Team Iris (SeptOctNovDec 2013 Brides! :)

Options

Replies

• Jill4165
    Jill4165 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I agree gotta stay focused on the long term goals here. I do not lose weight quickly and sometimes I get discouraged but I know I just gotta keep at it and the results will come in time. Hope everyone had a wonderful week and dont forget to get me those weigh ins and challenge points on Sunday :)
  • irishgrim
    Options
    Thanks Ladies :) I look forward to being your team captain. Go Team Iris! I am going to be better about tracking my challenge points as well this week. Good luck this week everyone. I am challenging myself to a great workout tonight last night I was so unmotivated I worked out but really didn't push myself.

Thanks Jill for stepping up!!!
  • lildaug
    lildaug Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Just checking in to see how you all did with week 3 weigh in and challenge. I did good for the week with tracking my food and staying within my calories. I lost 1 lb. I did 3 days of arm exercising (with other strength training). The other days I just did cardio.

I'll be in Germany on Tuesday and Wednesday for work. I'm a bit nervous as I'm not sure what food choices will be available and if they will be healthy. I'll be so busy that I won't have time to work out. I will do as best as I can. I hiked for 3 hrs today and I'll work out extra hard tomorrow.

Have a good week!
  • Jill4165
    Options
    Excellent job on reporting in for week 3 Team Iris!! There were only about 2 people I didn't hear from this week. Looks like everyone is staying motivated and working hard towards their goal. I just looked on the spreadsheet and one of my goals is to get to 179 I can't wait till I get there. I know I can do it! Keep working hard this week Team Iris on Week 4. We can do this :)
  • happyfitgirl
    happyfitgirl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was really good over the weekend, and hope to carry that success all the way through this week! I definitely want to see results on my next weigh in! :) Good luck this week Team Iris!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Did I miss what week 4 challenges are? Someone clue me in ... thank you!
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Same here... Do we know what week 4 challenge is??
  • lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Posted at the top of the discussion boards now :)
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Ok, ladies, the week 4 challenges are posted.

Again, I see my weakness is tracking sugar, why, because I don't like this site's food diary. It seems I search and search and search for that "right" description of what I eat. Or I need to figure out calories and such from a home made item. Especially when I'm throwing leftovers together to create another meal.

For example, I made chicken last night...used two cooked chicken breasts (leftover from a previous meal), mixed some cream cheese and jar salsa together. Served the salsa mix over the chicken. Also topped the salsa mix w/grated cheddar cheese. Now since I used a bit of this and a bit of that -- heck, I don't know the measurement size of the salsa, cream cheese, cheddar cheese. And we had leftover chicken and cream cheese/salsa mix. Will say it was a very tasty dinner!

I feel I will be successful with tracking in my own journal; water intake; miles; sleep and I typically read 15 to 30 minutes a day.
  • Jill4165
    Options
    Good luck on this week's star challenge Team Iris. I know we can do it. I am really going to try and keep really good track of my challenge points. I had a harder time with the sodium last week I think I'll do better with the sugar tracking. I have really been trying to push myself with my workouts. Its so awesome to start feeling and looking stronger each day. I gotta say I feel my core and arms really starting to tone up.
  • lawyerette
    Options
    Hello Irises!

I think I might be the only one of us who had never watched The Biggest Loser on television before... at least until last night!!!! I only caught the weigh-in portion at the end, but wow! It was so much fun to see them in person doing what we are doing online :)

One thing I thought was interesting was the friendly competition between teammates and the mutual encouragement based on the previous week's results. It got me thinking that you all might feel more like a team if you are more cohesive in our support of one another and, perhaps, by challenging one another to see which of you can be the top loss on your team.

With that in mind, I'm posting your internal team rankings. I will be providing the same sort of info to the other teams as well. I hope you will work together to encourage one another. Also, if no one on your team is experienced in diet/nutritional planning, I'm willing to help out with that. Good luck, ladies!

nbdbbb.jpg
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    I have not watched "The Biggest Loser" tv show. Have no plans to.

Reality tv shows do not interest me.

Sure, IF I was in an enviroment where individuals told me what exercises to do - how many exercises to do and watched my food - yeah I would lose weight. Sure, take me away from my life responsibilities and allow me to focus on me -- yeah, I would lose weight.

Kudos for those who are on the show. I applaud their efforts.

I am not one to say "Oooh, gotta record or get home to watch __________ (insert name of show)." I'm just not a tv person.

At times I laugh because I hear others get angry because their favorite got kicked off one of their shows (let's just say American Idol). Or stated seeing (insert name of person) leave the show (let's just say The Bachelor) made me cry. Kinda funny to hear others feel such emotions over a tv show.

Biting my tongue is best or I'll shout out "Get a life - it's a tv show -- of course they have to add drama for the ratings."

Sorry, tv and sports are just pet peeves of mine. Let's just say in first marriage I had to prepare meals around tv shows (his favorite shows). Thanksgiving dinner had to during football halftime. (And I don't like sports!)

