Cycle 1 Progress!

Options

Replies

• LisaLou009
    LisaLou009 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am C1D15 with 9 pounds loss! No cheat meals at all and no exercise either. I feel more energetic and my clothes feel better! I cant wait for brown rice and sweet potatoes and lean pork chops! This diet is amazing!!!

So close to C2! I can't wait to get there! Although, I'm still trying to figure out how I will eat my carbs at lunch and not dinner.

Today is C1D5 and feeling pretty good. I'm in a pair of pants that are a size smaller. In all fairness, my regular size had been a little baggy on me before so I don't think it's right to say I dropped a pants size in 5 days, but it certainly helped! :) I was down another pound this morning for a total of 6 pounds.
  • moveitmoveit
    moveitmoveit Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Now on C2D2....

Down 6, but the best part is losing inches!! Almost 3 inches overall, and I couldn't be more excited!!!!
  • Khalter1975
    Khalter1975 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 12 cycle 1 and have lost 4.2 pounds. Is that okay? It seems that everyone else has lost more weight? I know I haven't been totally perfect on the diet...had a couple cocktails and 1/4 cup mms. But I was hoping for 6 pounds. Any words of encouragement? How much do people normally lose on the second cycle?

thanks and have a great day!

Krista
  • LisaLou009
    Options
    I am on Day 12 cycle 1 and have lost 4.2 pounds. Is that okay? It seems that everyone else has lost more weight? I know I haven't been totally perfect on the diet...had a couple cocktails and 1/4 cup mms. But I was hoping for 6 pounds. Any words of encouragement? How much do people normally lose on the second cycle?

thanks and have a great day!

Krista

I have lost more, but I have followed the diet to a T and have more to lose. I think that makes a difference. 4 lbs down is progress and what's important is your eating a healthier diet and working towards a better you. If you lose 4 lbs every 12 days, you'll be at goal in no time.
  • Chloedeniz
    Chloedeniz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Krista
    Today is my 5th day and I only lost 3 lb. My period started in 2nd day of diet and i started my ivf shots and all affects my losing weight. . But I feel so good , I don't have any bloating and I believe when my period ends i will lose more. I think 17 min or 30 min whatever exercise we can do will help more to lose weight. I agree wymama you have made a progress and eat healthier.
  • Khalter1975
    Khalter1975 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I know I should follow it to a T...but sometimes a little bit of mms make me feel better! LOL!!! Also, I like to enjoy a cocktail or two on the weekends. I guess I shouldn't complain to much if I have lost some....I should cut out the mms.... Thanks so much for the response. It helps when I have people to motivate me!
  • kaydee210
    kaydee210 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm at C1D12. It's so much easier now. Occasional cravings but nothing too major. Varying the recipes is key for me. I've lost 6 lbs. so far.
  • LisaLou009
    Options
    I'm at C1D12. It's so much easier now. Occasional cravings but nothing too major. Varying the recipes is key for me. I've lost 6 lbs. so far.

I agree it gets easier as you go along. I'm on day 7 and I just sat and enjoyed my plain Greek yogurt with blueberries and raspberries. I just sat there enjoying the taste of the berries. I love eating this way. I sit and wonder WHY? Why has it been so hard to maintain a healthy lifestyle when I enjoy eating the healthy food? Probably because I enjoy the Pringles more... ;-)

Down another .2 lbs this morning. Ready for the weekend. Hope you all have a great weekend!
  • Debbie0828
    Debbie0828 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I finish cycle 1 today, so I will weigh in again tomorrow morning, but as of today I have lost 9.2 pounds on Cycle 1. I will get the book out and read about Cycle 2 again tonight and go shopping in the a.m.. I just got a new pair of Nike Cross Trainers today to wear walking and golfing (I have two artificial hips that were put in last year so I can not wear traditional golf shoes anymore). I have hiking boots for hiking.

