Let's find some more active MPF horse folks

Options
13»

Replies

• luvriden
    luvriden Posts: 52
    Options
    I started MFP on January 1st and love it. I am also an avid trail horse rider in NE. I ride gaited horses. I have a Kentucky Mountain Saddle horse, a Missouri Foxtrotter and a grade gaited horse that we think is a Spotted Saddle Horse (he is an adopted rescue).
    I love trail riding, horse camping, CTR's and want to do a few LD Endurance rides. I love long hours and lots of miles in the saddle.
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi Kidostud, are you riding treeless? Looks like it in your photos. I've been treeless for nearly a year and wouldn't go back!

Hi Okapi,
    Yes, I'm riding this guy treeless, because my other saddle is too narrow for him. He is very wide barreled and has got a round and fleshy wither, so finding a saddle for him is kind of hard. I'm also sick and tired of having to change saddles as they mature and change shape - really can't afford it! I love my treeless saddle, though. It took some time to get used to it - I'm used to my western saddle! But, now I absolutely love it and so does my horse!
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hi Kidostud, are you riding treeless? Looks like it in your photos. I've been treeless for nearly a year and wouldn't go back!

Hi Okapi,
    Yes, I'm riding this guy treeless, because my other saddle is too narrow for him. He is very wide barreled and has got a round and fleshy wither, so finding a saddle for him is kind of hard. I'm also sick and tired of having to change saddles as they mature and change shape - really can't afford it! I love my treeless saddle, though. It took some time to get used to it - I'm used to my western saddle! But, now I absolutely love it and so does my horse!

That's why I first went treeless. I was riding youngsters for someone who didn't care how his saddles fit - he kept losing his blanket while cantering! - and it wasn't doing their backs any good, so I bought a saddle that would fit anything...
  • Muff51
    Muff51 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi
    I am new to MFP. I have an older warmblood mare with whom I used to compete in the hunters. We have moved quite a few times, gone through a divorce, had a baby and traveled together for many years. We have had crushes on geldings, stallions and a date with the Fed ex man which resulted in a beautiful colt. :heart:
    I love the feeling of climbing on my old girl and twisting my fingers through her mane as her large bay body sways back and forth to the walk. It is pure heaven.
    I wish everyone happiness and success!
    All The Best!:flowerforyou: