting - it means the world to me that you're here, that you care enough about yourself to do the work that needs to be done and that you're willing to put yourself out there for others. You are life changers, you are making a difference and you WILL be successful!! Thanks everyone for that!

Now...for Thursday's challenge! I know that we're all at difference levels physically, so if you can't do this challenge, I'd like you to modify it for yourself so that it is something you can do! For example, I plan to do the following routine for 10 minutes straight...so maybe if you can't do this set, instead you tack 10 minutes on to your walk or swim a few more laps etc... Report back to us what you did! :-) If you do complete this, tell us how many times you did it AND if you have a HRM or Fit Bit (or the like) tell us how many calories you burned!!!

20 Jumping Jacks
10 Burpies
20 Lunges (each leg)
10 Push-ups
10 Dips
20 Lunges (each leg)
20 Second Plank (you choose if on hands or forearms)
20 Tummy Tucks
20 Bicycle Crunches

Repeat (at least once!)

Replies

• Chrisxytme
    Chrisxytme Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    10 Burpies? What is a Burpie?
  • oAshlio
    oAshlio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I will have to look up what some of these are, but I have it all written down and ready to go for tomorrow!
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options

A Burpee http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burpee_(exercise)
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    10 Burpees
    20 Lunges (each leg)
    5 Push-ups
    10 Dips
    20 Lunges (each leg)
    20 Second Plank (you choose if on hands or forearms)
    20 Tummy Tucks

This is my list I will commit to for Day 2.
  • Chrisxytme
    Chrisxytme Posts: 44 Member
    Options

A Burpee http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burpee_(exercise)

Thanks
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Chris I want to know what you think of Burpees!
  • OliveDouglas
    Options
    I'm gonna commit to doing an extra 10 minutes on the elliptical machine tomorrow...Will let you all know how many calories I burn during my cardio session tomorrow :-)
  • meechster20001
    meechster20001 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

Glad you asked first! i'm in once I've checked what they all are and I know what I'm doing. Useful clip on youtube here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIQx1FiQt50
  • jessica_120214
    jessica_120214 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Burpies are the DEVIL!!
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    hhmmm...that workout looks familiar. lol i have adopted that circuit for a 2x per week workout and i must say it certainly helped my athleticism. i personally added squat jumps and i always finish with some sprints. however, i always did this outside and its been so cold lately i havent gone. however the freeze seems to be leaving so i will soon start again. and i may move to 3x per week since i will be scheduling baseball practices very soon. IM SO EXCITED!!!! XD
  • emailcrystalo
    emailcrystalo Posts: 252 Member
    Options

Burpies will soon be your ENEMY!! Ha! My kids LOVE to do them with me and they can crank them out like they're nothing and I'm usually collapsing on the floor! ha!
  • ashleygaspard
    ashleygaspard Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is a great challenge! I will definitely be posting them tomorrow along with calories burned! Thank you for this idea!
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I'll do it with your circuit :-)
  • littlekat1
    littlekat1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I did a 2.5 mile walk on my treadmill at 3.6 mph at a 2.5 incline and then 45 minutes of weight lifing (Les Mills Pump (Pump and Shred)).

The video had most of the exercises listed in it. :)

Burpees ARE the devil! :)
  • mymonty
    mymonty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have knee problems and can't do most of that challege, but i WILL go to Curves and work out and put in my numbers. I am on Curves Smart and I get a computerized report of how many calories I burned and my PI (Performance Indicator). The computer sets it, based on previous workouts (and I haven been in a coupe of months due to my back) and then I get a reading of what I did.

So that will be my Day 2 Challenge. Every little bit helps.
  • theladyxena
    theladyxena Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the challenge. Some of the exercises are doubtful (due to orthopedic problems), but I will give it my best shot to do 10 minutes. :)
  • mouse1977us24
    mouse1977us24 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have googled and understand all the exercises except Tummy Tuck. I find several very different exercises all being called Tummy Tucks.
  • floridapanthergirl
    floridapanthergirl Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I will commit to 500 calories of exercise by my HRM tomorrow. Yeah!
  • KarenJ15
    KarenJ15 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Burpies are the DEVIL!!
    I agree! LOL

I will do the challenge as best I can. I should be able to do most of it.

Are Dips tricep exercises?
    And not sure what the tummy tuck is.
  • Sarri93
    Sarri93 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Ooh this ought to be fun!
    I'm joining this boot camp twice a week starting tomorrow, but I'll be trying this as well. I think I can get through 10 minutes of it. Now as to how many reps I'll do.... That I'm not sure about :3