I am very excited that I have done this well as losing weight has been so hard for me. Thank you for starting this thread and sugesting this diet. It is working well for me and I have not really felt cheated on food (though I did cheat some :) )

Keep up the good work everyone! You are doing awesome!
  • Debbie0828
    Options
    I got a FitBit last week. I am letting it log all of my exercising right now. But today I took 7,447 steps, climbed 19 flights of steps, and burned 2,110 calories. WOOP!
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I got a FitBit last week. I am letting it log all of my exercising right now. But today I took 7,447 steps, climbed 19 flights of steps, and burned 2,110 calories. WOOP!
    Great job!!! So the fit bit is a good investment? Think it logs biking?
  • Debbie0828
    Options

Fitbit says that it doesn't log cycling, but a friend of mine said that it logged steps in her spin class. I have a little computer on my bike so I can manually log my bike rides in when I start them back up in the Spring. I like that it tells me how much sleep I am getting (I have a Fitbit One) because I have had sleep problems in the past. I entered my stride length to get a more accurate reading on my steps. It is calibrated to not count extra steps while driving on a normal road, but if it is really bumpy it may count some steps. I like it overall. I also like that it merges my info. onto MFP. :smile:

I have lost 9.6 pounds on Cycle 1. Beginning Cycle 2 today. Yay!
  • LisaLou009
    Options

Great job!!

I'm down another 1.6 this morning. I decided to have a cup of coffee. In the past, coffee is a nice cup of coffee with some type of sweetened creamer. I could never drink coffee without sugar of some kind. I had pumpkin flavored coffee with plain old half and half. It was great! I was so surprised. I actually enjoyed the coffee. I could actually taste the flavor in my flavored coffee and not just the flavor of my vanilla creamer. What a change!
  • LisaLou009
    Options
    I forgot to mention, I'm 1.8 pounds away from a momentous weight. My weight at my very first pre-natal appointment 13 years ago. I've seen the weight a few times over the years but rarely have I ever broken the barrier. I stall out there every time. Looking forward to achieving this "mini-goal" which doesn't feel so mini.
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Thanks for info. C1 D14 for me . I will let you know in a few days the outcome. I know I don't get enough sleep without the gizmo. Think I will just get the zip.

Fitbit says that it doesn't log cycling, but a friend of mine said that it logged steps in her spin class. I have a little computer on my bike so I can manually log my bike rides in when I start them back up in the Spring. I like that it tells me how much sleep I am getting (I have a Fitbit One) because I have had sleep problems in the past. I entered my stride length to get a more accurate reading on my steps. It is calibrated to not count extra steps while driving on a normal road, but if it is really bumpy it may count some steps. I like it overall. I also like that it merges my info. onto MFP. :smile:

• ctroni
    ctroni Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    C1 complete officially on Friday. On Sat. morning, I weighed in with 12.2 lb loss!!!! Amazing. On to C2!:flowerforyou:
  • LisaLou009
    Options
    C1 complete officially on Friday. On Sat. morning, I weighed in with 12.2 lb loss!!!! Amazing. On to C2!:flowerforyou:

Great job!! :bigsmile: I have one more week until C2 and looking forward to having some Malt-o-Meal. lol
  • LisaLou009
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I'm still plugging along. Tomorrow is my weekly weigh in day and I'm looking forward to seeing my progress. Today is C1D12. Can't wait for Cycle 2!
  • LisaLou009
    Options
    C1D13. Officially put my pregnancy weight behind me. That's a wall I've struggled to break through. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • galvodka
    galvodka Posts: 102
    Options
    Starting weight: 239
    End of cycle 1 weight: 226

I'm actually thinking about abandoning 17DD and going back to eating 1500 calories each day (trying to eat completely clean) and working out 45-60 mins at least 4 times per week. Even though i lost 13 lbs in 17 days....I do NOT feel good at all. I'm not hungry and not eating enough calories. It's great...I'm only eating three meals per day essentially and not hungry....but barely eating 900 calories per day and just feel tired and weak.

I'm thinking I'll try one more week on cycle 2 and will only do workouts on higher calories days.