How much do you pay in Gym Membership?

Options

Replies

• herebeeri
    herebeeri Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    £60 a month at Nuffield Health Wimbledon (London) with corporate discount (!). Includes all classes including Les Mills, Zumba, Yoga, Pilates etc... and has pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. I *hate* the gym though and am happy to say I've cancelled my membership after not using it for 6 months - I'm now getting much more exercise taking brisk walks at lunch time and after dinner and cycling at the weekends (when it's not snowing that is!) - started 30 Day Shred yesterday too so not missing the gym at all! :)
  • pblevitt
    pblevitt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    £9.99 per month - Xercise4less. No pool, sauna, towels etc. Majority of classes (inc Les Mills) except instructor specific ones. :smile:
  • lucysmommy
    Options
    £20 for glasgow club (£15 cheaper as i have NHS discount applied)
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Thegymgroup dot com: £10.99 a month. I use the one in Nottingham and it's great - open 24/7, all the equipment you could ever need, massive, good staff, clean and easy. No pool or frills, but value for money.
    Wow, that looks a great deal. Is it very busy? The gym I go to (ROKO) is so busy, and much of the equipment is now getting old. I went to a class last night and had to wait for a parking space, which made me late for class... and they are STILL showing people around, and signing new members, (at least 2 or 3 every night)
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at Virgin Active and I pay £37/month. I am on the limited hours option, which works out fine for me.

There are far too many cardio machines, all sorts of group exercise classes, a couple of pools, saunas in the locker rooms, spa, cafe, internet, etc. etc. but not quite enough in the way of free weights considering the number of people using them at any given time. Also, I only really go to the gym for the free weights, so all the other stuff is overkill for me. I suspect I could find a better fit elsewhere, but this particular gym was within walking distance (kind of a long walk, but ok) and cost a bit less per month than the totally useless place I was a member of before.
  • sherylloveschocolate2much
    Options
    I pay 10.99 a month at pure gym but considering moving to virgin active but it's the price that puts me off
  • jst1986
    jst1986 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Another Pure Gymer here at £18 per month. Does everything I want.
  • Glendower
    Glendower Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I pay £22-99 for membership of two leisure centres. Between them they have everything, fitness room, pools, saunas and any indoor sport you can think of including rock climbing. Mind you, I am a "wrinkley" do I do get it a bit cheaper.
  • F1uffy123
    F1uffy123 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I used to pay £65 a month at Esporta, but I wasn't really using the swimming pool and sauna etc so now go to a chain called 'the Gym' and pay £10.99 a month. Huge gym. Great facilities and free classes. It's 24/7 too.

http://www.thegymgroup.com
  • CoulsdonEagle
    Options
    there's a new leisure centre just opened not far from me, i'm going to have a look and see what's on offer, there is a local Gym4all, but not too keen on that one
  • DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Ok, ready to point and laugh?

£30 per month for the gym (ish) - FX Leisure, includes free weights, machines, usual cardio stuff, video jukebox in the main area, 3-4 class rooms and a pool. Oh and randomly they do free DVD hire.

£199 per month personal trainers. Ouch. but had great progress from it so keeping it going for now. What price to get where you want to eh?
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I've paid between £25 and £71 per month at various places.
    Now got a squat/press rack set up at my work unit. Just got some more weights so should keep me going to 150kg; hopefully will have sorted an olympic bar before then to take more.
    Also got a rower and multigym, at some point will get a crosstrainer back from a friend.

Nice not having to weight for a rack and being able to get some work done between sets.
  • gbozward
    gbozward Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I pay £86 per month for 2 people, at the refurbished council gym - although it also gives me access to sports halls and a running track (never visited) and free classes.

Lots of new machines and knowledgeable staff too. a pretty good deal for South West London
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Prices vary greatly where I am in Norwich however with the arrival of a couple of budget gyms the higher end places are now cutting their prices.

Nuffield - around £53 per month (previously around £60)
    Virgin Active - around £49 per month (previously around £65)

Smaller gyms are around £40 per month

Lottery funded pool/gym £33 per month

Budget gyms are around £15 per month or £5 per guest pass
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I'm very lucky that there is a not-for-profit gym at work - £10/month.
    Fairly small and busy but equipment is good quality. It's working out at about 50 pence a workout so can't complain!

Big "thank you" to all the inactive members that are subsidising the active members. :happy:
  • Bealach_Bug
    Options
    £50.00 per month, which includes personal training (its automatically included in the membership) and all gym classes, sauna and steam room. I get three sessions a week with a PT and two metafit classes and two kettlercise classes and a fab dynamic stretch class at the end of the week.

There's also access to physios and a biomechanics coach, but you have to pay extra.
  • gvdoliver
    gvdoliver Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I use DW Fitness, £38 per month, better is you buy a year up front, you get 2 months free. DW has it all and all with no extra costs, I'd go for cheaper but they are all over the place so I can pop in depending where I ma for work
  • lee_ramsell83
    Options
    £21 a month at my gym; nothing special just a nice, small little gym with plenty of equipment and its not stupidly busy either!
  • Jason3589
    Options
    I use Lifestyle Fitness and it only costs me £12.99 per month

http://www.lifestylefitness.co.uk/index.php/clubs/darlington
  • Nicks_scotland
    Options
    Ok, ready to point and laugh?

£30 per month for the gym (ish) - FX Leisure, includes free weights, machines, usual cardio stuff, video jukebox in the main area, 3-4 class rooms and a pool. Oh and randomly they do free DVD hire.

£199 per month personal trainers. Ouch. but had great progress from it so keeping it going for now. What price to get where you want to eh?

*points but doesn't laugh*

I pay £12.50 per month for unlimited use to our brand new council sports centre and have free use of the pool at the local hotel too. The price includes all and any classes as well as the gym.

£199 a month ??? - I think the personal trainer that uses my gym is £17.50 per hour. Exactly how many trainers/hours are you getting for that price?? Although, it does seem to be working at least.... :)