Welcome and Introductions

Options
124»

Replies

• lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Heather-

My sister has the same extra bone. So weird right?? Glad you're recovered now!

~E
  • kittylee79
    kittylee79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi all congratulations to everyone!

My name is Kirsty and I am from Glasgow. I just got engaged on New Year's Day to my fiance Jamie. We met in June 2012 so its been a whirlwind romance. We are looking to get married in November this year (2013) so quite soon! I have to lose some weight therefore before my wedding dress cut off around march/April. Would like to lose the weight before then so I can try my dream dress on with confidence and see what suits me best.

best of luck to everyone!

PS apparently I am on Team Blackeyed Susans...but i can't see a thread for the team in the forum...any hints?
  • Renegade408
    Options
    Considering we are all here for the same reason, hopefully we can lean on each other for support through this journey!

My name is Patti I have been engaged since October of this past year. We will be getting married in the fall of 2014, haven't settled on a date yet. Since the Big 10 has added two teams it will change the football schedule. So we are patiently waiting for them to release it. We are season ticket holders at Kinnick and would hate to miss a home game... Todd and I have been together for about 2 1/2 years.
  • lomins
    lomins Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I'm Lori. I have actually been engaged for a ridiculously long time but we have finally set a date. So now I have to get serious about my weight.
    I have been a yo yo dieter since high school and really want to take control of my weight once and for all. And I want to be healthy and strong at my wedding
    Wedding is set for New Year's Eve so I have just under a year.
    Excited to get to know everyone and encourage each other along the way!
  • michiganmanda
    michiganmanda Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm from Michigan, my fiance and met when we were at school in up in 'da UP even though we grew up only about 40 minutes apart in the Ann Arbor/Detroit area. I'm 24, will be 25 at the wedding September 28th 2013. We've been together about 4 & 1/2 years now. After we graduated college he had to move out to Nebraska for work while I stayed in Michigan for work, and this summer he proposed and finally found a new engineering job back home (in that order which was rather stressful!) and we moved in together.

I was never thin growing up and gained weight during college. When I started losing weight I had to lose 60 lbs to get to my doctor prescribed goal of 170 (I'm 5'10") and am a little over halfway there at 194. I was 200 lbs when I graduated high school so this is new territory for me as an adult!
  • ibfree1027
    ibfree1027 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Are you from Glasgow Virginia?
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My name is Amy, and I'm a 28 year old mother of 2. I moved to south centeral Pennsylvania in June. I was originally from the sticks in northeastern PA. This is my second time getting married, and I'm so excited. My date is August 10, 2013. My fiance is fantastic. He takes great care of me in every aspect and I could not ask for more. He proposed on Sept 28th, 2012 after only having been official for 1.5 months. That saying of "when it's right, you just know" is 100% true in my case. I had tried everything I could to get rid of him before we started dating and he stuck it out. He knew it would work out, I'm just glad I got slapped to my senses (seriously, my mother was seconds from whacking me upside the head..haha) before it was to late. I am starting this journey at 212lbs, and hope to make it to 175 before my wedding.
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hello & Congratulations to everyone!

My name is Erica, I am 27 years old. My fiancé and I have been together for 6 years. We got engaged at the end of October 2012. So far we have settled on a destination wedding in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. If all goes as planned it should be for April 2014 although we are still finalizing numbers of attendees and then we need to book the resort we want. I am planning on dress shopping for March. My goal weight is 145 lbs by March 1st which leaves me around 17 lbs to lose. My goal for the beach in 2014 is hopefully 120-125 lbs & toned. At my heaviest I was 192 lbs and now I am sitting at around 162 lbs.

I want to wish everyone great success in staying motivated and reaching their goals :)!
  • kenyabenya
    Options
    Heyyyyy ladies! My name is Kenya and im 23. My birthday is after my wedding ツ! Me and my other met threw a friend couple yrs ago. We started off as friends and became lovers. We are like twins in most things but we have many different quailties also.He is an army vet. He was injuried doing his services, God had other plans for him. We have to spoiled puppies name shadow and beauty. Thats our little happy family.

Im trying to get my highschool body back. I wanna look good in my dress and for my hubby.

Im glad to be apart of this, lets have fun and get healthy ladies!!
  • brown_organics
    brown_organics Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all the Brides to Be!!

My boyfriend proposed to me on Christmas and We are currently trying to cement the date for the wedding!

I am 35 years old and I have struggled with my weight for the past 2 years and I am super committed to losing weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle for myself and my future kids :)

I blog on brownorganics.com and I am super psyched about being apart of this group!!

Lets loose weight together!!!
    Kim