c25k

Options
demilade
demilade Posts: 402 Member
I have signed up for a 5k run so I need to get training.

Does anyone want to join me in c25k? I'm doing a practice tonight but I officially start saturday.

Replies

• Kashton2011
    Kashton2011 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Yes, would love to join you! I've downloaded this app on my ipod and planned to start it so Saturday sounds good!
  • lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to do Week 6, Day 2 tomorrow. It almost doesn't seem possible that I've been doing it for so long! I won't say that I LIKE running now, but I certainly don't mind it, and I like it better than some of the other things I've tried. ;) Good luck!
  • demilade
    Options
    Yay Kashton we can suffer together :) lol, i thought it would help if I had someone to do it with, even just over the computer. Saturday/Monday?Wednesday are the days i dont work or work short hours so thats why i chose those days.

Lol lem_orc i cant see that i will ever like running, but its the next step in my get fir plan. And i want to do a few 5km runs this year and not walk the entire way.
  • Madalynne
    Madalynne Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When ever I did C25k, I loved running...once I completed my run.
    Starting out every workout, I was one grumpy girl. :smile:

But whatever you do - stick with it! It works if you take it at the right pace
  • Kashton2011
    Options
    Demilade, those days are perfect for me also! I'll let you know on Saturday evening how I got on :smile:
  • demilade
    Options
    Awesome. I am doing it in the afternoon while the chicklets are sleeping.
  • demilade
    Options
    I'm pleasantly surprised that ay 1 wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I live in a hilly area, and of course not one of those jogs was down hill :) I have sore bum cheeks but otherwise ok!
  • Kashton2011
    Options
    I'm doing this on the treadmill - with the hope that I will eventually run outdoors!

I was absolutely knackered after the first session and I'll be doing it again tonight.

Its a shame that the music can't be my own - I think I would 'enjoy' it so much more - oh well
  • Kashton2011
    Options
    My 2nd session is now over and done with - phew. I managed 3.12km today (didn't take notice of my first session).

I think I'll do week 1 twice just to build up my stamina!
  • demilade
    Options
    Apart from a sore bum I'm going ok. I have 1 day left of week one which is tomorrow. I find the last jog the hardest, but most of mine are uphill so I'm pretty tired by then. My rout is about 2.8km, hard to tell as its all walking tracks so it doesn't map accurately.
  • pancakesmajor
    pancakesmajor Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Way to go ladies! I hear you on the sore bums - "butt" I hope you keep it up! :happy:
  • demilade
    Options
    Lol pancakes very funny. My poor bum bounces up and down nearly as much as my boobs!
  • Kashton2011
    Options
    I forgot to report my Wednesday session - OMG I was sooo ready to give up even before I hit the half way mark (and I've no idea why really) but I stuck it out. I love it when I hear 'get ready for you second to last run' once I hear that I know I can finish it :smile:

I'm repeating week 1 just so I can build up my stamina - I don't think i've got much improvement in me at the moment so don't think I will be able to run longer!
  • demilade
    Options
    Today I did week 2 day 3 and decided to see how long I can jog for without stopping. Made it for 31/2 mins before I had to walk, and thats becuase I hit a hill so pretty happy about that. Im also going a longer distance now. 3 weeks ago I wouldnt have dreamed of trying to run, now I kind of enjoy it :) Im going to download map my run as well so I can see the distance I cover.
  • Kashton2011
    Options
    I'm still on week 1 (this is my second week at it). I'm sticking with this for this week and will start week 2 on Monday and see how far I get with that!

I haven't listened to any of the other sessions yet (probably because I don't want to frighten myself!) what are the increments in the running parts on week 2?

Thanks
  • demilade
    Options
    week 2 is the same as week 1 ;) lol I was advised by a super fit friend to follow the program and when you get to a week you cant do, stay on it till you master it, dont stay on the easier level or you wont progress. I had a little practice jog last night and I can go for 3.5mins, maybe longer but then it went uphill so I stopped :)
  • demilade
    Options
    Left my phone at work so I don't have the ap to time me, did my normal route and just jogged as long as I could, then walked to rest and repeat. I can jog for about 4 mins now.
  • pancakesmajor
    pancakesmajor Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Left my phone at work so I don't have the ap to time me, did my normal route and just jogged as long as I could, then walked to rest and repeat. I can jog for about 4 mins now.

4 minutes! That's awesome! How's your hip injury doing?
  • demilade
    Options
    My hip is an unpredictable creature. At the moment it's great, but that can change in a second. I had an unstable pelvis last year and I assume this is a carry on from that. At least my bum has stopped hurting. :)
  • Kashton2011
    Options
    I'm moving up to week 2 tonight - good to know that its very similar to week 1 !

I've just signed up to do the Race for Life in May - my first ever 5k - so I'll be sticking to this like glue

4 minutes is fantastic - I hope to be there in no time :smile: