Challenge 1- No sweets/sugars

Options

Replies

• Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    ETA: OH NO!!! I just realized! Today, one of my snacks was: Quaker Oatmeal: Lower Sugar Apple & Cinnamon YIKES!!! So I guess I didn't do as good as I thought?!? is there added sugar in this? Everything else on my menu is natural sugars, I think. The only other questionable item is the protein powder has 3 grams. UGH... OH NO... Also, the salad dressing I had: Balsamic Vinaigrette has 3 grams of sugar ~ Double UGH!

I guess I didn't do as good as I thought!

Don't beat yourself up...you are doing quite well!! I've been having protein shakes as well and if I look closer at other things I'm sure that I'll find there's more sugar than I realise...
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Um no. I don't really believe in giving up food for a diet. I can see how it might be good for some people, if you want to limit the amount you eat, but completely giving it up definitely will not help me as I will crave it more and probably overeat in the end. Good luck everyone though!
  • ellabelle0310
    ellabelle0310 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Sweets aren't really too much of a problem for me, so today was a success!
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Oh god, I haven't gotten a chance to get active on here, with scheduling classes and god knows everything else.

I'm not a normal sweet eater, actually almost never, but I ate CCF for the first time today... :'(
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I missed this thread yesterday, but I've cut sweets from my diet since last Thursday, so I'm ok. I do use Slimfast at breakfast, but it's a meal rather than a treat/sweet (even though it does contain sugar). I've been having good luck drinking one shake at breakfast and feeling pretty even-keeled until I eat a healthy lunch.
  • becky210
    becky210 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Okay, I will try from here on out! I will really try!
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    ETA: OH NO!!! I just realized! Today, one of my snacks was: Quaker Oatmeal: Lower Sugar Apple & Cinnamon YIKES!!! So I guess I didn't do as good as I thought?!? is there added sugar in this? Everything else on my menu is natural sugars, I think. The only other questionable item is the protein powder has 3 grams. UGH... OH NO... Also, the salad dressing I had: Balsamic Vinaigrette has 3 grams of sugar ~ Double UGH!

I guess I didn't do as good as I thought!

Don't beat yourself up...you are doing quite well!! I've been having protein shakes as well and if I look closer at other things I'm sure that I'll find there's more sugar than I realise...

Whew ! Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Had peanut butter today. But for the first time in a long time I was below my sugar goal :)
  • mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm in...I love...love...LOVE sweets so this will be a major challenge...but I'm going to do it...There are NO sweets in my house...no ice cream, no cookies, no candy...I hope I don't eat my pillow in my sleep!
  • SensationalChange2013
    Options
    Just saw this thread. i'm totally in. I haven't been having much sugar in the last week any how, so hopefully it won't be too hard.
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm in...I love...love...LOVE sweets so this will be a major challenge...but I'm going to do it...There are NO sweets in my house...no ice cream, no cookies, no candy...I hope I don't eat my pillow in my sleep!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I am in. I drink only 1 soda a day, if that sometimes.. My big downfall lately has been candy. During halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and into New Year's, everyone had candy and sweets at work. So no candy has been tough so far. Since 1Jan, I've decided no candy all month. I feel better already without all that in my system!
  • akj_25
    akj_25 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    yesterday i did good - except my dtr got me really frustrated so by the end of the night i let myself have 3 peppermint hershey kisses. - which is still awesome for me because i have the biggest sweet tooth and there are tons of temptations in this house.

today is going to be challenging because first i plan to donate blood and they always have the best cookies after. then i have a work meeting that typically involves doughnuts. then i will be running around all day so finding a good healthy meal on the run for me and my dtr will be its own challenge (and to not give in to the Mcdonalds drive thru)
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    How are yall doing on this second day of NO SWEETS? Well im doin pretty ok, didnt think about my coffee this morning, unlike yesterday.... I have an apple here, so gonna munch on that a bit later. 5 more days to go...LETS DO THIS! :)
  • mlcharb
    mlcharb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I did pretty good on day one. My big thing is chocolate and candy so I'm proud to say I managed to stay away from those type of sweets.
  • that_tall_girl
    that_tall_girl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm on a low-carb diet - no sweets for me anyway! Unless you count the occasional post-workout apple. :smile:
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I'm out of this one! I need my after dinner snack! I need it BAD! lol
  • amandagriffin87
    Options
    well I am drinking more water and green tea black, i have 1 can of coke zero a day! and I have a great shake every morning, I started Saturday and 3 days later Im down 5.2 lbs already, I watch what i eat, stay under 1400 a day, cut out alot of sugar, just natural sugars in fruit.
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Great to ready everyone's comments and how you guys are going.

Last night we went grocery shopping and it was quite an interesting experience. I never realised how many things you automatically reach for and pop into your trolley on a whim because you're so accustom picking them up. The hardest for me was definitely going down the buiscuit and chocolate aisles - sure I know you should pass them straight but the chocolate aisle is where they have the magazines (got to have my weekly gossip rag!!) and well my husband needed to go down to the biscuit aisle to stock up on rice crackers.

It's Wednesday, start of day three for me and I will continue keeping strong. What helps a lot -I'm in the exercise and water challenge and whenever my body is telling me to just run to the shop and get some chocolate I have a big swig of water instead!! Killing two challenges with one stone if I can say so :laugh:
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    But.. egg nog!. .I have one quart left!. . lol.