Challenge 1- No sweets/sugars

Options
Honeytips
Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
Hi guys,

Okay, let's get moving and make this the best challenge ever!! I can't wait for the end of the 10 weeks to see everyone's results!!

Here's our first (I hope official) challenge; Week 1- No sweets/sugars (so any candy, cakes, sodas, juices etc are out) - I have to give props to Fat2Fit145 who suggested it on http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/834018-weekly-challenges

Starting from Monday 7 January and going until Sunday 13 January we rule out all sweets and sugars from our diets. It will be great if you can pop back into here and report daily/whenever you can and let us know how you're doing - any hudles you met and surpassed etc. I know personally this is a huuuuuge challenge for me and I can't wait to see how I go!!

Best of luck everyone!!! :smile:

Replies

• Lifestyle_change_get_fit
    Options
    ok great first weeks challenge :)
  • GoingAllTheWay4MeDee
    Options
    Yes, great challenge!!! It's on!!!
  • bellavita0125
    bellavita0125 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    good idea. it will be tough trying to ignore the ice cream in the freezer but i can do it!
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    ohhhh Tough but wil do it afterall its just a week yessss:bigsmile:
  • Honeytips
    Options
    @bellavita0125 - I threw away the last of the apple pie last night but couldn't bear to do the same to my jello pudding so I've stuck it to the back of the freezer, hidden away behind frozen veggies.
    What do you guys think of sugars in fruit? Nay or Yay? I'm thinking of alternatives so I'm thinking fruit might be the best way to go either that or I'll just go cold turkey.
  • skeeler03
    skeeler03 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ooohhh, that's a tough one. I definitely need it. I'm in.

I will be eating fruit, though.
  • msartishia
    msartishia Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    OK I guess I can do that. How does that work with coffee though cause I can't do black coffee.
  • nmglay
    nmglay Posts: 69
    Options
    Sounds good to me!
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I will do it but for my tea I use honey still a sweet but I need to use a lot less and can;t stand black tea. I will also be having fruit and are we going to say no to artifical sweeteners ( don't use any except for crystal light)?
  • akj_25
    akj_25 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    ok i am doing for it no sweets.

this is tough for me because my husband has the worst sweet tooth and the metabolism to handle it. so there are always sweets in the house.

- but one day at a time - i can do this -

but i am keeping my Diet Mountain Dew.

HERE'S TO LOSING (WEIGHT THAT IS)!!
  • Seasidedebbie
    Seasidedebbie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am in. This will be hard as I travel and do not always have control over my meals.

I will be eating fruits.
  • Rochie81
    Rochie81 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in!!!
  • healthymebetterme
    Options
    Challenge #1, bring it!

No fizzy juice, cakes or sweets for me.

OH still can't give up his Irn Bru so there will be plenty temptation in the house. Suppose that's what makes it a challenge.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. So glad we're starting tomorrow tho b/c i have a slice of cake in the fridge i am saving for dessert later.
  • suzan06
    suzan06 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am in. I drink a diet coke every day, but other than that I am in! I just made granola bars with the kids with almost no sugar, I count things like that as ok, sine the primary taste is not the sweetness. But I am not a no-sugar purist, I am more a fan of way way way less sugar being ok in homemade stuff.
  • Honeytips
    Options
    Okay, for the tea/coffee drinkers how about if we say you can sweeten with the artificial stuff with no sugar/sugar replacer (spenda, xylitol etc) or use agave. For the soda drinkers - sugar free/diet is allowed.
    It's Monday here in Australia so I'm going to see how I make it through my first day!! When I crave sweets I'm going to down a big glass of water (and hopefully up my water intake as I go)
  • mommyplus3
    Options
    I'm in! I have the biggest sweet tooth so this is going to be one tough challenge!
  • msdani12
    msdani12 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • SchoolDaze
    Options
    I am definitely in!
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Ok, so you cleared up a question I had. So, we are officially in Week 1, starting tomorrow? January 7?