New hubby to be -- he's like me -- rather read a book than watch tv or follow a sports team.
    And we like the library!
  • cedixon0
    Options
    I feel like I've misplaced my motivation! I only lost 1 lb last week, which is a loss, but still . . . with only eating 1200 calories/day and working out three times a week for at least 30 mins, scientifically speaking I should have lost at least 2 - more like 2.5! I'm just going to assume it's my body correcting for the 5 lbs I lost the week before. But I will admit I did kind of binge eat a little on Sunday - got a chicken toaster from Sonic with some tator tots and ate ALL OF IT. First fast food I've had in . . . well, I don't know how long.

I think I need to change up some of my routine maybe. Instead of going to the gym tonight, I am going to try to do my new Zumba for the Wii and see how that works. Add that to some strength exercises on the Wii Fit and I think I'm set. Or at least that's my plan!

How is everyone else doing out there this Tuesday?
  • lawyerette
    Options
    Colleen-

You aren't eating enough, lady. You need to be up around 1400 (of the RIGHT foods) and I promise you'll drop 2-3lbs a week. Let me know if you want help with your meal planning. I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but I PROMISE you results.

Good luck and happy Tuesday!

~beth
  • cedixon0
    Options
    Beth - thanks for the offer. I have meals planned out already for the week but may take you up on some advice next week. Thanks! -colleen
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Sorry ladies, I experienced a minor setback. Last night the weather would have been fine for an outdoor walk. After dinner (chicken salad) I laid down on the couch around 7pm & quickly fell asleep.

I'll be able to walk 2 miles at the gym today.

My day is starting out very hungry -- craving for foods I normally do not purchase from our building's cafe -- eggs, bacon and tator tots. So what I packed for breakfast (yogurt & cereal) will be lunch. Dinner is early tonight -- it's a final class date and the instructor is bringing in food. What she's bringing in is unknown.

Wishing all a good day.
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Options
    I have not watched "The Biggest Loser" tv show. Have no plans to.

Reality tv shows do not interest me.

Sure, IF I was in an enviroment where individuals told me what exercises to do - how many exercises to do and watched my food - yeah I would lose weight. Sure, take me away from my life responsibilities and allow me to focus on me -- yeah, I would lose weight.

Kudos for those who are on the show. I applaud their efforts.

I am not one to say "Oooh, gotta record or get home to watch __________ (insert name of show)." I'm just not a tv person.

At times I laugh because I hear others get angry because their favorite got kicked off one of their shows (let's just say American Idol). Or stated seeing (insert name of person) leave the show (let's just say The Bachelor) made me cry. Kinda funny to hear others feel such emotions over a tv show.

Biting my tongue is best or I'll shout out "Get a life - it's a tv show -- of course they have to add drama for the ratings."

Sorry, tv and sports are just pet peeves of mine. Let's just say in first marriage I had to prepare meals around tv shows (his favorite shows). Thanksgiving dinner had to during football halftime. (And I don't like sports!)

New hubby to be -- he's like me -- rather read a book than watch tv or follow a sports team.
    And we like the library!

That's understandable I think i'd hate TV too if I was with someone who was that obsessed with it!
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Options
    Hi all,
    Just wanted to pop by and see how everyone is doing ... this week has been kind of a wash for me been busy, busy busy... let see had to give a presentation on Monday .. Tuesday I found out last minute that I had to give another presentation on Thursday.. Wednesday I had a midterm in neurodevelopment, and now today - Thursday I had to give that presentation this morning, then head to another meeting, then to the lab .. where I have been since working out an experiment - hopefully my new flow panel will be wonderful with no issues!!! Fingers crossed. Since its 11 pm I missed the gym tonight so I will try for a morning run tomorrow. Hope everyone else's week is a little less hectic!

Great job to all our brides this week
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    One of my facebook friends sent me a "FAB AB FEBRUARY" workout.
    For 6 days a week, you do sit-ups, push-ups and plank. Each day the number you do increases.

The month starts with 10 sit-ups, 4 push-ups and 10 seconds of plank.
    The month ends with 100 sit-ups, 25 push-ups and 2 minutes of plank.

Anyone interested in doing this with me? If so, message me ....

Wedding wise -- had an appointment w/the florist and gave deposit.
    Was given prices for every floral arrangement I was interested -- knowing that I may not want or need it all.
    For example, no need to order my Godmother's flowers if she's not able to make it.
  • michiganmanda
    michiganmanda Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm having a very rough week. I have been under my calorie goal every day and have been exercising but for some reason I have actually gained 2 pounds! The only positive is that I have a body comp scale and my % fat has not gone up at all. I'm hoping I at least gained some muscle weight (but 2 pounds in one week is a stretch I know....) I basically started with no muscle. 2 years ago I weighed 230 (192 now) and basically did not exercise at all. I was working at a job with great pay and benefits, but hours of 5:30pm to 2:30 AM so I had no friends available to do things when I was free and could sleep in as much as I wanted.

Thankfully last August I got promoted to a day job within the same company and have been able to be more active. I had this weird mind set that I wasn't aerobically fit because of the weight, but now that I'm 2/3ds the way to my goal (doc says I'm supposed to be 170 for my height) I didn't suddenly become strong or good at running...

I'm hoping to do the Fab Ab February with PlumCrazyGirl (I messaged you) so that should help!

Also I have been eating most of my fitness calories. Do you think I should stop at the 1650/day I start with? Thanks for the support!