Challenge 1- No sweets/sugars

Options

Replies

• kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i already do this because i don't have a sweet tooth at all except for fruit.but its definitely a great idea. :)
  • kayfrog
    kayfrog Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    This shall be fun :) Looking forward to seeing how much my body will change during these 10 weeks.
  • shelle2010
    Options
    We can do this!!! I'm in :)
  • seligcrystal
    seligcrystal Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in another challenge and This is the week 1 challenge as well. Although I'm going to struggle big time, but I will do my best
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    ok its Monday Morning here & am definitely up for the challenge:bigsmile: no sugar for 1 week yayyyy

U guys r too good & motivating

lets see what will we be aftr 10 weeks :wink:
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Wait...so do the 90 calorie Fiber One brownies not count? Other wise I am in.
  • SynicalEnvee
    Options
    I've been drinking cranberry juice to help with some of the things going on with me. (Doctor recommended). So I will be drinking cranberry juice but its just going to be that. No soda. No candies and no cake.
  • Ressie1
    Ressie1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in. I went to new doctor on Friday who specializes in Nutrition. He and his dietician both said NO SUGAR for me. I am currently pre-diabetic due to my being on steroids for almost 5 years now. I'm excited to see how this is going to go seeing how I'd rather eat cookies or a piece of cake other than regular food. I have cut down on sweets but have never cut off sweets. Two days down so far so good. :) Good luck everyone. LET'S MAKE 2013 OUR YEAR!
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My downfall is chocolate but I am going to give it up!!

Also please don't use artificial sweeteners your body has no idea what to do with them. If you ned to add sweetness use agave syrup at least its natural sugar.

We cannot eliminate sugar all together our bodies need it for energy, any natural sugar in fruit and veggies is ok, just nothing processed. Yes white table sugar is processed, google the process and you will be horrified at what they do with cane and beet to make that white stuff we all use!

I am making a real effort to eat clean, nothing processed at all.

Good luck everyone. We can do this together.

Mandy xxx
  • marcelka77
    marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I am in - I can avoid chocolate - o yes I can

O this is going to be hard !!!!! I am pretty good see my diary .... But usually have 1/2 chocolate coin :( I drink unsweetened drink anyway and I will avoid diet coke ;)
  • hifromjamers1984
    hifromjamers1984 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    It's on like Donkey Kong!
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I've made it through Monday!! Whoot-whoot!! You know what? I never realised just how many sweet shops and bakeries there are between the bus stop and my house!! (mind you, I have to pass through a mall to get home).
    Found that I didn't even craze anything sweet today not even when my husband sat infront of me and ate two jello pudding cups after I told him that I wasn't going to touch them :grumble: - ah well, I guess that they're no longer in the fridge to tease me.
    So how are you guys going today? Ready to tell the sugar demons to go to h%ll? :devil:
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    @rduhlir - sorry, I've never heard of the Fibre One Brownies but they sound like a definite dessert (I googled it and the first thing that came up had chocolate fudge and that might be defeating the purpose of the challenge) even for a low calorie snack. Anyone else wants to chime in to this?
    @bubblybabeuk - you've got me curious....going to have to read on exactly how they make table sugar (I'm scared!!!)
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    this will be my second week with no sugar,no fruit either..I am onboard with this challenge!
  • marcelka77
    marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Wow no fruit you are taking extra step ;)
  • Glassgal01
    Glassgal01 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to start week 1 Challenge, Here we go! :0
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm in for soda, cakes and biscuits. Definitely not giving up my fruit and I have one glass of orange juice a day which I will continue to have. So, let's see how we all do - good luck all!
  • matcartmill
    matcartmill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

Though I will be eating fruits and vegetables, and drinking diet soft drinks.
  • annakam2012
    annakam2012 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    great!! I'm in!
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    So I am sorta missing my morning coffee, this will be my hardest challenge, but i am sticking to this for the week.....All the Best everyone :)