C25K started January 10th

Options
umer76
umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
Here is the thread for C25K postings starting from tomorrow. Lets get up from the couches:mad:

Replies

• umer76
    Options
    Will be posting my day 1 of C25K shortly, going for it now!
  • littlemzkitty
    littlemzkitty Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! I'll start today after work - I'm on the west coast so 4 more hours of work.

I'll post my results here too.
  • umer76
    Options
    Week 1 day 1 done:) Apart from knee pain it was not difficult. I hope if i dont have more pains i will continue on saturday. I think 1 day rest will be good.

W1 D1
    Distance: 3.15 km

I could not find calories for c25k so i posted 8 min of jogging and rest 22 min of walk.
  • umer76
    Options
    Way to go!! I'll start today after work - I'm on the west coast so 4 more hours of work.

I'll post my results here too.
    Sure do that.
  • littlemzkitty
    Options
    I did it!!! (after Zumba which is why I'm so excited)

distance - 2.08 miles
    time - 30 mins
    calories - just over 200 based on the treadmill numbers

Day 1 - DONE!
  • umer76
    Options

distance - 2.08 miles
    time - 30 mins

Day 1 - DONE!

Good job especially when you had already done zumba:) Next run will be Saturday then?
  • catanolan
    Options
    Hey, I'm new to fitness pal and c25k, I started last Thursday, totally unfit... I am struggling with week one, I can't run so I dont know if my attempt at jogging is good enough. I've done it six nights out of the eight and my pace according to the app is averaging between 12 - 13 minutes per mile (with maximum effort) Does anyone know if this is way too slow? I don't mind repeating the week as many times as I need to get up to pace, would just be nice to have a vague idea of where I should be at.

Thanks for setting up the group.... :)
  • umer76
    Options
    I am no guru on running but my advise will be go slow as it is only the first week. You must have fatigue here and there. Take gaps as the program suggests and try to do it 3-4 times maximum. Once the soreness is gone then c25k will be increasing the jogging time anyway as the weeks pass. The actual 5k that you will do in the beginning will be of 40 min and then slowly you will be improving your time. At this stage dont push yourself too hard. May be more experienced users might suggest something different. But thats my view on it and i will be doing it slowly because running is not my thing either:)
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I did NOT start yesterday like I had hoped. We had to deal with Teen Angst Meltdown. Which left me with a migraine and going to bed before I did something illegal that involved hiding the body *grin*. Hopefully today will be better. Can we do the C25K thing in the house if we don't have a treadmill? It's raining cats and dogs outside and I would really rather not stand out in the rain in January LOL!!
  • Wraiythe
    Options

distance - 2.08 miles
    time - 30 mins

Day 1 - DONE!

That is totally awesome!!
  • umer76
    Options
    Unfortunately I did NOT start yesterday like I had hoped. We had to deal with Teen Angst Meltdown. Which left me with a migraine and going to bed before I did something illegal that involved hiding the body *grin*. Hopefully today will be better. Can we do the C25K thing in the house if we don't have a treadmill? It's raining cats and dogs outside and I would really rather not stand out in the rain in January LOL!!

C25K in the house? It depends on the size of your house. I think it does not matter as long as you manage to do it. May be you do it tomorrow. Good luck!
  • GSAllumbaugh
    GSAllumbaugh Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am going to give this a try! I printed out the treadmill version - hopefully by the end of the training, it will be nice enough to run outside!
  • wasmws1138
    Options
    What is the treadmill version?
  • Wraiythe
    Options
    Well I wound up using my hallways. Luckily they go in a straight line so I ran from the front bathroom back to our bedroom, back and forth. Maybe not completely the best way to do it but I did it and burned almost 400 cals for it and thought I was going to collapse...I'd call that a win! Woot!!
  • Loralea43
    Loralea43 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this thread. I had never heard of c25k until tonight.

I've checked out the website and I'm in. Will start in the next week.
  • Loralea43
    Loralea43 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You did it! :)
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Did not run at all this week. :(
    I have guests leaving tomorrow and after that I'll be back to my gym routine. I need to finish week 3, but I might have to start it again.
  • umer76
    Options
    Well I wound up using my hallways. Luckily they go in a straight line so I ran from the front bathroom back to our bedroom, back and forth. Maybe not completely the best way to do it but I did it and burned almost 400 cals for it and thought I was going to collapse...I'd call that a win! Woot!!
    Now that is commitment! Way to go:)
  • littlemzkitty
    Options
    I did day two last night, because I was supposed to have plans today, but they fell through this morning

Day 2
    time - 30 mins
    distance - 2.10 miles
    calories ~ 300
  • umer76
    Options
    Day 2 C25K plus lots of additional jogging and walking!

Day 2
    time - 30 mins
    distance - 3.2 Km
    Jogging - 17 min

I had to keep a gap to rest my pains:)