Daily Roll Call-Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Decided just a 2 day rest for 1st week Beginner. So, just started Week 2 and did Day 1, which was 20 minute workout. I have to say that even though I still have just as bad a cold as last week.. I didn't get as red faced or as exhausted this time & my recovery was so much faster!

Sorry if I'm making to many posts.
    Linda
  • kelcity
    kelcity Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Cardio Party nearly killed me on Monday. I only did about 20 minutes. Today I was supposed to so the 20 min workout, but i thought I would tackle Cardio Party again, and I did about 30 minutes of it. Hopefully I'll be able to get through the entire workout soon!
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Kelcity -- I'm sure you'll make it thru CardioParty, soon. Are you doing low impact version?

Today, I did the 20 Minute Work Out & Ab Jam. I feel great! I am definitely getting stronger, already.

Linda
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Linda! Great job and isn't it a great feeling to start to feel stronger?? I am feeling that way, too! I remember when doing the 20 min workout alone killed me, and now I'm able to add in MOST of the Ab Jam (still get out of breath or too sore and have to take breaks on the Ab Jam, but I am doing more and more!) And thank you for your comments, BUT... haha, well, I think I have been pushing myself too hard too fast, my back was hurting Wednesday so I didn't do the workout (I get sciatic pains and I was afraid of aggravating that), but Thursday I went to workout and did the Cardioparty that was scheduled, and I pulled a muscle from all the twisting punches! ugh, so I think I am trying TOO hard too soon! I've been stretching today and ice/heat and I am going to ATTEMPT to do the Turbo Sculpt and the Ab Jam that is scheduled, but we will see how my body feels after attempting the Turbo Sculpt. I've made it this far with no injuries except the last 2 days. I hope I'm healed enough to try something tomorrow because I have the weekend after that and will be out of town and hope to not become lazy and not get back into it! This is the first time in a long time I've felt motivated this long and am very disappointed that I pulled a muscle!

Kelcity - Keep going and you will get there! The first time I did Cardio Party I low-impacted it because I was barely hanging in there, and the next few I did a little more and a little more! If I can keep pushing at it and now I'm to where I can almost complete it, I know you can too! :)
  • tlatrice13
    tlatrice13 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I dragged myself out of bed and did...FAT BLASTER!!! All of it!!! Low Impact, but I got through it.
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Mimiteh -- Thank you! And, Yes, it feels great to be getting stronger.
    I hope you recover soon from the pulled muscle.

Tlatrice == Great job, Girl!!!!!!!

I did Cardio Party, today. I am exhausted, now...
    Linda
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Today, I did 20 minute work out & ab jam.
    Was tired and a little sore afterwards. Took hot shower & felt fantastic after that.
    Linda
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Today I did...

20 Min TJ
    Turbo Sculpt
    TF Core 20

It kicked my butt. But I feel awesome. :D
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Today, I did 20 Minute Workout.
    Linda
  • PeloMichelle
    PeloMichelle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    WTG Linda!! I've been mixing TJ with my ChaLEAN Extreme and Slim in 6. I'm so missing TJ and looking forward to a Cardio Party tonight :bigsmile:
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Thanks so much, 3Boyz!
    I just started Week 3 Beginners. I did 20 minute work out and Ab jam, today.
    Totally exhausted!
    Linda
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Did Cardio Party. It kicked my butt!
    Linda
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 of the beginner schedule, but technically it is my 1st full week of round 2 on the "beginner schedule" because I decided to restart the beginner schedule with week 3 and 4, so this 2nd round for me will be week 3, week 4, week 3, week 4, and then after that will see if I feel ready to try advanced schedule or not. I was afraid of going back to week 1 of the beginner schedule with the learn and burn and not being pushed enough and losing interest! Funny because a little over a month ago the learn and burn was a lot for me, but now I do the 20 min workout and if that is all by itself I'm like....what next? haha, I love that!! The cardio party 1 still kicks my but though. I am having issues with it affecting my knees also on the cardio party, but so far none of the other DVDs make my knees hurt, not even all the squatting and lunges in the Turbo sculpt, go figure!

Anyway, so I completed thursday's cardio party!
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Hey, Mimiteh. I experienced a knee problem yesterday with Cardio Party. It was at the beginning of the side squats and then the side kick part. (where you alternate sides). Chalean stated right at the moment I felt it in one of my knees to Not go so low in the squats if you have knee problem. I am thinking that maybe after I get more weight off, I'll be able to go lower on the squats... You do have to be very careful with your feet and leg positioning on Cardio Party or you can really hurt your knees. So, listen to her instructions carefully and do NOT go down low on things.

BTW, when I felt it in my knee, I immediately stopped squatting so low and the pain was gone. For me, just moving is great, anyway. When I can, I will go deeper into the moves.

During the ... Hmmmm. ... forgetting the name of the moves. There is a place that can really seriously hurt your knees if not done right. It is when she has you do an uppercut to the front and then you do a series of punches to the front while twisting from side to front... they are done pretty quickly. You have one foot to the front and you are supposed to keep your legs pretty wide apart but both facing forward... it is a series of cross punches, I think. The back foot you should kind of be on your toes or ball of that foot and when you twist you kinda rotate your ankle/foot from the front to the side... back and forth doing that. If you keep both feet forward during that and are sitting back too much on the back foot... you can injure your knee.

I'm not sure if I explained clearly... anyone is welcome to help me out here.

I am unable to do "plies" like she does at this stage in my life due to being too overweight and/or poor conditioning... not so flexible anymore. So, when she does things she has her toes pointing out to the sides more than I can and when I try to turn mine out more and squat ... that is when I will have pain in my knees. So, yes, be very careful with the twisting while bending knees, etc..

Hope that I've helped some.
    Linda
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Now, for my question...

Yesterday, I did Cardio Party. Then, 15 min. back exercises & push-ups. I was totally exhausted afterwards.

I'm wondering if perhaps I need to rest a day in between workout or am I just working out too hard. I really had to push it to do Cardio Party & got a little light-headed as I went to do planks (part of my back exercises). The push-ups were very difficult, today. Everything was very had for me. Shouldn't it all be getting easier? The only thing that has improved has been my recovery time from the Turbo Jam 20 Minute Work Out.

I am doing the Beginner Schedule and am on Week 3 - 3rd day. I don't feel like I have the energy & feel like I need to rest. The question of whether to push it or not, like yesterday, comes up or is my body truly telling me to rest? I should be doing at least 1 session of Back Exercises (15 minutes) daily and was trying to do push-ups every other day.

What do y'all think -- push it or listen to my body & rest today?

Thanks,
    Linda
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Well, started feeling better yesterday, so decided to do the exercise. Turbo Sculpt went well. Ended up not able to do Ab Jam or my back exercises due to being light-headed, again.
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Rest Day, today. I am going to have to take it easier... something is definitely wrong with me. Not sure exactly yet. Will likely be going to doctor, soon.

I will continue, but kinda at my own pace.
    May have to bring it down to low impact... darn it! I love High Impact!

Linda
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Cardio Party, done!
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Did Ab Jam the other day and did 20 Minute Work Out today!
    Where is everybody?
    Don't give up now!
    Linda
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Yesterday, I did Cardio Party! Took a very long time for the red in my face to go away. But recovery time as far as feeling revived was very fast!!!