Team Iris (SeptOctNovDec 2013 Brides! :)

Options

Replies

• Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Week two ends tonight! Hope you all are doing awesome! How'd you all do with the challenge? I though I did ok but a couple days defiantly through me - the getting 7+ hrs was a bit of a challenge on some days, but I am proud to report that with the exception of one day I tracked all my food, all food was under my goal, and I drink 10 glasses of water :)

@Colleen - Sorry to hear about your stressful week :( I hope next week goes better for you! Anything we can do to help??

@Denise - happy to hear that! that is reason to smile! great job!
  • Jill4165
    Jill4165 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello Team Iris! Week 2 was not a strong week for me. I maintained my current weight and didn't lose anything probably due to TOM. But I am going strong for week 3. My plan is to do the bridalicious bootcamp every night this week and really push myself out of my comfort zone. I have been doing well on my womens health eating plan and am now on week 4. Good luck with week 3 all :)
  • Amyp1012
    Options
    My week 2 was also not the best, hoping for a better week 3! We can do this :)
  • lomins
    lomins Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ugh. My week 2 was a bust as well. I stuck to my plan and really did the same things as week 1 but no loss. Maybe my body is just adjusting or water weight or tom. Still working it, I am not going to get discouraged. We can do this, ladies!

Go Team Iris!!!!
  • cedixon0
    Options
    I lost almost five pounds this week but struggled emotionally. Today, however I got a boost of energy and excitement - I said yes to the dress!!!!!! I ordered it a size smaller than the sample because the salesperson said I was gonna need it. So now it's serious - the dress has been ordered and it HAS TO FIT. lets have a great week three ladies!!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies.

My week wasn't good. I actually gained 4.2 lbs. The 5lb loss from the previous week I am chaulking up as a "fluke."

I know what caused me to gain -- lack of exercise, not enough water, dinner/lunch out (my parents were in town), retirement party, and a few cocktails. There was also a wide range of emotions because of all the different stressors that were (still are) in my life. I noticed when sadness sets in, there is no desire to do much else.

And when my self confidence is shot -- that's a tough one for me to redirect and remotivate myself.

Wedding wise, I got a purse - it matches my shoes. (Note: my dress isn't white).
    Why, a purse -- where else am I going to keep my lipstick, drivers license and possible tampons.

My parents gave us their gift -- lodging for the honeymoon. Orginally we planned a "stay at home" honeymoon. Now, with this gift, we are actually going somewhere.
  • lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Irises!

Congrats on your 10.47% loss this week! That is a lot of weight, ladies!!! I am following up on the Week 2 Results post that mentions changing how we report in for Week 3 and forward where I mentioned a Team Captain.

After struggling to track down weight and challenge results for 100+ brides for 2 sequential weeks, I think that the weekly tracking and reporting of weight and challenges will go much more smoothly if each bride reports in to their own team. From other challenges I've observed, messaging one member of your team (the "team captain") is the easiest and most efficient way to do this. You may pick anyone you wish to collate and report the info each week.

Once you have decided who is reporting in, let me know and I will send you the tracking form through email.

Also, the following is the current list of your brides:

- no report since sign-up
    - no report Week 2

Amyp1012 (Amy)
    arendiva (Rachel)
    boladefuego326
    cedixon0 (Colleen)
    clairecandolt (Claire) - no report since sign-up
    CynGetsThin (Cindy) - no report since sign-up
    denisek80 (Denise) - no report since sign-up
    Destanie_Robyn (Destanie)
    eamartel (Elizabeth) - no report since sign-up
    Erica262 (Erica) - no report Week 2
    exquisitecadavre (Emily)
    happyfitgirl (Teresa)
    irishgrim (Alli)
    Jill4165 (Jill)
    Jubersani (Juliana) - no report since sign-up
    klf24 (Kim) - no report since sign-up
    lildaug (Denise)
    lomins (Lori)
    Marrigot (Melissa)
    meglynne1987 (Meagan)
    michiganmanda (Amanda)
    missvalle (Mariana) - no report since sign-up
    nowgirl2004 (Erin)
    PlumCrazyGirl (Barb)
    thefitcompanion (Heather) - no report Week 2

If you all could follow-up and let me know who is still participating on your team, that would be great! I think one or two brides may be travelling or having family crisis, but with several thousand messages in my inbox I've lost track. With that in mind, we'll give everyone one more week to check in.

Thanks so much :)

~Elizabeth
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Who is our team leader?
  • lawyerette
    Options
    You guys pick :)
  • lildaug
    lildaug Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats ladies on our week 2 results. Awesome that we got third place in bigger loser and second place in the challenge. Keep up the good work. I'm so proud of us!
  • Jill4165
    Options
    Well if no one else wants to be the team leader I will happily do it. I am on MFP all the time so I don't think I would have a problem reporting our weigh ins and challenge points on Sundays :)
  • lomins
    lomins Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I second your nomination Jill!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Thank you Jill. Much appreciated.
  • lawyerette
    Options
    Jill- Send me your email in private message and we'll get you set up for next weekend. Thanks for helping out!!! ~Ebeth
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jill for stepping up! It is appreciated! Also congrats to all our brides out their! I think we are setting a good pattern of being in the top three for weight and challenge pts!!
  • lawyerette
    Options
    Thanks for volunteering, Jill! I really appreciate it. It shouldn't be too hard. All of the Irises will report their current weight (not change in weight but the actual number in pounds) and their challenge points on Sunday. You'll just send them on to me once you have them all on Sunday and I will run the spreadsheet and post the results by Monday. If you could let me know who is still participating from the list posted to your discussion thread yesterday (and any updated weights for your brides that forgot to report in), that would be great!

Thanks again, Irises. Good luck in Week 3!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Morning ladies --- I am a bit behind so I do request your forgiveness.

Regarding the Challenges -- well, wasn't tracking them because I wasn't learning what they were.

This week's challenge -- here's my obstacle -- tracking of sodium. See, I use a composition book to journal my food. At times, I find this site a bit frustrating finding the exact match of what I am eating. For example, I felt there was a lot of "guessimate" if that slice of pizza (from a local Mom/Pop) is equivalent to a national chain. So I had stopped using the food journal here. At the beginning of January, I started the composition book -- and yes, I did skip days last week.

I will get on board beginning today. Offers of motivation, encouragement and/or kick in the butt via any medium would be greatly appreciated.
    Perhaps, we can remind each other of the challenge (or parts of) on a frequent basis.

Here's the start -- "How much sleep did you get Tuesday evening?" Um, let's see for me, estimate asleep 11:30pm -- crawled out of bed around 6:30am after hitting snooze numerous times. So the sleep hours seem to be 7 hours.

Wishing all a successful day. It's frigid in NJ today.
  • Jill4165
    Options
    Thanks Ladies :) I look forward to being your team captain. Go Team Iris! I am going to be better about tracking my challenge points as well this week. Good luck this week everyone. I am challenging myself to a great workout tonight last night I was so unmotivated I worked out but really didn't push myself.
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Drinking 1 can of diet soda w/my lunch.
    NO Sodium, NO Calories, NO Carbs, NO Sugars, NO Fat

It's Waist Watcher brand. I only purchase it when it's on sale.
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Let's not get hung up on not having a loss or meeting a goal as quickly as we want to.
    Instead, celebrate what did go well for you in the week.

Wishing all a good weekend.